Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I was saved by. Christ obedience Rom 5:19
If you skipped Acts 2:38 to attempt to find another way to be saved, it is likely you tried robbing the saints postal carrier and read their confirmation mail(epistles).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a one string banjo. Salvation by water baptism plink, plink... :rolleyes:

Acts 16:30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." Plain and simple.
You skipped Acts 2:38 again...bad habit.

Even the jailer and his family were immediately baptized in the name of Jesus to be saved.

You omitted the next verse.

Very naughty.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you skipped Acts 2:38 to attempt to find another way to be saved, it is likely you tried robbing the saints postal carrier and read their confirmation mail(epistles).
Yeah, I am saved by Christs obedience of One Rom 5:19 I didnt need Acts 2:38 to get saved, neither did anyone else Christ died for !

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I am saved by Christs obedience of One Rom 5:19 I didnt need Acts 2:38 to get saved, neither did anyone else Christ died for !

Luke 6
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
[47] Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
[48] He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
[49] But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
[47] Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
[48] He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
[49] But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Ok, Im still saved by the obedience of Christ Rom 5:19 it made me righteous/saved !

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You skipped Acts 2:38 again...bad habit.
Never skipped it from the start and after properly harmonizing scripture with scripture we see that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony* All you do is read Acts 2:38, then skip the rest. For the umpteenth time, in Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. In Acts 3:19, we read - Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. *What happened to baptism?

Even the jailer and his family were immediately baptized in the name of Jesus to be saved.
They were baptized "after" they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and were saved. *Also see Acts 11:17 - If therefore God gave them the same gift (Holy Spirit) as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, (BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:43-47) who was I that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance unto life."

You omitted the next verse.
That the Philippian jailor and his family were water baptized "after" they believed and were saved (Acts 16:31-34) still does not change the fact that Paul and Silas said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved" and not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and get water baptized and you will be saved. Let me know when you are ready to BELIEVE.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, Im still saved by the obedience of Christ Rom 5:19 it made me righteous/saved !

1 John 2
[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
It appears that the Apostle Peter was a liar, the truth was not in him and did not keep the commandments and stood condemned.

Galatians 2:11-21
When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 “We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith ind]">[d] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

17 “But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

1 John 3:9- No one who practices sin is born of God. Peter above practiced sin and was also a stumbling block to Barnabas.

hope this helps !!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never skipped it from the start and after properly harmonizing scripture with scripture we see that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony* All you do is read Acts 2:38, then skip the rest. For the umpteenth time, in Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. In Acts 3:19, we read - Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. *What happened to baptism?

They were baptized "after" they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and were saved. *Also see Acts 11:17 - If therefore God gave them the same gift (Holy Spirit) as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, (BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:43-47) who was I that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance unto life."

That the Philippian jailor and his family were water baptized "after" they believed and were saved (Acts 16:31-34) still does not change the fact that Paul and Silas said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved" and not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and get water baptized and you will be saved. Let me know when you are ready to BELIEVE.
It all started with Acts 2:38, which you bypassed, then circled around back to do away with it.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that the Apostle Peter was a liar, the truth was not in him and did not keep the commandments and stood condemned.

The apostle John considered Peter to be a fellow Saint and a brother, but you call him a sinner. Who should we believe?

1 Peter 1
[14] As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
[15] But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Peter 2
[1] Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
[2] As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2
Okay, I am still saved by the obedience of Christ, made righteous, therefore counted as having kept Gods commandments.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle John considered Peter to be a fellow Saint and a brother, but you call him a sinner. Who should we believe?

1 Peter 1
[14] As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
[15] But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Peter 2
[1] Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
[2] As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
you are avoiding the SIN issue like the plague which contradicts your 1 John passages.

So either one who practices sin can be forgiven or they can't. Which is it ?

you are walking the tight rope on this I wonder why ?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are avoiding the SIN issue like the plague which contradicts your 1 John passages.

So either one who practices sin can be forgiven or they can't. Which is it ?

You appear to be looking for a loophole to cover your sin, but sinners won't inherit the Kingdom of God as it is written of them. It's the Saints who go marching in.

Romans 6
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to be looking for a loophole to cover your sin, but sinners won't inherit the Kingdom of God as it is written of them. It's the Saints who go marching in.

Romans 6
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
My sins were covered by Christs blood Ps 32:
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6
This has nothing to do with my sin or lack of sin. We are discussing Peters sin which you keep running away from and will not address his sin in light of the 1 John passages which you quoted.

So lets stay on point with Peters practicing sin in scripture of hypocrisy and John saying one who practices sin is not of God.

So did Peter lose his salvation while sinning ?

If not why not ?

And why is it ok for Peter to practice sin and be saved and no one else can practice sin and be saved ?

So since you are not a OSAS Peter must of lost his salvation while sinning.

Reactions: brightfame52

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like some are playing dodge ball with the bible which contradicts their false doctrines.