Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with my sin or lack of sin. We are discussing Peters sin which you keep running away from and will not address his sin in light of the 1 John passages which you quoted.

So lets stay on point with Peters practicing sin in scripture of hypocrisy and John saying one who practices sin is not of God.

So did Peter lose his salvation while sinning ?

If not why not ?

And why is it ok for Peter to practice sin and be saved and no one else can practice sin and be saved ?

So since you are not a OSAS Peter must of lost his salvation while sinning.

Again, you appear to be trying to pin sin on Peter so you can feel justified in your own sin when the Scriptures clearly teach that we are to be servants of righteousness, not sin.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you appear to be trying to pin sin on Peter so you can feel justified in your own sin when the Scriptures clearly teach that we are to be servants of righteousness, not sin.
strawman.

Lets discuss the BIBLE and Peters sin in scripture and Paul rebuking him in front of all the Apostles and those gentiles he was FORCING into being hypocrites and causing Barnabas to stumble. Now back to the bible which you keep avoiding for some reason.

Galatians 2:11-16

When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[d] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all started with Acts 2:38, which you bypassed, then circled around back to do away with it.
Typical strawman argument. I already thoroughly explained Acts 2:38 to you multiple times and properly harmonized Scripture with Scripture before reaching my conclusion on doctrine, but unfortunately, you are unable to see anything beyond your church of Christ (Campbellism) indoctrination. :(

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are servants of righteousness. They believe unto righteousness, God has given them Righteousness as a free Gift Rom 5 17

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My salvation depended on Jesus Christ obedience Rom 5 19. He didn't skip anything did He ?
You quoted the saints' affirmation letters.

You must go through Acts 2:38 to qualify as a saint and apply the letter of Ephesians.

Sinners are not qualified to apply the saints' letters, only previously, born again saints.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted the saints' affirmation letters.

You must go through Acts 2:38 to qualify as a saint and apply the letter of Ephesians.

Sinners are not qualified to apply the saints' letters, only previously, born again saints.
You lost me, dont know what you talking about. Did you understand what I said about Rom 5 19

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical strawman argument. I already thoroughly explained Acts 2:38 to you multiple times and properly harmonized Scripture with Scripture before reaching my conclusion on doctrine, but unfortunately, you are unable to see anything beyond your church of Christ (Campbellism) indoctrination. :(
You did away with Acts 2:38.

The proof is you don't obey it.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strawman.

Lets discuss the BIBLE and Peters sin in scripture and Paul rebuking him in front of all the Apostles and those gentiles he was FORCING into being hypocrites and causing Barnabas to stumble. Now back to the bible which you keep avoiding for some reason.

You're causing many to stumble by promoting a doctrine that excuses sin.

Now back to the bible which you keep avoiding for some reason.

You're just trying to focus on one Scripture while dismissing the overwhelming Scriptures that teach us to put away the works of the flesh and to go and sin no more.

Colossians 3
[5] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
[6] For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
[7] In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're just trying to focus on one Scripture while dismissing the overwhelming Scriptures that teach us to put away the works of the flesh and to go and sin no more.

Colossians 3
[5] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
[6] For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Which one of those sins do you need to mortify ? None of them ? lol

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the 70s I use to teach that false doctrine that you had to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins based on Acts 2:28. God delivered me from it, and I was very adamant about it. I preached at Baptist churches and told them that being baptized in the name of Father, Son and Holy Ghost was absolutely incorrect ! I just Thank God He showed me the truth and enlighten me, without that it would have been a lost cause, I know from experience !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 3
why do you keep running away from Peters continual sin of hypocrisy and not addressing it ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

Actually, the more accurate translation of that is that "he was to be blamed." (in the kjv).

In John 5:24 (kjv) we find that those who hear Jesus' words and believe in Him who sent Him shall not come into condemnation.

So then, your translation has translated it in a faulty manner.

Also, Peter was only to be blamed over the fact that he was not substantiating the gospel to the Gentiles that Paul was preaching. However, Paul himself, gave doctrine in Romans 14:1-15:1 and in 1 Corinthians 8, that Peter was justified in Galatians 2 for following. I contend that Peter was being obedient to these principles of scripture in that he was sensitive to the consciences of the Jewish people who had come into the situation.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the more accurate translation of that is that "he was to be blamed." (in the kjv).

In John 5:24 (kjv) we find that those who hear Jesus' words and believe in Him who sent Him shall not come into condemnation.

So then, your translation has translated it in a faulty manner.

Also, Peter was only to be blamed over the fact that he was not substantiating the gospel to the Gentiles that Paul was preaching. However, Paul himself, gave doctrine in Romans 14:1-15:1 and in 1 Corinthians 8, that Peter was justified in Galatians 2 for following. I contend that Peter was being obedient to these principles of scripture in that he was sensitive to the consciences of the Jewish people who had come into the situation.

No the accurate translation is CONDEMN, see below.

Original Word: καταγινώσκω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: kataginóskó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ag-in-o'-sko)
Definition: to blame
Usage: I condemn, blame.
HELPS Word-studies
2607 kataginṓskō (from 2596 /katá, "according to, down to," intensifying 1097 /ginṓskō, "know experientially") – properly, to find as decisively guilty and on the basis of direct, personal acquaintance; specifically condemn by having a first-hand awareness of the facts; to charge as guilty with specific (pointed) facts.

Galatians 2:11 V-RPM/P-NMS
GRK: ἀντέστην ὅτι κατεγνωσμένος ἦν
NAS: because he stood condemned.
KJV: because he was to be blamed.
INT: I opposed because to be condemned he was

1 John 3:20 V-PSA-3S
GRK: ὅτι ἐὰν καταγινώσκῃ ἡμῶν ἡ
NAS: our heart condemns us; for God
KJV: our heart condemn us, God
INT: that if should condemn our

1 John 3:21 V-PSA-3S
GRK: ἡμῶν μὴ καταγινώσκῃ παρρησίαν ἔχομεν
NAS: our heart does not condemn us, we have
KJV: our heart condemn us not,
INT: of us not should condemn boldness we have

Looks like the KJV mistranslated it in Gal 2:11.

Thayers
Galatians 2:11; to accuse, condemn: τίνος, any one, 1 John 3:20f,

hope this helps !!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPS Word-studies
2607 kataginṓskō (from 2596 /katá, "according to, down to," intensifying 1097 /ginṓskō, "know experientially") – properly, to find as decisively guilty and on the basis of direct, personal acquaintance; specifically condemn by having a first-hand awareness of the facts; to charge as guilty with specific (pointed) facts.

hope this helps !!!
It looks like some modernist seminarian cooked up a bunch of redefinitions to me.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The correct translation is in the KJV.
no because they translated in the other places it is used as condemn yet took the liberty to translate it blame in Gal 2. Its the same word which the other translations being consistent every time with condemn. Its the KJV with the bias. They are wrong in this case.

@justbyfaith has it wrong and was using the wrong word condemn in his post. The Gal 2 verse is only used in 2 other places in the N.T. See below which is in 1 John 3:20-21:

see the red above in the KJV, its inconsistent.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the accurate translation is CONDEMN, see below.

HELPS Word-studies

Thayers
Galatians 2:11; to accuse, condemn: τίνος, any one, 1 John 3:20f,

hope this helps !!!
Then there is a contradiction between that and John 5:24 (kjv).

If you translate John 5:24 as the nkjv and other watered-down translations do, translating it as "shall not come into judgment" then it is in contradiction to 2 Corinthians 5:10....which tells us that believers shall indeed be judged.

John 5:24 (kjv) is accurate to the rest of holy scripture, therefore, when it is translated as "shall not come into condemnation" it substantiates the idea that Peter did not ever "stand condemned" as your translations translate it in Galatians 2, but that rather he merely "was to be blamed".

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no because they translated in the other places it is used as condemn yet took the liberty to translate it blame in Gal 2. Its the same word which the other translations being consistent every time with condemn. Its the KJV with the bias. They are wrong in this case.

@justbyfaith has it wrong and was using the wrong word condemn in his post. The Gal 2 verse is only used in 2 other places in the N.T. See below which is in 1 John 3:20-21:

hope this helps !!!
Wow cool...they all say something different.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there is a contradiction between that and John 5:24 (kjv).

If you translate John 5:24 as the nkjv and other watered-down translations do, translating it as "shall not come into judgment" then it is in contradiction to 2 Corinthians 5:10....which tells us that believers shall indeed be judged.

John 5:24 (kjv) is accurate to the rest of holy scripture, therefore, when it is translated as "shall not come into condemnation" it substantiates the idea that Peter did not ever "stand condemned" as your translations translate it in Galatians 2, but that rather he merely "was to be blamed".
different word