Do you have to prove God exists?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah now see, you didn't answer my question. But we could keep on going in circles likes this and it is getting us nowhere. Best to leave it don't you think?

If you want to hide from the truth, sure we can leave it. I answered your question while you did not answer the question I asked twice.

Have a blessed day.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I got this right, you are talking to me, Pearl. Jim, the "preachy Jesus freak," as I saw him back then, is a dear brother in the Lord. The Lord used him to get me to the place where I'm a preachy, Jesus freak. Between my ignorance of how social media works, and my mental disability, I must confuse people. As far as how many people I've led to the Lord, and how many I've told about Him, we'll let the Lord be the judge of that. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. What I’m saying, I’ve said several times. Your posts are generically true but do not pertain to the specific topic in the thread. Some call your contribution stating truisms.

Take this thread. Q. Do you have to prove God exists? A. Yes or No. instead, you post truisms, like we all need the Holy Spirit.
Call them truisms or cliches, but if they are the Word of God, what then?

Simple answer to your question, "Do you have to prove God exists?"

For me, no!

For others unless God is in it I cannot!

Reactions: Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I got this right, you are talking to me, Pearl. Jim, the "preachy Jesus freak," as I saw him back then, is a dear brother in the Lord. The Lord used him to get me to the place where I'm a preachy, Jesus freak. Between my ignorance of how social media works, and my mental disability, I must confuse people. As far as how many people I've led to the Lord, and how many I've told about Him, we'll let the Lord be the judge of that. :)
Give God the glory, my friend!

Reactions: Truman

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We hear it all the time. I don’t believe God exists. Prove God exists to me and I will become a believer.
Well, what does the Bible say about this? Are you required to prove God exists?
What if there is a better way to defend God? And, it is told right in the Bible.
Wouldn’t you want to know? Plus, you would be a more effective witness producing more fruit for the Kingdom of God.
Who wants to be a more effective witness for Jesus? Let us know what your thoughts on this subject are.

Be encouraged and… Praise God!

Psalm 14:1

Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God proved himself through the Word and the Word can prove itself.

If you're looking for evidence or finding ways to "prove" it, then you've missed the point of faith.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

In other words, that is a waste of time.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read someone once that said if you want to prove that God exists to someone, tell them to sincerely pray to God to enter their lives and turn from sin and come back in a year and tell me if he exists. I thought that was pretty good.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God proved himself through the Word and the Word can prove itself.

In the Spirit of Psalm 19, I would add Works of God. The emerging science in 3 fields is pointing unequivocally to an Intelligent Designer: Cosmology (Origins of Universe), Universal Constants in Physics (Fine Tuning), Genetics (irreducible complexity, 4D informational content).

Reactions: DuckieLady

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Spirit of Psalm 19, I would add Works of God. The emerging science in 3 fields is pointing unequivocally to an Intelligent Designer: Cosmology (Origins of Universe), Universal Constants in Physics (Fine Tuning), Genetics (irreducible complexity, 4D informational content).
In my opinion psalm 19 is speaking of His apostles not literal cosmic bodies.

in them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun.

We are His tabernacle if we love Him He makes his abode with us.

there is no speech or language where they are not heard.
Tongues resolved.

witch is a bridegroom coming out to run a race. We declare the glory of God.

recall Paul stating how he ran the race?

Chris Tucker

Apr 16, 2021
Chattanooga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read someone once that said if you want to prove that God exists to someone, tell them to sincerely pray to God to enter their lives and turn from sin and come back in a year and tell me if he exists. I thought that was pretty good.
This is solid advice and straight up Biblical. Amen!

Chris Tucker

Apr 16, 2021
Chattanooga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can prove God exists except by experience. Quoting verses of scripture does not prove God exists. It only confims that God exists but without the experience first the confirmation usually does not fly.

The sad thing is too many christian cannot prove God exists because they have never experienced him. They know about him but they do not know him. Once you know him, everything changes.

It is no different to people who claim certain things in life. They claim it because they have done it. If they haven't done it, then it is nothing more than an educated guess.

I have had two experiences that prove to me without a shadow of doubt that God exists. The first was when he saved me from death at the age of 36 and I was married and had two adorable children that would have been left fatherless.

The first was when I was travelling at 100ks an hour without a seat belt on and the car had no air bags. I came round a bend and there was another car overtaking traffic on my side of the road. There was nothing I could do to stop the collision so I grabbed the wheel with both hands and said "Jesus, here I come." I really though it was D Day for me.

In that very moment I felt two hands take hold of my shoulders that held me in my seat as the two cars ploughed into each other. A cut on my nose and a bruised knee was all I suffered. Does God exist? You bet he does.

The second was one day I was praying about abortion. As I prayed I was taken up into heaven and came face to face with God. We hugged each other and he started crying. I asked him why he was crying and he said it was because he had been waiting for this for a long time. When I came back to earth again I knew that he was crazy about me. Does God exist? You bet he does.
That's Divine intervention. Praise God... he saved you for a purpose. Amazing!