Is the world worse now? Or is the world better now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you see the world retrospectively from when you grew up? Has things changed so dramatically you would rather them return to the way things where?

My world view was the four corners of where my eyes landed. Fights with mom, bickering with my sister and brother from time to time, and over all left to address my own self being left alone while my mother went to work. Never watched the news but rarely, and over all my world was just what my eyes seen and rested on. Outside, inside. Many people look at the world today and say it’s gotten worse, but has anything ever really changed since the dawn of Cain and Abel for those who knows the knowledge of good and evil?

If you were in charge and could make a change what changes would you want to see? Are there things you would rather have back from your past? Is it even worth looking back then? Or is it better to move forward accepting what is, and perhaps … be motivated to not look so much at this world and put it as one’s focus and look to the heavenly and put one’s focus there instead?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you see the world retrospectively from when you grew up? Has things changed so dramatically you would rather them return to the way things where?
Since I was a child a lot has changed in the world; some things are worse but also some things are better.
Many people look at the world today and say it’s gotten worse, but has anything ever really changed since the dawn of Cain and Abel for those who knows the knowledge of good and evil?
There has always been a presence of evil in the world but compare to my early days the evil is more prevalent today whereas it used to be hidden and covered up. It's everywhere now wherever you look.
If you were in charge and could make a change what changes would you want to see? Are there things you would rather have back from your past?
I think i would like to see children disciplined and taught respect both at home and in school. I would like to see Christian values being taught in schools again even if they weren't at home. My school day always began with a Christian assembly and ended with prayers,
Is it even worth looking back then? Or is it better to move forward accepting what is, and perhaps … be motivated to not look so much at this world and put it as one’s focus and look to the heavenly and put one’s focus there instead?
Some things are good to look back on but not in a hankering way but with fond memories. In Christ Jesus it's the now and tomorrow we need to be more aware of.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My world view was the four corners of where my eyes landed. Fights with mom, bickering with my sister and brother from time to time, and over all left to address my own self being left alone while my mother went to work. Never watched the news but rarely, and over all my world was just what my eyes seen and rested on. Outside, inside. Many people look at the world today and say it’s gotten worse, but has anything ever really changed since the dawn of Cain and Abel for those who knows the knowledge of good and evil?

If you were in charge and could make a change what changes would you want to see? Are there things you would rather have back from your past? Is it even worth looking back then? Or is it better to move forward accepting what is, and perhaps … be motivated to not look so much at this world and put it as one’s focus and look to the heavenly and put one’s focus there instead?
The world seems far worse to me today than when I was young, but maybe I wasn't paying attention when I was young.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
There has always been a presence of evil in the world but compare to my early days the evil is more prevalent today whereas it used to be hidden and covered up. It's everywhere now wherever you look.
Reminds me of Jer 6:15

Are they ashamed of their detestable conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when I punish them,” says the LORD.

Reactions: Pearl