Does anyone else feel new growth of Fruit lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

These are the last days of the earth as we know it. To me it feels like Jesus is maturing me double time. The forums have a way of testing us on how we respond to others, and I have been surprised that the old sarcastic self no longer raises its ugly head. Jesus changed me without me lifting a finger. It is all Him. Does anyone else feel the supernatural growth of the fruit of the Spirit happening in them lately?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 12:
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

These are the last days of the earth as we know it. To me it feels like Jesus is maturing me double time. The forums have a way of testing us on how we respond to others, and I have been surprised that the old sarcastic self no longer raises its ugly head. Jesus changed me without me lifting a finger. It is all Him. Does anyone else feel the supernatural growth of the fruit of the Spirit happening in them lately?
Absolutely!!..of course it’s all of him...I can’t walk away or ignore...it’s him in me ignoring and walking away...it’s all in his timing.....he never stops growing us imo, he’s at work in us constantly.

Praise God ....

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely!!..of course it’s all of him...I can’t walk away or ignore...it’s him in me ignoring and walking away...it’s all in his timing.....he never stops growing us imo, he’s at work in us constantly.

Praise God ....
Yes, He always has; I'm just feeling it more these days. What I'm saying is He seems to be putting the finishing touches on me, like I'm going to die soon so He's polishing me up!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, He always has; I'm just feeling it more these days. What I'm saying is He seems to be putting the finishing touches on me, like I'm going to die soon so He's polishing me up!
Wow!!...is that what you believe?

I do understand what you are saying though....he’s perfecting you in Jesus?

In the scriptures, perfect means “complete, whole, and fully developed; totally righteous. … True followers of Christ may become perfect through his grace and atonement.” Elder Russell M.

• Love

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say any believer is continually growing in Christ. I went through many trials last year and I think it made me a better person since God used those things to grow me. I believe those things did accelerate where I am as a person and if they had not happened, I doubt I would have grown as much.

Pruning is directly related to growing which sometimes involves the Lord taking things out of our lives or showing us what is more important, and maybe just putting us in a place where all we can do is look up.

Of course if we loose sight we can fall back off the wagon again, so I think it's important to remain steadfast. I don't necessarily want to be pruned again.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:

Hello 1stCenturyLady, and how are you all? Interesting, I was just having the same thought, but mentioning to someone some things that I had in mind concerning the Kingdom, and it's soon coming.

Love, Walter

• Love

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Patience.

Im not usually
That was one of my shortcomings. Years ago my husband bought me a cup with the words, 'Grant me patience Lord but hurry' written on it. But I have to say I do notice that I'm bearing more fruit in that area now even if it isn't yet fully ripe.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Jesus has produced his fruit in me...it finally broke through...I’ve been walking in faith for many years, waiting for him to produce his fruit in me....

I’ve waited so long for this and because it’s Jesus fruit...it can’t be taken away....imo anyway, others may not agree....xx.

Reactions: MA2444 and Pearl

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was one of my shortcomings. Years ago my husband bought me a cup with the words, 'Grant me patience Lord but hurry' written on it. But I have to say I do notice that I'm bearing more fruit in that area now even if it isn't yet fully ripe.
Grant me patience Lord but hurry...that was what made me react to your post..LOL....= Laugh out loud....my patience has improved Praise God,xx

• Love
Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters got cups bought for them at the same time, one said 'Eat Drink and be quiet'. and the other said, 'I finally got it all together but I forgot where I put it.' Both were appropriate at the time.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Grant me patience Lord but hurry...that was what made me react to your post..LOL....= Laugh out loud....my patience has improved Praise God,xx
He's still working on me but I can sit still longer now and keep my mouth closed longer or even all together sometimes.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He's still working on me but I can sit still longer now and keep my mouth closed longer or even all together sometimes.
He’s still working on me as well, Sis...I was the biggest mouth woman in the neighbourhood.
In fact many used to cross the road when they saw me....I was always craving for an argument, don’t that sound awful, but it’s true....the reason being I believe I was controlled for many, many years and bullied..the n the worm turned, trouble was, I turned on innocent people as well...anyway that’s long in the past now, Praise God!
Only God has been able to tame this old bird!..hehehe,xxx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed in bunches of grapes that sometimes all the fruit are not exactly the same size; sometime there are hidden ones that are much smaller than the others and less ripe. I think our Christian Fruit of the Spirit is a bit like those grapes. Some fully grown and ripe whilst others less mature.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He’s still working on me as well, Sis...I was the biggest mouth woman in the neighbourhood.
In fact many used to cross the road when they saw me....I was always craving for an argument, don’t that sound awful, but it’s true....the reason being I believe I was controlled for many, many years and bullied..the n the worm turned, trouble was, I turned on innocent people as well...anyway that’s long in the past now, Praise God!
Only God has been able to tame this old bird!..hehehe,xxx
It takes a very long time for all that fruit to ripen and mature but it's well worth waiting for. It is so wonderful how God changes our lives. My sister used to tell me a leopard can't change its spots - no it can't but God can and does.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It takes a very long time for all that fruit to ripen and mature but it's well worth waiting for. It is so wonderful how God changes our lives. My sister used to tell me a leopard can't change its spots - no it can't but God can and does.
Amen!!!..xxx