Do You Think A Tattoo Gift Certificate Makes For A Good Birthday Gift For An Adult Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think a tattoo gift certificate makes for a good birthday gift for an adult Christian?

• I'm still trying to decide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if s/he already has a tattoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
oh ok... I thought it was something like that but wasn't entirely sure. I guess it depends on the other persons feeling toward tattoos. If he/she is fine with tattoos I think it would be ok. voted  :D

Okay thnx.

You see, the subtitle is:

"(particularly if s/he would be interested in ink for a faith design)"

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Okay thnx.

You see, the subtitle is:

"(particularly if s/he would be interested in ink for a faith design)"
daniel-in-the-lions-den-zoom.jpg

I was watching Inked the other day on tv (not a show i watch normally but was channel surfing and there it was) and saw a firefighter get an absolute copy of this on his back. It was a pretty awesome tattoo, taking up his back from shoulder to shoulder and I guess about half way down his back. Even the stones were included and the color was just about perfect because the guy had a tanned back and they used some pretty cool shading. It was impressive. I thought it was pretty cool because while he was getting the tattoo, he was telling the tattoo artist the story about Daniel in the lions den.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
I would never get a tattoo and i would never give a gift voucher of a tattoo to anyone. Christian or non-Christian.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would never get a tattoo and i would never give a gift voucher of a tattoo to anyone. Christian or non-Christian.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar:

This is great and good to see your comment.

I'm not necessarily saying to ppl, Go get ink.

Fact is - and this is a more general comment rather than disagreeing with you, Adstar, - there is a lot of ink out there, some of it tasteful, some of it not; some of it with a Christian theme, others wildly pagan.

Also, some tattoos come with a past. In the case of someone with a past, I wonder if a kind friend giving the person a tattoo voucher can actually be helpful in putting that person's past out of site.

For example:

a lady bearing an ex-bf's name in her tattoo, but who now by grace wants to live for the Lord, might even appreciate a friend's gift to get an ink-over, eg, 'Bill' changed to 'Bible', or 'GARY' changed to 'GRACE', etc.

Thanks again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was watching Inked the other day on tv (not a show i watch normally but was channel surfing and there it was) and saw a firefighter get an absolute copy of this on his back. It was a pretty awesome tattoo, taking up his back from shoulder to shoulder and I guess about half way down his back. Even the stones were included and the color was just about perfect because the guy had a tanned back and they used some pretty cool shading. It was impressive. I thought it was pretty cool because while he was getting the tattoo, he was telling the tattoo artist the story about Daniel in the lions den.

6string:

Interesting; I guess what you described shows the whole point behind witness tattoo designs; to help in communicating to people.

Tambora

Oct 30, 2009
I voted " It depends on the circumstances".

It wouldn't be a "good" gift if the person you were getting it for did not like tattoos.
But it would be a "good" gift if the person you were getting it for did like tattoos.

I've seen folks argue that God gave you the skin you were born with, and it should be left as is.
Then again, we are born without clothing, and I don't think we should leave it as is!!!!!!

You can print something on your body, or print something on a T-shirt you wear.
But your true self will come from your heart and your actions.

Tavita

Mar 18, 2010
Singleton Australia
Do you think a tattoo gift certificate makes for a good birthday gift for an adult Christian?

I voted 'It depends on the circumstance'.

If a Christian has a tattoo already and regrets it, would you want to encourage him/her to consider having it removed by laser (etc.) or maybe have it modified instead to become a preferable, e.g., faith related, design instead?

I voted 'I'm still trying to decide'. But my actual answer would be neither. If you have a tattoo I would suggest learning to live with it because having it removed can leave keloid scars and having it modified is pointless.. it's still a tattoo.

Do you think a faith related tattoo design needs to be somewhere readily visible?

I think I voted 'I'm still trying to decide', but my actual answer would be... faith related or not it's still a tattoo, and just because it's faith related doesn't make it any more holy, or spiritual.

I don't mind tattoos that are well done though..:D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I voted 'It depends on the circumstance'.

If a Christian has a tattoo already and regrets it, would you want to encourage him/her to consider having it removed by laser (etc.) or maybe have it modified instead to become a preferable, e.g., faith related, design instead?

I voted 'I'm still trying to decide'. But my actual answer would be neither. If you have a tattoo I would suggest learning to live with it because having it removed can leave keloid scars and having it modified is pointless.. it's still a tattoo.

Do you think a faith related tattoo design needs to be somewhere readily visible?

I think I voted 'I'm still trying to decide', but my actual answer would be... faith related or not it's still a tattoo, and just because it's faith related doesn't make it any more holy, or spiritual.

I don't mind tattoos that are well done though..:D

Ms Tavita:

Thanks.

What I was thinking of, for example, if someone has a past, there might be the motivation to have a tattoo modified.

Example:

a lady bearing an ex-bf's name in her tattoo, but she now by grace wants to live for the Lord, might even appreciate a friend's gift to get an ink-over, eg, 'Bill' changed to 'Bible', or 'GARY' changed to 'GRACE', etc. (A good tattooist can often tastefully work round leaves etc to cover inconvenient letters etc.)

"I don't mind tattoos that are well done though..:D "

So you find some of them rather attractive?

Take care and God bless.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello farouk

I voted “no” to the first question, but was unable to log in my vote, because I did not respond to the next two questions.

The reason I voted no, is because the LORD doesn’t want us to get Tattoos.....
Leviticus 19:28
“Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.”
--------------------------------------------------
As Christians we are not under the law, but the law does reveal God’s mind to us, therefore we know that the LORD doesn’t like them.

The reason I didn’t answer the last two questions, is because my choice of an answer wasn’t given........
“If a Christian has a tattoo already and regrets it, would you want to encourage him/her to consider having it removed by laser (etc.) or maybe have it modified instead to become a preferable, e.g., faith related, design instead?”

My answer would have been “don’t worry about it", and ask the LORD what you should do.
“Do you think a faith related tattoo design needs to be somewhere readily visible?”

I don’t think we should get them anywhere.

Reactions: Robinson Crusoe

Tavita

Mar 18, 2010
Singleton Australia
Ms Tavita:

Thanks.

What I was thinking of, for example, if someone has a past, there might be the motivation to have a tattoo modified.

Example:

a lady bearing an ex-bf's name in her tattoo, but she now by grace wants to live for the Lord, might even appreciate a friend's gift to get an ink-over, eg, 'Bill' changed to 'Bible', or 'GARY' changed to 'GRACE', etc. (A good tattooist can often tastefully work round leaves etc to cover inconvenient letters etc.)

So you find some of them rather attractive?

Take care and God bless.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Under those circumstances getting an over ink would be okay.

I like the new type of tats that are just one color ink... black. Those that look like the New Zealand Maori tats.

God bless....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Under those circumstances getting an over ink would be okay.

I like the new type of tats that are just one color ink... black. Those that look like the New Zealand Maori tats.

God bless....

Ms Tavita:

See, you really do seem quite to like some of them.

So if a friend or relative, knowing that you do, innocently gave you a tattoo gift certificate, would you just put it in the trash can?

Take care.

Tavita

Mar 18, 2010
Singleton Australia
Ms Tavita:

See, you really do seem quite to like some of them.

So if a friend or relative, knowing that you do, innocently gave you a tattoo gift certificate, would you just put it in the trash can?

Take care.

LOL!.... no, Farouk, I wouldn't throw it in the trash can. I'd be very thankful and kindly ask them if they could try to get their money back. Even though I like some of the newer types I still don't want one for myself. Just as I like some graffiti too, I wouldn't want any on my house.. :lol:

Tell me... do you like them and would you have one done?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
LOL!.... no, Farouk, I wouldn't throw it in the trash can. I'd be very thankful and kindly ask them if they could try to get their money back. Even though I like some of the newer types I still don't want one for myself. Just as I like some graffiti too, I wouldn't want any on my house.. :lol:

Tell me... do you like them and would you have one done?

Ms T:

Okay, thanks.

So you like them...but you don't. Well, fine. I guess for some ppl if the faith related design were the main motive, then it might push them to have it done. But I guess such a design would never motivate you, anyway?

(The design I got on my arm years ago was in ink that soon faded; I regretted it, and it wasn't in a faith related design, either, unfortunately.)

Robinson Crusoe

Feb 15, 2010
I voted “no” to the first question...

The reason I voted no, is because the LORD doesn’t want us to get Tattoos.....
Leviticus 19:28
“Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.”

I don’t think we should get them anywhere.

I think, you hit the nail on the head!

JamieinNH

Feb 9, 2010
I voted no with this question because I feel anyone getting a Tattoo should do it only after great thought. For me, it's not the "gift certificate' type of thing.

I voted trying to decide on this because I haven't really given it any thought.

I voted I don't know or don't care on this one. I don't think the "where" the tattoo is matters after you have given thought to why you're getting the tattoo. I have never wanted a tattoo in my life. I am deathly afraid of needles, and yet I have a tattoo.

I made a major change in my life and the thought came to me that I wanted a tattoo of a cross to remind me daily of where I have been and where I need to stay focused. After over 18 months of deciding I had it done.

I put it on my arm, higher up, but there are three small 'drops of blood' just past my elbow on the top side of my arm. I have people come to me many times saying that I am bleeding, and that opens up the door for me to show them my tattoo and give my testimony.

So given that I don't think it 'has' to be in view and it don't have to be hidden..

A pic of my tattoo...

View attachment 24

Jamie

Attachments

• Tattoo.png
    Tattoo.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 2