Do You Like The Area Where You Live?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really love North Carolina. I love fishing at the beaches. I love people acting polite. I love the weather.

I like to joke that people don't enjoy walking here and that the battle for the closest parking spot at the store is insane. But there are few downsides to living here.

What do you think of the area where you live?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Before we came here we lived on a busy main road with the front door opening from the pavement straight into our living room. When we decided to move I had a talk with God about the home I would like and asked for plenty of trees. And now, although we are not far from our town centre there is a park across the road and and abundance of trees both in the park, on our road and we also have some in our gardens. So yes, I love the place where I have lived for almost 38 years.

Psalm 16:6
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I love my little town. It's not far from the major cities and it has such a great community who are willing to go out of their way and help others. I am 5 minutes from the beach and also from some of New Zealand's most incredible scenic hiking trails. lakes and waterfalls. My town has a history of a revival outbreak (Welsh) which I believe will come again. Spiritually our town is in the middle of constant warfare, physically, it looks amazingly quaint and picturesque as towns go in my country.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have lived in a few places but I grew up with a sea view and surrounded by the South Downs ( South coast of the Uk ) I prayed about the view when I was returning back to my home town to support my parents - A house became available just up the road from them and I had a better view of the sea. Now it’s time to let someone else enjoy it and I will be moving into Brighton town, but it will be near to my daughter so that we can support each other.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really love North Carolina. I love fishing at the beaches. I love people acting polite. I love the weather.

I like to joke that people don't enjoy walking here and that the battle for the closest parking spot at the store is insane. But there are few downsides to living here.

I love North Carolina too! But I’m closer to the Charlotte area(Salisbury, NC), not the beach :confused: we are headed to the beach in three weeks. We tried to find a place at Kure beach but there were none open so others must love Kure beach too! We love visiting the mountains of North Carolina and the beaches. What I like best about where I live is the familiarity I think. It is home to me because I can remember all the changes over the years to how it is now. I can remember …”there was a Sky City over there, where as a child I remember the fountain in the entrance where people threw coins in… now there is a Starbucks, and a Sweetfrogs in its place where nothing looks the same.” All the development over the years. All the pay phones removed, but I remember where those phones were. That is what I like best about where I live. Going through the changes with an area I call home. It has changed so much though. One change that is not so welcomed is I’d walk places when young with my friends. All over and didn’t think anything about it. I wouldn’t recommend kids doing that today.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have lived in a few places but I grew up with a sea view and surrounded by the South Downs ( South coast of the Uk ) I prayed about the view when I was returning back to my home town to support my parents - A house became available just up the road from them and I had a better view of the sea. Now it’s time to let someone else enjoy it and I will be moving into Brighton town, but it will be near to my daughter so that we can support each other.
You all living by the sea is interesting to me. So different from where I’m comfortable. I love the ocean but I guess since I’m not familiar with it…I’m also afraid of it. I love vacations to the beach but I’m also ready to leave because the power of the ocean always has my stress levels on high alert. I don’t think I could ever live on the ocean although it is beautiful. It is mostly storm surges that scare me. I want the ocean to stay put, and if there is a chance it decides not to stay put, I don’t want to be near it. Not to compare the ocean to dogs but those are two things a fear but love at the same time. Both unpredictable to me. With dogs if any come up that I don’t know my family teases me because I will get away as fast as I can. Even if it is to get in my car and roll the widow up really fast. Even in my own yard! But I don’t hate dogs. I’m just scared of their unpredictable nature. Like the beautiful ocean view.

Reactions: Debp and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love North Carolina too! But I’m closer to the Charlotte area(Salisbury, NC), not the beach :confused: we are headed to the beach in three weeks. We tried to find a place at Kure beach but there were none open so others must love Kure beach too! We love visiting the mountains of North Carolina and the beaches. What I like best about where I live is the familiarity I think. It is home to me because I can remember all the changes over the years to how it is now. I can remember …”there was a Sky City over there, where as a child I remember the fountain in the entrance where people threw coins in… now there is a Starbucks, and a Sweetfrogs in its place where nothing looks the same.” All the development over the years. All the pay phones removed, but I remember where those phones were. That is what I like best about where I live. Going through the changes with an area I call home. It has changed so much though. One change that is not so welcomed is I’d walk places when young with my friends. All over and didn’t think anything about it. I wouldn’t recommend kids doing that today.
Oh snap, you are not far. Im near High Point and Greensboro. I actually grew up living in Kure Beach. I love fishing there.

Would walk there but yes, it was a bit sketchy at times.

I'm not as familiar with the mountains. Im very afraid of ticks.

Reactions: Debp and Lambano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh snap, you are not far. Im near High Point and Greensboro. I actually grew up living in Kure Beach. I love fishing there.

Would walk there but yes, it was a bit sketchy at times.

I'm not as familiar with the mountains. Im very afraid of ticks.
Lol. We make a good match. You afraid of ticks! my afraid of dogs and oceans! Stone Mountain is a good place. Sliding rock. The kids slide on trash bags down the rocks into the pool at the bottom. But there are snakes for sure because we always see them, and I’m sure ticks too! (but the waterfalls are beautiful!)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I live close to my church. It doesn't get terribly cold here, though it gets quite hot. I still love northeast Iowa, where I grew up, but I think I'd have trouble with the cold winters, if I moved back. My brother and sister are only a couple of days' drive to the north. Low humidity. The Great Basin Desert to the east, the Sierra Nevadas to the west.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the places I've lived, I'd take Florida in the winter, Colorado in the summer, and North Carolina in the spring and fall.

In Florida, we were only 10 minutes from the beach, and in Colorado, we could walk from our front door to the Rocky Mountains.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before we came here we lived on a busy main road with the front door opening from the pavement straight into our living room. When we decided to move I had a talk with God about the home I would like and asked for plenty of trees. And now, although we are not far from our town centre there is a park across the road and and abundance of trees both in the park, on our road and we also have some in our gardens. So yes, I love the place where I have lived for almost 38 years.

Psalm 16:6
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Isa 5:8
8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse says to me one is better of out of the city
I've never liked the city. The more rural, the better! I want "neighbors" I can visit and get to know, but cannot see them from my house or even my (long) driveway. I like space and privacy and I don't enjoy being in a city with ordinances for everything, you can't do anything on your own land without a permit, or have chickens, or grow a garden in your front yard, etc, etc, etc......etc.....!! No thanks! Get me in the hills with a nice spring fed creek, off the grid, growing my own food ...sharing the abundance with the needy, enjoying God's creation, not in the city with concrete, bricks, and fumes, the high crime rates, and hustle and bustle....!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into Brighton ( classed as a city in the U.K. , but compared to the size of cities elsewhere I would still class it as a town ) I lived with a sea view and the green hills of the South Downs, and yet I do not miss them.
I am nearer to the shops, more buses, its Just more practical as I get older. There are good and bad things no matter where you live, I needed to downsize and consider my needs as I get older. I now live next door to my daughter - it’s great x

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of convenience where I live (a business district in Los Angeles). But now I am not going out much like before.... senior citizen, walking issue.

I used to jump onto the nice subway often which has art works and colorful stations. Could do shopping for groceries, errands and also sightseeing. Lots of free concerts, too.

But now being limited in going out, I could live elsewhere as the rents are too high in California. But it's hard to know where to move to.

@Rita I watch Escape to the Country regularly so got very familiar with your counties. Love the scenery in the UK, reminds me of Pennsylvania where I grew up.

Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of convenience where I live (a business district in Los Angeles). But now I am not going out much like before.... senior citizen, walking issue.

I used to jump onto the nice subway often which has art works and colorful stations. Could do shopping for groceries, errands and also sightseeing. Lots of free concerts, too.

But now being limited in going out, I could live elsewhere as the rents are too high in California. But it's hard to know where to move to.

@Rita I watch Escape to the Country regularly so got very familiar with your counties. Love the scenery in the UK, reminds me of Pennsylvania where I grew up.
Yes I watch that program sometimes. If it ever shows you Sussex, that’s the county I live in and it is beautiful outside the town area , and of course we are on the coast so we have the sea as well. Xx

Reactions: Debp