Doctrines of Demons???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was baptized THREE TIMES before actually repenting and becoming born again. THEN God spoke to me and told me, "now be baptized in water."
So what were you baptised in the three times before you were baptised in water?

You say the Baptism of the Holy Spirit does not appear in Scripture? Is the book called the Acts of the Apostles scripture?

4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Don't you know the difference between a noun and a verb?

The NOUN phrase "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" does NOT appear in scripture. It was invented in the 19th century at the start of the Pentecostal movement by R. A. Torrey.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The NOUN phrase "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" does NOT appear in scripture. It was invented in the 19th century at the start of the Pentecostal movement by R. A. Torrey.
Could you tell me the difference in being "baptized OF the Holy Spirit" and being "baptized WITH the Holy Spirit"? Thank you.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Could you tell me the difference in being "baptized OF the Holy Spirit" and being "baptized WITH the Holy Spirit"? Thank you.

If you are going to point out that baptised with is used in both John 1 and Acts 1 I agree. However with/of/by seem to be generally used interchangeably & I wasn't going to get picky. I know what 1stCenturyLady was referring to.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are the same. One tells who is doing the baptizing - the Spirit of Christ. And the other is Who comes into us to dwell and change our minds and natures to that of Christ - the Spirit of Christ. Romans 8:9; Acts of the Apostles 1:5-8

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It had to do with knowledge of sin or motive.

1. Sprinkled as a baby without my even knowing about it for over 40 years.
2. Immersed in water to join the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.
3. Anger at Seventh-day Adventist Church for telling me only they had "The Truth."

None of those were for the right reasons. And what was "said" over me is not as important as my own motive. But then four years later, I was baptized with fire from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet and I felt like I was floating as the burden of the carnal old-man nature left my body, but first saw a vision of my sin, and God spoke to me and allowed me to hear His voice from then on. Then the outpouring came. It was Him that told me "Now be baptized in water."

So you see it doesn't matter if you've been baptized in water if the knowledge or motive was wrong. One thing that was wrong for me was that baptism in water didn't bring me the Holy Spirit automatically as so many believe. Maybe yourself too?

Already answered in #164. You need to accept when and most importantly HOW to receive the Holy Spirit, because knowing that and receiving Him are the most important thing about the gospel of Jesus, because it is HIS Spirit that goes with His baptism with fire.

Don't let arrogance stand in the way of wanting all that God has for you. Humble yourself. That is what I had to do, and everyone else who has actually truly repented and received the Holy Spirit. Not just out of faith and believing you've received Him. It is an actual life-changing experience and I know you do want that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It had to do with knowledge of sin or motive.

1. Sprinkled as a baby without my even knowing about it for over 40 years.
2. Immersed in water to join the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.
3. Anger at Seventh-day Adventist Church for telling me only they had "The Truth."

None of those were for the right reasons. And what was "said" over me is not as important as my own motive. But then four years later, I was baptized with fire from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet and I felt like I was floating as the burden of the carnal old-man nature left my body, but first saw a vision of my sin, and God spoke to me and allowed me to hear His voice from then on. Then the outpouring came. It was Him that told me "Now be baptized in water."

So you see it doesn't matter if you've been baptized in water if the knowledge or motive was wrong. One thing that was wrong for me was that baptism in water didn't bring me the Holy Spirit automatically as so many believe. Maybe yourself too?

Already answered in #164. You need to accept when and most importantly HOW to receive the Holy Spirit, because knowing that and receiving Him are the most important thing about the gospel of Jesus, because it is HIS Spirit that goes with His baptism with fire.

Don't let arrogance stand in the way of wanting all that God has for you. Humble yourself. That is what I had to do, and everyone else who has actually truly repented and received the Holy Spirit. Not just out of faith and believing you've received Him. It is an actual life-changing experience and I know you do want that.

If you were baptised validly - with the correct matter (water) and form (in the name of the Father.....etc.) then you received the Holy Spirit for indwelling at that time.

Being baptised with the Holy Spirit is something different. The Holy Spirit comes upon, not within, for power (Lk 24:49, Acts 1:8).

Your experiences are interesting but do I base my beliefs on your experiences or upon Scripture?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were baptised validly - with the correct matter (water) and form (in the name of the Father.....etc.) then you received the Holy Spirit for indwelling at that time.

Being baptised with the Holy Spirit is something different. The Holy Spirit comes upon, not within, for power (Lk 24:49, Acts 1:8).

Your experiences are interesting but do I base my beliefs on your experiences or upon Scripture?

No, I didn't. I would not have been able to commit willful sins of lawlessness that the Holy Spirit makes us incapable of desiring to do. Mungo, my friend, it is not a formula that God works through, it is our heart and motives about His Son.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
supernatural is natural for the born again.

carnal is natural for the unsaved.

1Corinthians 3:1 teaches that carnal Christians are babes in Christ:
"And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ."

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Corinthians 3:1 teaches that carnal Christians are babes in Christ:
"And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ."

A carnal Christian is still being drawn by the Spirit, but they are not walking in the Spirit which is necessary. Read the next letter after this scathing first one.

8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I didn't. I would not have been able to commit willful sins of lawlessness that the Holy Spirit makes us incapable of desiring to do. Mungo, my friend, it is not a formula that God works through, it is our heart and motives about His Son.

Are you suggesting that when you receive the Holy Spirit you become unable to commit sin; once saved always saved?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that when you receive the Holy Spirit you become unable to commit sin; once saved always saved?

Sins of lawlessness, yes. 1 John 3:4-5. But there are still sins not unto death that we must grow out of as our fruit of the Spirit grows. If you don't Peter has a stern warning for you. But if you do, then you have assured your salvation. 2 Peter 1:2-11

OSAS is still OUR responsibility to walk, grow and not quench the Spirit. Salvation is really at the end of the road, not at the beginning.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just anyone can label others as "doctrines of demons". Isn't that actually a certain thing in the Bible? Should we be appropriating those words for our own uses?

Much love!

Yeah, it's a favorite style of attack by one denomination against other denominations.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sins of lawlessness, yes. 1 John 3:4-5. But there are still sins not unto death that we must grow out of as our fruit of the Spirit grows. If you don't Peter has a stern warning for you. But if you do, then you have assured your salvation. 2 Peter 1:2-11

OSAS is still OUR responsibility to walk, grow and not quench the Spirit. Salvation is really at the end of the road, not at the beginning.

Well, right there with your mention of support for the OSAS doctrine of men shows us all about your state as a hypocrite. That idea is definitely a doctrine from demons. You need to study and heed Scripture like Hebrews 6, and Galatians 5. Only IF... we walk by The Spirit have we become dead to the law with being in Christ Jesus. It's because like Apostle Paul said there, walking by The Spirit means doing the good things of The Spirit of which there is no law against.

What your attitude actually shows is a lack of Bible study with most of your focus on The New Testament Books when even The New Testament Books constantly quote from The Old Testament Books, so you failed to go back and study what The Old Testament Books said. And there are still many, many Bible prophecies yet to come to pass written in The Old Testament Books, and often more detail that The New Testament Books do not give, which is why The New Testament Books quote the Old.

Matt 13:51-52
51 Jesus saith unto them, "Have ye understood all these things?" They say unto Him, "Yea, Lord."

52 Then said He unto them, "Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."

KJV

Reactions: Cassandra

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, right there with your mention of support for the OSAS doctrine of men shows us all about your state as a hypocrite. That idea is definitely a doctrine from demons. You need to study and heed Scripture like Hebrews 6, and Galatians 5. Only IF... we walk by The Spirit have we become dead to the law with being in Christ Jesus. It's because like Apostle Paul said there, walking by The Spirit means doing the good things of The Spirit of which there is no law against.

What your attitude actually shows is a lack of Bible study with most of your focus on The New Testament Books when even The New Testament Books constantly quote from The Old Testament Books, so you failed to go back and study what The Old Testament Books said. And there are still many, many Bible prophecies yet to come to pass written in The Old Testament Books, and often more detail that The New Testament Books do not give, which is why The New Testament Books quote the Old.

Matt 13:51-52
51 Jesus saith unto them, "Have ye understood all these things?" They say unto Him, "Yea, Lord."

52 Then said He unto them, "Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old."

KJV

LOL I hate the modern day definition and liberal lifestyle of some of those who believe in OSAS. I don't believe in that doctrine at all. BUT, I do believe in ASSURANCE where the Bible puts the responsibility on me. 2 Peter 1:5-11; 1 John 3:21-24. So Davy, don't worry about me; I haven't lost my way.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I hate the modern day definition and liberal lifestyle of some of those who believe in OSAS. I don't believe in that doctrine at all. BUT, I do believe in ASSURANCE where the Bible puts the responsibility on me. 2 Peter 1:5-11; 1 John 3:21-24. So Davy, don't worry about me; I haven't lost my way.
What is OSAS?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're in a pickle. For one thing, you will always sin UNTIL you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Then you will not be in the old carnal nature, but in the Spirit. And as you walk in the Spirit you will abide in Christ and He in you. Until then, get rid of believing in doctrines of demons and pray to God for the Truth, for the Truth shall set you free. John 8:32-36
What is doctrine of demons? I’ve been baptized at birth and believe in Christ, we as human beings in this Earth will always have humanly desires, it’s only natural it’s how God made us, straight and heterosexual, not that degenerate garbage such as bisexuals, trisexuals and transgender vermin. I fight against my carnal pleasures.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A carnal Christian is still being drawn by the Spirit, but they are not walking in the Spirit which is necessary. Read the next letter after this scathing first one.
From the scathing first one . . .

1 Corinthians 1:4-9 KJV
4) I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5) That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6) Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7) So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8) Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9) God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Which always reminds me,

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 KJV
23) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24) Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is OSAS?

Once saved, always saved. But it can be turned into a doctrine of demons for those who believe God chooses people and it doesn't matter how much they sin, they will always be saved.

Assurance can be had by those who consistently walk in the Spirit who leads you down the straight and narrow. I'll repeat the verses that teach the steps. 1 John 3:21-24; 2 Peter 1:2-11. On the last one I'm starting back a few verses to the beginning of my memory passage. Verses 2-4 are very important to know what grace is. It is not unmerited favor, but the divine power of God favored to us who repent and are given the faith of Jesus to keep His commandments as He indwells you and abides in you and you in Him.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is doctrine of demons? I’ve been baptized at birth and believe in Christ, we as human beings in this Earth will always have humanly desires, it’s only natural it’s how God made us, straight and heterosexual, not that degenerate garbage such as bisexuals, trisexuals and transgender vermin. I fight against my carnal pleasures.

Sorry, but from what you just said you believe, "we as human beings in this Earth will always have humanly desires," goes along with one of the doctrines of demons commonly taught. A doctrine of demons teaches you the opposite of what Christ taught. John 8:32-36; 1 John 3:4-9; 1 John 5:18. Jesus gives us His Spirit in order to become dead to sin, Romans 6:1-2 and 7; And Romans 8:1-9, especially verse 9. It is the Spirit that makes us born again with a DIVINE NATURE, not the old human nature that is so prone to sin.

I'm heterosexual and my natural human desire was to fornicate and commit adultery. In fact, I was in the middle of an affair with a married atheist Jew when after 30 years of going to church, I wanted to stop sinning and couldn't. I loved my sin too much. But I tried. I would break up with him, but it would only last 3 days, and I wanted him back. This went on month after month but only lasting three days. Finally, I just got absolutely honest with God and told Him that He was stronger than I obviously was, so for Him to intervene and make him break up with me, and then give him the strength to stay away from me when I would try to get him back. One week later, my lover came over and broke up with me. It was the first prayer in my entire life that had been answered. The whole story is in my testimony, but 2 weeks later I was born again and filled with God's Spirit. For 30 years I never had Him inside me; He only drew me from the outside - forever learning, but never coming to a knowledge of the truth until He gave me the mind of Christ. I literally felt a heaviness lift out of me - it was the old carnal human nature. I now had a spiritual nature, and from then on I was strong spiritually. I had the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God in me. I was born again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Once saved, always saved. But it can be turned into a doctrine of demons for those who believe God chooses people and it doesn't matter how much they sin, they will always be saved.

Assurance can be had by those who consistently walk in the Spirit who leads you down the straight and narrow. I'll repeat the verses that teach the steps. 1 John 3:21-24; 2 Peter 1:2-11. On the last one I'm starting back a few verses to the beginning of my memory passage. Verses 2-4 are very important to know what grace is. It is not unmerited favor, but the divine power of God favored to us who repent and are given the faith of Jesus to keep His commandments as He indwells you and abides in you and you in Him.
@1stCenturyLady "Once saved" = "once truly saved by God, through the work of the Spirit, by faith in the work of Christ".....