Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Old Testament law and you make my point for me. Neither Jesus nor the Father, remember, they are One God, would never want us to do anything resembling that. Jesus ended Jewish Law, it is not even His law, it in no way resembles the teaching of Jesus, it is Mosaic Law, the law of one nation and Jesus told them their god was the devil. John 8:42-44.

Jesus heals the broken hearted, Jewish law breaks hearts.
While I could make the case from the New Testament as well, the fact that you seem to believe that the God of the Old Testament is not the God of the New Testament suggests that there is nothing more to be gained by our continuing this exchange.

I believe they are the same God … the One And Only GOD.

Grace and Peace to you.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While I could make the case from the New Testament as well, the fact that you seem to believe that the God of the Old Testament is not the God of the New Testament suggests that there is nothing more to be gained by our continuing this exchange.

I believe they are the same God … the One And Only GOD.

Grace and Peace to you.
When you say they are the same God, after Jesus said the god of the Jews is the devil, you are making Jesus, who knows the Father, not only a liar but the devil as well. That is a double insult to the Almighty God, and probably blasphemous. The Old Testament is full of Jewish idolatry as you have shown.

Below is the false pagan god of the Israelites.
Jeremiah 7:21 Thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.

Ezekiel 20:40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the Lord Yahweh, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who performed the duty of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Yahweh:

This is what the true God says:
Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)

Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. (Deu 12:31 KJV)

Isaiah 1:11 NKJV "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.

1 Samuel 15:22 NKJV So Samuel said: "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed, is than the fat of rams.

Psa 40:5-6 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

The god of the Jews requires animal sacrifice, the true God requires that we make a sacrifice of our heart.

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say they are the same God, after Jesus said the god of the Jews is the devil, you are making Jesus, who knows the Father, not only a liar but the devil as well. That is a double insult to the Almighty God, and probably blasphemous. The Old Testament is full of Jewish idolatry as you have shown.
That’s what I love about this site … no shortage of heretics.

OK, so the God that gave the Law to Moses and the Father that Jesus prayed to are two, completely different Gods (and the God of Moses is “the devil”) … that’s your official position.

God bless you.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s what I love about this site … no shortage of heretics.

OK, so the God that gave the Law to Moses and the Father that Jesus prayed to are two, completely different Gods (and the God of Moses is “the devil”) … that’s your official position.

God bless you.
God was always with the Israelites, but after 400 years, they continued to worship the gods they had worshipped in Egypt.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Jews keeping the ten commandments also requires the Jews to stone Jews for breaking any of the ten commandments?

The Jews stone Jews caught in adultery;

The Jews stone Jews for breaking the sabbath.

Does any one know off the top of their heads if Jews stone Jews for breaking any of the other ten commandments as well?

I am sure glad it is different for Christians under the New Covenant since heretics & sinning believers are excommunicated rather than executed.

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Corinthians 5:1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you...

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

When they repent, they should confess this before the whole church so the whole church knows he has repented to let him in for the fellowship again.

Anyway, I am curious to know if the keeping of the ten commandments also requires Jews to stone any Jew for breaking any of the ten commandments other than the obvious two that I am aware of?
I don't remember anything in the Bible suggesting a stoning for breaking one of the Ten Commandments.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember anything in the Bible suggesting a stoning for breaking one of the Ten Commandments.
All of the Laws in Exodus and Leviticus and Numbers and Deuteronomy that carry a punishment of “shall be put to death” are violations of the Ten Commandments: Blasphemy/worshiping other gods, murder, dishonoring parents, adultery/sexual perversion.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the Laws in Exodus and Leviticus and Numbers and Deuteronomy that carry a punishment of “shall be put to death” are violations of the Ten Commandments: Blasphemy/worshiping other gods, murder, dishonoring parents, adultery/sexual perversion.
But where does it say that if you break any one of them, you must be put to death?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But where does it say that if you break any one of them, you must be put to death?
It doesn’t.
The penalty for MURDER is DEATH.
The penalty for STEALING is not DEATH.
So there is no “ONE PENALTY” that covers all 10 Commandments (except for the Spiritual Penalty that all sin is sin and carries the “wage” of spiritual death - Adam just ate a fruit.).

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t.
The penalty for MURDER is DEATH.
The penalty for STEALING is not DEATH.
So there is no “ONE PENALTY” that covers all 10 Commandments (except for the Spiritual Penalty that all sin is sin and carries the “wage” of spiritual death - Adam just ate a fruit.).
Yes, a clear conscience brings peace, so any sin robs us of that, but I don't think we are to be put to death for coveting our neighbor's lawn mower.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do not remember how they almost stoned that woman caught in adultery in front of Jesus?

Numbers 15:31 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him. 32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

That was the purpose of the thread in asking if this was so for all of His 10 commandments. It looks that way.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not remember how they almost stoned that woman caught in adultery in front of Jesus?

Numbers 15:31 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him. 32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

That was the purpose of the thread in asking if this was so for all of His 10 commandments. It looks that way.
I didn't word my statement correctly. I should have said:

I don't remember anything in the Bible suggesting a stoning for breaking ANY one of the Ten Commandments.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If it doesn't state it plainly in Exodus or Deuteronomy when discussing the 10 Commandments, then it is man-made Pharisaical Law to stone people for breaking those Commandments.

And that would make sense why Jesus opposed it. He who has no sin at all, is free to throw the first stone.

In God's (Jesus') eyes, that is no man.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it doesn't state it plainly in Exodus or Deuteronomy when discussing the 10 Commandments, then it is man-made Pharisaical Law to stone people for breaking those Commandments.

And that would make sense why Jesus opposed it. He who has no sin at all, is free to throw the first stone.

In God's (Jesus') eyes, that is no man.

I do not believe it was a man-made Pharisaical Law to stone people. Scripture testify of this truth as being from the Lord.

Under the Old Covenant when it is on the Jews to keep the commandments to not only to save themselves, but in being His people, scripture does seem to impress upon us that the Lord sees the penalty of death on those who break His commandments.

Reactions: atpollard

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no need to focus on personalities on these forums.
I don't think you're following the conversation.
Someone who had "Christian" as their faith posted on their profile has repeatedly stated they are not Christian. And they are not saved.

Therefore, the subject in this exclusive forum is not there for them to debate because this forum is exclusively for Christians.
And now they've altered their profile to state their belief is a faith other than Christian.

This subject is being discussed. By and among Christians.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Someone who had "Christian" as their faith posted on their profile has repeatedly stated they are not Christian. And they are not saved.
I believe this person is simply confused. He is probably saved but can't seem to understand the basis of salvation. Only God knows.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you're following the conversation.

And yet that one member is defending Calvin's teachings in Christianity only because he cannot understand why he is still sinning. He expected deliverance as some do testify of immediate deliverance from alcohol, drugs, and other habitual self destructing sins, but he is obviously unaware that other addicts are experiencing day by day deliverance by confessing their sins and putting down the cause for that sin to stop continuing in them in that day. He does not accept that Jesus will eventually help a sin addict overcome it where they are not sinning, and yet still need Him to keep them from it daily as Paul did.

Therefore, the subject in this exclusive forum is not there for them to debate because this forum is exclusively for Christians.
And now they've altered their profile to state their belief is a faith other than Christian.

This subject is being discussed. By and among Christians.

There are Catholics that adhere to the Catholic catechism for why they believe they are not saved yet but there are some Catholics that believe they are saved since they had believed in Him even though they are still attending that Catholic Church.

When professing believers are having trouble or short-sighted in representing Him & the Good News to man, is why we should pray for them that God will help them apply what they do know to be true to their shortcomings so that their light as in their hope may be seen in their walk with Him be it relying on Him all he time to keep them from their sins as well as help to leave the catholic Church so others can see their faith in Jesus Christ that they are saved for simply believing in Him and being a member of the Catholic Church has nothing to do with it les they deny Jesus as the God that saves.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this person is simply confused. He is probably saved but can't seem to understand the basis of salvation. Only God knows.
I don't believe their saved. I take them at their word. And you're right, only God knows. However, if God, who gives us faith and the grace of Salvation did save them, they'd not be confused. And I believe they wouldn't have labored to push against the Gospel as much as they did. Because in my experience, personally and in community with other sisters and brothers, those of us who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit don't insult the Holy Spirit by laboring to lead people away from the word that is God. Whereas the one of whom we speak did just that.