Do you still read paper newspapers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you still read paper newspapers? Do you think they have gotten better or worse over the years?

Reactions: Nancy

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't picked up a physical newspaper in many years. Most mainstream media outlets are super-biased toward protecting the interests of the Washington establishment, even Fox News, which was long considered a solid conservative outlet. It used to be, but not anymore.

All of the major media outlets are controlled by major corporations. The Washington Establishment protects their interests and, in return, those corporations serve the Washington Establishment, such as censoring news that might cast the Washinton Establishment in a less-than-glorious light.

Do you know how Benito Mussolini defined fascism? He said that fascism is the marriage of government and corporations. That's what we Americans have in Washington D.C. at this very moment.

Social media giants are crawling with government agents that spread misinformation and who also censor information that is contrary to the interests of the Washington establishment. In fact, just today a court ruled that it's ok for the Biden Regime to dictate to social media companies that they censor and BAN speech.

Reactions: Wynona

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We still have newspapers at work in the carehome, so if I am waiting for a lift I might just look through one. Ido sometimes check out the local paper, but on line. I haven’t got much time for the tabloids to be honest, they just manipulate and hound people in order to make money. You cannot trust the main ones , the local ones are not so bad.

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We still have newspapers at work in the carehome, so if I am waiting for a lift I might just look through one. Ido sometimes check out the local paper, but on line. I haven’t got much time for the tabloids to be honest, they just manipulate and hound people in order to make money. You cannot trust the mains ones, the local ones are not so bad.

Nowadays they all serve the Washington Establishment and corporate interests, which are one-in-the-same.

The Washington Establishment made a FORTUNE on the Covid Pandemic through "emergency" loans along with their investments in big pharma. All of the media outlets, from CNN to Fox News, ALL take big money from big pharma pushing their vaccines and other drugs on the American people. Big pharma puts big money into the pockets of the Washington elites and round and round we go. They get rich and we get lies and falsehoods.

However, interestingly, their pathological lying, stealing, and corruption have only strengthened my faith in God. The people in the Washington Establishment are definitely NOT of God. They have essentially sold their souls for a cup of soup in this life compared to the untold riches of God's kingdom. God laughs at them and so do I.

Psalms 37:13-15
but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword and bend their bows
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose way is upright;
15 their sword shall enter their own heart,
and their bows shall be broken.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the U.K. it’s the same, but just another elite group. Thankfully I think many have their eyes open to the manipulation, but the older generations ( 80 above ) don’t always see it , my dad use to believe everything he read in the papers and on the news.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you still read paper newspapers? Do you think they have gotten better or worse over the years?
I haven't read a newspaper for many years, not since the press coverage of Princess Diana took over all the papers. They seemed to cover nothing else and I just wasn't interested.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I rarely do now, so can't say, when I worked for someone else the boss got them everyday, and the newspapers had a Christian article included in there once in a while.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your local newspaper:
Wrapper of fish,
Keeper of the baseball standings

We still subscribe to the local paper. I spend most of my time in the comic section and doing the Sudoku and occasionally the reading Sports section. For local news, the paper is actually a little better than the news feeds on my phone.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It used to be a decades long thing that I would buy one on the way to work but, they started using really cheap ink and I got it all over my fingers and my desk! Plus, they removed all the stands on the street so had to go to a store. The paper was getting thinner and thinner and more and more expensive so, I stopped getting it, and just do online local and world news.
What they are doing now is not listing all the obits, so you will subscribe to their news. Horrible greed.

Reactions: Wynona