Do you think speaking in Tounges is the gift of everybody?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wrong the word tongues in greek means languages of other nations periodit does not mean babble never did mean babblle unknown it not in the manuscripts so where is your proof that babble is anything???glōssa Pronunciation glō's-sä (Key) Part of Speechfeminine nounTDNT Reference1:719,123 VinesView Entry Outline of Biblical Usage 1) the tongue, a member of the body, an organ of speech 2) a tonguea) the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nationsThats what the word means there is no Babble involved no mater what you think the Word means what it means

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;28073)
Wrong the word tongues in greek means languages of other nations period it does not mean babble never did mean babblle unknown it not in the manuscripts so where is your proof that babble is anything???
Kriss is correct followerofchrist. It's languages. If I say speak in Greek and English, and you, Ryan only know English, don't you think I'll prophecy Greek language to you, the real gift of "Tongue" (Languages) is not some BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. It's speaking a foreign language, a known language...You see, the Bible was written in Hebrew (OT) translated to English. And Greek (NT) translated to English.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
Conviniently you missed the first definition... a member of the body.. a tongue.glōssaTotal KJV Occurrences: 50tongues, 26Mar_16:17, Act_2:3-4 (2), Act_2:11, Act_10:46, Act_19:6, Rom_3:13, 1Co_12:10 (2), 1Co_12:28, 1Co_12:30, 1Co_13:1, 1Co_13:8, 1Co_14:5-6 (3), 1Co_14:18, 1Co_14:22-23 (2), 1Co_14:39, Rev_7:9, Rev_10:11, Rev_11:9, Rev_13:7, Rev_16:10, Rev_17:15tongue, 24Mar_7:33, Mar_7:35, Luk_1:64, Luk_16:24, Act_2:26, Rom_14:11, 1Co_14:2, 1Co_14:4, 1Co_14:9, 1Co_14:13-14 (2), 1Co_14:19, 1Co_14:26-27 (2), Phi_2:11, Jam_1:26, Jam_3:5-6 (3), Jam_3:8, 1Pe_3:10, 1Jo_3:18, Rev_5:9, Rev_14:6Notice this verse:1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. There are tongues that men do not know. These tongues glorify and commune with God. There are other tongues with interpretation that men understand and give an interpretations.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(followerofchrist;28036)
I have been confronted with this problem, I haven't been a believer for more than 5 months but right after I was saved one of my friends told me that I didn't have the holy ghost unless I spoke in tounges and that bothered me for weeks but after enough reading on my own I figured out he was wrong. The gift of speaking in tounges isn't given to everybody.
You should listen to your friend follower... He speaks the truth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;28036)
I have been confronted with this problem, I haven't been a believer for more than 5 months but right after I was saved one of my friends told me that I didn't have the holy ghost unless I spoke in tounges and that bothered me for weeks but after enough reading on my own I figured out he was wrong. The gift of speaking in tounges isn't given to everybody.
Followerofchrist, Do not listen to your friend. He is creating a confusion. Do you not speak in English tongue? Why would God want us not to understand His words? God is no author of confusions.There is no such thing as an unknown tongue, as the word unknown is not in the manuscripts. I repeat it's a foreign language.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(thesuperjag;28081)
Followerofchrist, Do not listen to your friend. He is creating a confusion. Do you not speak in English tongue? Why would God want us not to understand His words? God is no author of confusions.There is no such thing as an unknown tongue, as the word unknown is not in the manuscripts. I repeat it's a foreign language.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
This should be enought to make you realized Jag does not know what he/she is talking about.1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ryan;28083)
(thesuperjag;28081)
This should be enought to make you realized Jag does not know what he/she is talking about.1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.The word unknown is in Italics. It was added by man to make the English more readable. Man does not always add the right word. It's like we always tell not the Truth.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. Why would God want us not to understand His words?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(ryan;28079)
Conviniently you missed the first definition... a member of the body.. a tongue.glōssaTotal KJV Occurrences: 50tongues, 26Mar_16:17, Act_2:3-4 (2), Act_2:11, Act_10:46, Act_19:6, Rom_3:13, 1Co_12:10 (2), 1Co_12:28, 1Co_12:30, 1Co_13:1, 1Co_13:8, 1Co_14:5-6 (3), 1Co_14:18, 1Co_14:22-23 (2), 1Co_14:39, Rev_7:9, Rev_10:11, Rev_11:9, Rev_13:7, Rev_16:10, Rev_17:15tongue, 24Mar_7:33, Mar_7:35, Luk_1:64, Luk_16:24, Act_2:26, Rom_14:11, 1Co_14:2, 1Co_14:4, 1Co_14:9, 1Co_14:13-14 (2), 1Co_14:19, 1Co_14:26-27 (2), Phi_2:11, Jam_1:26, Jam_3:5-6 (3), Jam_3:8, 1Pe_3:10, 1Jo_3:18, Rev_5:9, Rev_14:6Notice this verse:1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. There are tongues that men do not know. These tongues glorify and commune with God. There are other tongues with interpretation that men understand and give an interpretations.
Yes a tongue everyone has one and should spread (talk of)the Word of God in a language people understand no where does it say unknown babble teaches anything to anyone "unknown" is a word added by men it is not in the Word. And as far as verse if you want to pray in bable go ahead but God would rather you know what you are saying to him for all you know you could be calling him namesYou are told not to do this in public nor to other men because it serves no purpose and is not evidence of the holy spirit unless you understand and know what you are saying Babble reveals no mystery it is just gibberish.Unless you can interpt what your saying you could be talking from evil spiritsand I did not leave it out I didnt highlight it because it means a body part period (not speech)

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
Ryan. Your assessment however is that without speaking in tongue one essentially is not saved. This is classic oneness pentecostalism. This is certainly not the most accepted view in christendom today. Your thoughts

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(Franklin;28089)
Ryan. Your assessment however is that without speaking in tongue one essentially is not saved. This is classic oneness pentecostalism. This is certainly not the most accepted view in christendom today. Your thoughts
Your right, not the most main stream... but then again isn't true Christianity strait and narrow, and false Christianity broad.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(ryan;28092)
Your right, not the most main stream... but then again isn't true Christianity strait and narrow, and false Christianity broad.
So is that what you believe? That unless you have spoken in tounges your not saved.

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
Well you question is leading. False Christianity is rejecting or twisting principles of the faith, and being to accepting of various doctrines and heresies, along with abusing grace and a myriad of other entanglements what you and I are talking about is not broad strokes of acceptance in Christianity but orthodox views, that have long been established as early as the first church

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Tongue Speak requirement is 100% unbiblical.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(thesuperjag;28100)
Tongue Speak requirement is 100% unbiblical.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Ryan;28101)
(thesuperjag;28100)
I'm sorry you feel that way.And you don't even realized that it contradicts Ephesians 2:8-9. So much for being saved by grace, instead you believe we are saved by works. Hence IE ... Tongue Speaking Requirement.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ryan We are saved by grace when you accept our lord as your savior and repent of your sinsthe holy spirit is in you Tongues was never a part of being called a Christian until modern times it is not required it was never required Christ never spoke in tongues it is called a lowly gift even if you belive it exists no lowly gift called less than charity is proof of any holy spirit.do not be fooled Gods word has no religion its not pencostal, or catholic, or any other religion it is for all.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;28103)
Ryan We are saved by grace when you accept our lord as your savior and repent of your sinsthe holy spirit is in you Tongues was never a part of being called a Christian until modern times it is not required it was never required Christ never spoke in tongues it is called a lowly gift even if you belive it exists no lowly gift called less than charity is proof of any holy spirit.do not be fooled Gods word has no religion its not pencostal, or catholic, or any other religion it is for all.
Amen!!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;28103)
Amen!!! x 2JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I do not believe that you have to speak in tongues to be saved but I do believe all that are saved can speak in tongues. Where is the babble talk coming from? The tongues I have heard sounds like a language. Tongues is only a lesser gift if no one interprets.(1 Corinthians 14:5)