Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we all sin everyday. We cant stop it, even if you are saved. No matter how saved and flawless you are, the reality is we are all sinners till the day we die. Ever wonder why sanctification is progressive?? Because we are worse sinners than we can realize. If the Holy Spirit revealed to us all at once how sinful we really are, it would literally kill us. We read about this in Isaiah 6. Salvation doesnt stop your sinful ways, it just means you’re forgiven.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Those who continue to live in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh without resisting, will be left behind to die, but their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting for their resurrection after the great tribulation in becoming vessels unto dishonor in his House.

Think of them as the prodigal son that gave up his inheritance for wild living; he missed out on the rapture but he is still son.

That is what discipleship is all about, living a life of repentance by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight ( provision for the flesh ) and sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

If you are trying to follow Him by doing the best you can by keeping a commitment or a promise, then ask Jesus to forgive you and set you free to rest in Him and His commitment to you that He will help you to follow Him. You may find Him leading you away from temptations and helping you cast down wicked thoughts to think on good things better than you would have done by doing the best you can. So trust Him for everything today that you are saved and that He will help you look to Him daily to lay aside every weight & sin in walking in the light with Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we all sin everyday. We cant stop it, even if you are saved. No matter how saved and flawless you are, the reality is we are all sinners till the day we die. Ever wonder why sanctification is progressive?? Because we are worse sinners than we can realize. If the Holy Spirit revealed to us all at once how sinful we really are, it would literally kill us. We read about this in Isaiah 6. Salvation doesnt stop your sinful ways, it just means you’re forgiven.
To me it seems that where you and many stand on this is manifesting a negative faith hindering your own progress toward God.

"According to your faith be it unto you!"

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Those who continue to live in sin by sowing to the works of the flesh without resisting, will be left behind to die, but their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting for their resurrection after the great tribulation in becoming vessels unto dishonor in his House.

Think of them as the prodigal son that gave up his inheritance for wild living; he missed out on the rapture but he is still son.

see??? This is that nonsense i keep talking about. If you do those things paul listed, you arent getting into Heaven. Why is this so hard to understand??? Easy believism is just wide open on this forum.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does any one know off the top of their heads if Jews stone Jews for breaking any of the other ten commandments as well?
Not really, but then it is not such a bad idea either. After all it is in the Law of Moses.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it seems that where you and many stand on this is manifesting a negative faith hindering your own progress toward God.

"According to your faith be it unto you!"

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

so you’re another one of those “ i dont sin no more” people??? This is absurd.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I am not fully understanding your comment altogether.

Are you saying that stoning to death is given by God for the Jews to do when any Jew is breaking the ten commandments or are you saying that the Jews added that commandment in their laws to stone any one breaking the Ten Commandments to kill them as being of the devil?
I am saying that the creator is the giver of life and death, and it is not for us to take another person's life. We are not God. The mass slaughter of their cousins carried out by Moses in the name of their god is satanic. Moses gave the spoils of war, the gold they took, to the LORD. What does the Almighty want with silver and gold and how would they give our heavenly Father earthly goods? They had their own god who they called LORD, the same as they called the golden calf LORD. The god of the Jews, is a ONE nation god, and not the Saviour of the world. The 613 Mitzvot laws, are traditionally said to have been handed down from Moses, not God, who for example made graven images, the seraphim and cherubim and he bowed down to them. Jesus was clear about who their god was, and said so to their face in John 8:42-44. Anyone who practises Judaism needs to get out as quick as they can and follow Jesus the Saviour of the world all the days of their life. Judaism is a works-based religion, while salvation is a gift of God to the humble of heart.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see??? This is that nonsense i keep talking about. If you do those things paul listed, you arent getting into Heaven. Why is this so hard to understand??? Easy believism is just wide open on this forum.

That is what discipleship is all about, living a life of repentance by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight ( provision for the flesh ) and sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

If you run that race to obtain salvation, then you are denying Him that you are saved when you are, and risk Him denying you to attend the Marriage Supper above.

That is why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, that got left behind, because they will testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Him, even in His name.

We have been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ and we are to live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by looking to Him daily to help us lays aside every weight & sin as we walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to be fruitful as His disciples so that our joy may be full.

Believe in Him that you are saved since having believed in Him at the calling of the gospel and believe in Him as your Good Shepherd & Friend since He is in you and with you always to help you to follow Him in thought, word, and deed. in every moment, daily.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that the creator is the giver of life and death, and it is not for us to take another person's life. We are not God. The mass slaughter of their cousins carried out by Moses in the name of their god is satanic. Moses gave the spoils of war, the gold they took, to the LORD. What does the Almighty want with silver and gold and how would they give our heavenly Father earthly goods? They had their own god who they called LORD, the same as they called the golden calf LORD. The god of the Jews, is a ONE nation god, and not the Saviour of the world. The 613 Mitzvot laws, are traditionally said to have been handed down from Moses, not God, who for example made graven images, the seraphim and cherubim and he bowed down to them. Jesus was clear about who their god was, and said so to their face in John 8:42-44. Anyone who practises Judaism needs to get out as quick as they can and follow Jesus the Saviour of the world all the days of their life. Judaism is a works-based religion, while salvation is a gift of God to the humble of heart.

Did you read my reply to you in post #14? Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's still God's Old Covenant for why God has made the New Covenant. Reread post #14 again because the scriptures testify to this truth.

It is too long and I cannot be bothered. I know we are in a new convanant and this is why we do not need Judaism.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Put it simply. What is your main point?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is too long and I cannot be bothered. I know we are in a new convanant and this is why we do not need Judaism.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Put it simply. What is your main point?

The devil was not behind the Old Covenant as being the initiator of it. God was.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you run that race to obtain salvation, then you are denying Him that you are saved when you are, and risk Him denying you to attend the Marriage Supper above.

That is why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, that got left behind, because they will testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Him, even in His name.

We have been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ and we are to live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by looking to Him daily to help us lays aside every weight & sin as we walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to be fruitful as His disciples so that our joy may be full.

Believe in Him that you are saved since having believed in Him at the calling of the gospel and believe in Him as your Good Shepherd & Friend since He is in you and with you always to help you to follow Him in thought, word, and deed. in every moment, daily.

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
You’re wrong x 8, since its 8:30 here.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The devil was not behind the Old Covenant as being the initiator of it. God was.
Jesus was there all the way through, from taking them out of Egypt, over the River Jorden and as soon as they got safely to the other side, they made a golden calf they called Lord. It wasn't God, it was the people who turned away from God, so what did God do? God came to his own in the form of man and they crucified him. Why did they crucify the Redeemer? Because they were servants of the devil.

And Jesus told them so in John 8:42-44 so don't argue. And you know what! They killed God's prophets, they killed the apostles, read Foxe's book of martyrs, it might be online, and they killed Isiaiah by sawing him in half. Dreadful. And people come on here proselytizing. Trying to convert Christians to Jewdaism.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of Fox's Book Of Martyrs, by Unknown.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this your way of saying that Judaism is not from the Lord? Are you saying that Judaism is of the devil?

@Robert Gwin This may interest you.

Our God did established the Old Covenant to prove we cannot save ourselves for why the new Covenant had to come where God saves us.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are you working for your salvation, Cooper? Or do you know that since you had believed in Jesus Christ, you are saved?

Very true Chris, the law was a tutor leading to the Christ, as not one of us could save ourselves by living the law perfectly. In all human history only one individual was able to do it, and he was executed because of it.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was there all the way through, from taking them out of Egypt, over the River Jorden and as soon as they got safely to the other side, they made a golden calf they called Lord. It wasn't God, it was the people who turned away from God, so what did God do? God came to his own in the form of man and they crucified him. Why did they crucify the Redeemer? Because they were servants of the devil.

And Jesus told them so in John 8:42-44 so don't argue. And you know what! They killed God's prophets, they killed the apostles, read Foxe's book of martyrs, it might be online, and they killed Isiaiah by sawing him in half. Dreadful. And people come on here proselytizing. Trying to convert Christians to Jewdaism.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of Fox's Book Of Martyrs, by Unknown.

Just asking for clarity about your stance about Judaism seemingly being of the devil when it wasn't.

Just because they were Jews, it didn't mean they were following Him per under the Old Covenant.