Do you not believe Satan exists?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh,
despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Yet Michael the archangel,
when contending with the devil
he disputed about the body of Moses,
durst not bring against him a railing accusation,
but said," The Lord rebuke thee."
But these speak evil of those things which they know not:
but what they know naturally, as brute beasts,
in those things they corrupt themselves.'

(Jude 1:8-10)

I believe that Satan exists. Why? - Because the Bible says he does.

I also believe that we should take note of the verses above, and be careful how we speak of 'dignities'. Michael the Archangel, a spiritual being of note, would not bring an accusation against Satan, himself, but said only, 'The Lord rebuke thee'. It would be wise if we learned the lesson this teaches us: to leave these principalities and powers to God; and not speak evil of those things which we know not.

'Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.'

(Jas 4:7)

'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.'

(Pro 3:5)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: pastor marty

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan exists. he is real enough, first time I saw Him He was persuing someone, dressed in those roman garments with teh sandals with the wrap arounds big lion at His side, next two times I was standing with teh Lord, and he appeared from behind a bush in a nice valley, all dressed up in a business suit, told him to leave and he did, than i saw him once in dressed as an old women trying to scratch out the eyes of a man who was sitting next to a building with his head under his arms weeping, again told him to leave and he did. All these done in the spirit, and you think im lying when i tell you that you are missing out on some of the best things in Jesus. He has so much to show us just so few bother to listen.

And i have seeing his works in my life, using the bible against me so I was fighting God till I figured out what he was doing, his works are all over this forum, he loves teh religious and teh learned, pride is an easy thing to manipulate in men.

Oh he is a really good looking man, no wonder he dupes so many.
A couple of questions.
I've heard some people describe that as shapeshifting. Do you think that is an accurate term for what you saw?
Have you encountered people in need of help with this or who asked you to help them?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let’s go through it from OT to New.

The first use of the Word Satan in the Hebrew is found in 1 Chron 21:1

21:1 An adversary 1 opposed Israel, inciting David to count how many warriors Israel had.

1. Or “Satan.” The Hebrew word שָׂטָן (satan) can refer to an adversary in general or Satan in particular. There is no article accompanying the term here, which suggests it should be understood generally (cf. NAB “a satan”).

Satan here is God or a representative of God i.e Angel.
Consider also the other version of I Chron 21:1 in scripture here:

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." II Sam 24:1

It would certain seem that the Lord was called satan in Chronicles, but Jehovah in Samuel. People want prove their point using man's logic so then God would seem to be illogical. Who or what moved David to count the people? Does the left hand of God sound familiar to anyone?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Consider also the other version of I Chron 21:1 in scripture here:

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." II Sam 24:1

It would certain seem that the Lord was called satan in Chronicles, but Jehovah in Samuel. People want prove their point using man's logic so then God would seem to be illogical. Who or what moved David to count the people? Does the left hand of God sound familiar to anyone?

Hello @amadeus,

The Lord is not called, 'Satan', in 1 Chronicles 21:1.

In 2 Samuel 24:1, we have the historical fact. In 1 Chronicles 21:1, we have the real fact from the Divine standpoint. God's permission, but Satan's suggestion. See James 1:13-14.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @amadeus,

The Lord is not called, 'Satan', in 1 Chronicles 21:1.

In 2 Samuel 24:1, we have the historical fact. In 1 Chronicles 21:1, we have the real fact from the Divine standpoint. God's permission, but Satan's suggestion. See James 1:13-14.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

You have an explanation, which is fine, but I have another explanation. It is simply that satan is simply the adversary in the unredeemed man that tempts him to sin. When we have been redeemed by Jesus, we have then something in us that is greater than that adversary.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have an explanation, which is fine, but I have another explanation. It is simply that satan is simply the adversary in the unredeemed man that tempts him to sin. When we have been redeemed by Jesus, we have then something in us that is greater than that adversary.
@amadeus

Yet, Amadeus, you do also believe the Biblical fact, that Satan (Lucifer, the Devil, the Prince of the power of the air, the serpent of Eden and of Revelation) is a created being, an Angel, whose purpose is far greater than that which you describe, don't you?

We are led away by the lusts of our own heart, we need no other enticement.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A couple of questions.
I've heard some people describe that as shapeshifting. Do you think that is an accurate term for what you saw?
Have you encountered people in need of help with this or who asked you to help them?
I dont believe he can create only modify, and no I have never encountered people with issues not that I was aware of any hows.. Must admit, one cannot fight an nor defend yourself against one that you dont believe exists.

Reactions: truthquest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I dont believe he can create only modify, and no I have never encountered people with issues not that I was aware of any hows..
but even the wind can be personified, right. The wind exists, but try to describe it as literal to someone who has never experienced it, and the analogy of personifying satan becomes a little more clear imo
Must admit, one cannot fight an nor defend yourself against one that you dont believe exists.
must admit, satan is found in the mirror, not in the outside of self.
Iow if you perceive enemies outside of yourself, you have satan inside yourself

and this is Scriptural, so of course i don't expect a reply to this post either

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Yet, Amadeus, you do also believe the Biblical fact, that Satan (Lucifer, the Devil, the Prince of the power of the air, the serpent of Eden and of Revelation) is a created being, an Angel, whose purpose is far greater than that which you describe, don't you?

We are led away by the lusts of our own heart, we need no other enticement.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I don't see satan as an entity separate from man, himself. Because I recognize the arguments that people have for the other side of this issue, I usually don't pursue it much. I simply say that man is his own worst enemy. There are other enemies, but so long as I am on the Lord's side, there is not one that can stand against us.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't see satan as an entity separate from man, himself. Because I recognize the arguments that people have for the other side of this issue, I usually don't pursue it much. I simply say that man is his own worst enemy. There are other enemies, but so long as I am on the Lord's side, there is not one that can stand against us.
truth is impervious to fire, i guess

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
must admit, satan is found in the mirror, not in the outside of self.
Iow if you perceive enemies outside of yourself, you have satan inside yourself

and this is Scriptural, so of course i don't expect a reply to this post either
Really, there is a devil, and yes lots of satans, no matter what you call him, he is real enough, teh God of this world, has so many bowing to him, and he does influence us all. Bit like a fly buzzing round your head, limited to what he can do, for we must let him do it, what ever it is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
truth is impervious to fire, i guess
Indeed, consider what happened when the three Hebrews thrown into the fire. The soldiers who threw them in died. The Hebrews only had the ropes securing them burned off. [Daniel 3]

Reactions: bbyrd009

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job said:
Do you not believe Satan exists?

Just curious...

===================
@face2face said:

No and yes...
Maybe for another thread.

=====================
@breathofdesire said:

Are you going to make a thread about it? I have some interesting idea's about satan.

=======
ByGrace says:
Well, I am listening. Go for it! :)

*****Earnie Pyle,(WW2 cameraman)sd'"Ain't no athiests in foxholes !" I believe in JESUS !(never met Him) I have KNOWN devils/got the scars 2 prove it..& the nitemares !! Mortal Satan's (Stalin/Idy Amin)are as evil as invisible/immortal ones...Darth Vaders real & every time we send him back 2 hell he reincarnates in a new body w/nastier weapons !!*************Hello;Gracey !!***<m>*******

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't even waste my time with this creature Job. He just needs that kind of attention that he has to disagree with scripture that an eight year old can understand. I guess he just needs someone to talk to or something.
****one more time in case the folks in the cheap seats dint hear//Evil/agony/sickness feels the same whether it's todays attack or eternal/Forever is a scary concept/rite now is real !! & so's Lucifer & at the risk o'offending alot o'nice parsons;I mainly go 2 church 2 hide from the devil 4 a few hrs...U guys debate lofty topics/me;I'm just waitin'fer the bus home !(Heaven)********<m>*************

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh,
despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Yet Michael the archangel,
when contending with the devil
he disputed about the body of Moses,
durst not bring against him a railing accusation,
but said," The Lord rebuke thee."
But these speak evil of those things which they know not:
but what they know naturally, as brute beasts,
in those things they corrupt themselves.'

(Jude 1:8-10)

I believe that Satan exists. Why? - Because the Bible says he does.

I also believe that we should take note of the verses above, and be careful how we speak of 'dignities'. Michael the Archangel, a spiritual being of note, would not bring an accusation against Satan, himself, but said only, 'The Lord rebuke thee'. It would be wise if we learned the lesson this teaches us: to leave these principalities and powers to God; and not speak evil of those things which we know not.

'Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.'

(Jas 4:7)

'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.'

(Pro 3:5)

In Christ Jesus
Chris
******* VERY smart kitty !*******<m>

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe he can create only modify, and no I have never encountered people with issues not that I was aware of any hows.. Must admit, one cannot fight an nor defend yourself against one that you dont believe exists.
What would you tell someone who was having issues? For example, if they told you that they were being attacked physically and even thrown across a room in full view of others seeing that. Or if heavy furniture is being thrown around like toy furniture in their house. Or even worse that a family member is possessed. Things like that that so many people are reporting and needing help with. But are hesitant to ask for help because they think they won't be believed or will be told they have mental issues.