Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Jews keeping the ten commandments also requires the Jews to stone Jews for breaking any of the ten commandments?

The Jews stone Jews caught in adultery;

The Jews stone Jews for breaking the sabbath.

Does any one know off the top of their heads if Jews stone Jews for breaking any of the other ten commandments as well?

I am sure glad it is different for Christians under the New Covenant since heretics & sinning believers are excommunicated rather than executed.

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Corinthians 5:1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you...

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

When they repent, they should confess this before the whole church so the whole church knows he has repented to let him in for the fellowship again.

Anyway, I am curious to know if the keeping of the ten commandments also requires Jews to stone any Jew for breaking any of the ten commandments other than the obvious two that I am aware of?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooper

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i never understood the stoning people, it always seemed so harsh. why couldnt they just kick these people out of Judea?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does the Jews keeping the ten commandments also requires the Jews to stone Jews for breaking any of the ten commandments?

The Jews stone Jesus for breaking the sabbath.

Does any one know off the top of their heads if Jews stone Jews for breaking any of the other ten commandments as well?

I am sure glad it is different for Christians under the New Covenant since heretics & sinning believers are excommunicated rather than executed.

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Corinthians 5:1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you...

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

When they repent, they should confess this before the whole church so the whole church knows he has repented to let him in for the fellowship again.

Anyway, I am curious to know if the keeping of the ten commandments also requires Jews to stone any Jew for breaking any of the ten commandments other than the obvious two that I am aware of?
Stoning to death is not in the Ten Commandments but it is enshrined in their law. They used to bury the person to be stoned to death in an upright position with only their head above ground. They then pelted stones at the person's head, beginning with small pebbles and then larger stones until they were dead, probably breaking open the skull. Jesus told the Pharisees, they were of the devil. John 8:44.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stoning to death is not in the Ten Commandments but it is enshrined in their law. They used to bury the person to be stoned to death in an upright position with only their head above ground. They then pelted stones at the person's head, beginning with small pebbles and then larger stones until they were dead, probably breaking open the skull. Jesus told the Pharisees, they were of the devil. John 8:44.

God is who commanded the death penalty for commandment breaking in the law of Moses - the Pharisees didn’t invent that.

The penalty for homicide - being put to death by stoning:

Exo 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

The penalty for not honoring your mother and father: put to death by stoning:

Lev 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

The penalty for adultery: put to death by stoning:

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

The penalty for breaking the sabbath by doing any work, such as picking up sticks for kindling: put to death by stoning:

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is Holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth anywork therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

If the Ten Commands are still in effect, the penalty for breaking them is still in effect.

You can't have one without the other - the Decalogue and the penalty for breaking commands are part of the law of Moses.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is who commanded the death penalty for commandment breaking in the law of Moses - the Pharisees didn’t invent that.

The penalty for homicide - being put to death by stoning:

Exo 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

The penalty for not honoring your mother and father: put to death by stoning:

Lev 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

The penalty for adultery: put to death by stoning:

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

The penalty for breaking the sabbath by doing any work, such as picking up sticks for kindling: put to death by stoning:

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is Holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth anywork therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

If the Ten Commands are still in effect, the penalty for breaking them is still in effect.

You can't have one withOut the other - the Decalogue and the penalty for breaking commands are part of the law of Moses.

That is Judaism. They had a false LORD. The God I worship is Jesus in heaven, the Lord of the Sabbath. You know what he said regarding the woman taken in adultery, don't you. Did you read John 8:42-44? Take my advice and separate yourself from people who crucify an innocent man.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Judaism. They had a false LORD. The God I worship is Jesus in heaven, the Lord of the Sabbath. You know what he said regarding the woman taken in adultery, don't you. Did you read John 8:42-44? Take my advice and separate yourself from people who crucify an innocent man.
Jesus changed the law.

I have accurately stated that God gave the law to Moses with both the ten commands and the death penalty for breaking them.

You obviously have never read the Old Testament.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus changed the law.

I have accurately stated that God gave the law to Moses with both the ten commands and the death penalty for breaking them.

You obviously have never read the Old Testament.
Jesus, the unchanging God, changed Jewish law for good reason. By the way, I was schooled in the Old Testament and took exams in it. Please do not talk to me about sacrificing children to the god Moleck and the other horrendous things they did in the name of their LORD, you wouldn't like it. Yes, what you wrote was accurate, and it tells of a bloodthirsty people.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Jews stone Jesus for breaking the sabbath.

It does but that has been done away with, only the Muslims still keep that law that's in their book.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i never understood the stoning people, it always seemed so harsh. why couldnt they just kick these people out of Judea?

It's that way now for the New Covenant when dealing with a saved believer refusing to repent; they get excommunicated.

But for the Jews as God's Chosen People under the Old Covenant when it is on them to keep His laws? Death is an effective deterrent to keep others from following after them.

Course, when Israel had backslidden in going after other gods and idols, guess what had happened? They did not stone Jews for doing that at that time when it started and so that evil practice spreads until God had to judge the entire nation for sinning against Him.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess I am not fully understanding your comment altogether.

Are you saying that stoning to death is given by God for the Jews to do when any Jew is breaking the ten commandments or are you saying that the Jews added that commandment in their laws to stone any one breaking the Ten Commandments to kill them as being of the devil?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Judaism. They had a false LORD.

Is this your way of saying that Judaism is not from the Lord? Are you saying that Judaism is of the devil?

The God I worship is Jesus in heaven, the Lord of the Sabbath. You know what he said regarding the woman taken in adultery, don't you. Did you read John 8:42-44? Take my advice and separate yourself from people who crucify an innocent man.

@Robert Gwin This may interest you.

Our God did established the Old Covenant to prove we cannot save ourselves for why the new Covenant had to come where God saves us.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are you working for your salvation, Cooper? Or do you know that since you had believed in Jesus Christ, you are saved?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does but that has been done away with, only the Muslims still keep that law that's in their book.

I do wonder if there are cafeteria Muslims as there are cafeteria Catholics where they pick and choose what they want to believe from their theology.

I believe there are Muslims that turn a blind eye to the violence the Koran teaches as they cannot believe God would ask that from them to force Islam on every one.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do wonder if there are cafeteria Muslims as there are cafeteria Catholics where they pick and choose what they want to believe from their theology.

I believe there are Muslims that turn a blind eye to the violence the Koran teaches as they cannot believe God would ask that from them to force Islam on every one.
I’m sure some do turn a blind eye.

Reactions: Christ4Me

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’re still a sinner, we all are. Daily.
Except for those who by the power of the Holy Spirit have overcome as Jesus overcame. Why would you presume there are none like that? What is impossible for God?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for those who by the power of the Holy Spirit have overcome as Jesus overcame. Why would you presume there are none like that? What is impossible for God?

we all sin everyday. We cant stop it, even if you are saved. No matter how saved and flawless you are, the reality is we are all sinners till the day we die. Ever wonder why sanctification is progressive?? Because we are worse sinners than we can realize. If the Holy Spirit revealed to us all at once how sinful we really are, it would literally kill us. We read about this in Isaiah 6. Salvation doesnt stop your sinful ways, it just means you’re forgiven.