Does God Care?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does God involve Himself in our lives?
Does He care?
We regularly and readily admit that He loves and cares for others, and works on their behalf, but are we reluctant to believe that He does the same for us?
Does God play favorites?
Are others better than us so they are rewarded greater?
The answers to the above 4 questions are yes, yes, yes, no, no.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Matthew 7:7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Why do we hesitate in calling upon our Father? What really are we afraid of? Why do we not trust in the above promises? Did Jesus lie when He revealed His Father's love? Was Paul lying?
Know this, and never forget. Nothing we have ever done, said, thought, or intended to do, has changed, altered, lessened, or made any impact whatsoever on God's attitude toward us. GOD IS LOVE!!!! Period! It is His nature to love. He cannot do anything else!!!! Nothing can change His nature. Not even the vilest of sin can change God's love for us.
But sin does change our attitude toward Him. It makes us fearful. We begin to doubt His love. And we start dressing ourselves with fig leaves to cover our shame. But God can see through our charade, and LOVES US ANYWAY.
If you want a change in your life, come to Him. He can be trusted with your life, after all, He was the one who created it. He can fix it.
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
You do not need a mediator between yourself and the only true Mediator between God and man... Jesus. You don't need 'holy' people. You don't need priests. You don't need anyone else to approach God on your behalf. God has promised to respond to you. Personally, intimately, with love, patience, understanding, and sympathy. If you had been living in Palestine while Jesus walked those roads and you cried out in your desperation and in need of salvation and healing that no other could give, Jesus would have heard you, and said, "what can I do for you?", and He's still listening today for the cries of those in need. You can trust Him.

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His nature to love. He cannot do anything else!!!! Nothing can change His nature. Not even the vilest of sin can change God's love for us.
Methinks you may be isolating promises and using them out of context. Is God only LOVE? You posted nothing about His judgement on unrepentant sinners. If God is only love, why then will there be a GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT after the Millennium?

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

- 2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has taken good care of me thru out my life. I have encountered tribulations but he made up for it afterwards. I believe he loves and cares for his children. He chooses who his children are though. So perhaps we should pray that he will accept us and others to be his children.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does He care?
We regularly and readily admit that He loves and cares for others, and works on their behalf, but are we reluctant to believe that He does the same for us?
Does God play favorites?

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Matthew 7:7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Why do we hesitate in calling upon our Father? What really are we afraid of? Why do we not trust in the above promises? Did Jesus lie when He revealed His Father's love? Was Paul lying?
Know this, and never forget. Nothing we have ever done, said, thought, or intended to do, has changed, altered, lessened, or made any impact whatsoever on God's attitude toward us. GOD IS LOVE!!!! Period! It is His nature to love. He cannot do anything else!!!! Nothing can change His nature. Not even the vilest of sin can change God's love for us.
But sin does change our attitude toward Him. It makes us fearful. We begin to doubt His love. And we start dressing ourselves with fig leaves to cover our shame. But God can see through our charade, and LOVES US ANYWAY.
If you want a change in your life, come to Him. He can be trusted with your life, after all, He was the one who created it. He can fix it.
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
You do not need a mediator between yourself and the only true Mediator between God and man... Jesus. You don't need 'holy' people. You don't need priests. You don't need anyone else to approach God on your behalf. God has promised to respond to you. Personally, intimately, with love, patience, understanding, and sympathy. If you had been living in Palestine while Jesus walked those roads and you cried out in your desperation and in need of salvation and healing that no other could give, Jesus would have heard you, and said, "what can I do for you?", and He's still listening today for the cries of those in need. You can trust Him.
Amen!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does He care?
Does God play favorites?

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading Matthew 10 today, found

Jesus speaking to his 12 disciples, said to them saying;

Matthew 10:26-33​

New International Version​

26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in gehenna.29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Reactions: Selah and Keturah

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir; I am not off topic. …but truly, I don’t know where to start. Just consider why it is that God loved
Jacob but hated Esau.
There is a lot to that story, Selah.

Consider that sin has now been taken care of by Christ.

God is love though, and that is just a defining nature of his character. He still allowed Esau to be a great nation.

He could have straight up taken his life, but he did not.

Reactions: Nancy

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot to that story, Selah.

Consider that sin has now been taken care of by Christ.

God is love though, and that is just a defining nature of his character. He still allowed Esau to be a great nation.

He could have straight up taken his life, but he did not.
Yes, there is a lot written about Esau, the individual (not the nation).

Not all souls will accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. The apostasy of the end times will certainly come to pass. Consider that after the Great White Throne Judgment, God will sentence some to the second death.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Methinks you may be isolating promises and using them out of context. Is God only LOVE? You posted nothing about His judgement on unrepentant sinners. If God is only love, why then will there be a GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT after the Millennium?

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

- 2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
So you don't think judgement can be done with love? You don't think that the execution of judgement, that is the destruction of sinners, is with love? Sinners have rejected His mercy, chosen their own paths, and God, in love, has given them the desires of the heart... Independence. It results in death, but in love, God did warn them, and died for them so they have no excuse. Yes. God is love. Always.
Palestine? Lol. Israel is not "Palestine". Thanks for the laugh and goodbye.

View attachment 33089
The nation you now know as Israel, at the time of Jesus, was Palestine, and before that, Canaan.
No sir; I am not off topic. …but truly, I don’t know where to start. Just consider why it is that God loved
Jacob but hated Esau.
Is hate the opposite of love? Perhaps you need to reassess this. Why cannot God hate and love at the same time? Love to my mind means selflessness. Self sacrifice, working for the benefit of others. The opposite would surely be selfishness would it not? Would you accuse God of ever being selfish?

Reactions: Selah

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is hate the opposite of love? Perhaps you need to reassess this. Why cannot God hate and love at the same time? Love to my mind means selflessness. Self sacrifice, working for the benefit of others. The opposite would surely be selfishness would it not? Would you accuse God of ever being selfish?
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

- 1 John 4:10-16 (KJV)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

- 1 John 4:10-16 (KJV)
What is sad is that many who are preaching this many path lie are preaching hate and not the love they think .
For this is of anti christ . He who believes not that JESUS is the CHRIST , he is anti christ
he has neither the Father nor the SON . I try to tell us often and remind us , that the devil
can also say god is love , but rest assured he will point them to his version of love that honors hiself
not the SON NOR THE FATHER .
The early church KNEW the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON JESUS as the CHRIST . today many are falling for a spell
given them under the guise that it is love and is of god . BUT ITS NEITHER LOVE NOR OF GOD .
cause the love of GOD points to CHRIST , not to death and lies .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many rejoice in a lie . how so .
many now rejoice in this lie which says GOD is with all religoins , letting folks believe there is no DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON JESUS as the CHRIST . But charity , LOVE , DONT REJOICE IN INQUITY , NOR IN LIES , CHARITY REJOICES IN THIS ................TRUTH .
And the TRUTH IS , JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE ONLY SAVOIR .
He who believes shall be saved but he who believeth not shall be damned .
All other religions DONT RECOGNIZE JESUS AS THE CHRIST . at most its another version of jesus , another jesus .
BUT NOT AS THE CHRIST . THUS its of ANTI CHRIST . SO how is it CHARITY , LOVE , TO REJOICE IN A LIE
WHEN CHARITY REJOICES ONLY IN THE TRUTH . many are getting duped by satans version of god and of his love .
A love and a god that cannot save them . THE DEVIL knoweth how to decieve and to allure .
JESUS ALONE KEEPS THE LAMBS SAFE and the lambs HEED ONLY THE VOICE OF THE GREAT SHEPARD of the SHEEP .
My advice is folks better flee this all inclusive many path love lie to GOD . cause its not FROM GOD and it aint LOVE either .
ITS COMING from another god , satan , who desired to be AS GOD and has created a universal false love which is merging
all his children to come as one under HIM . NOT GOD , under satan . I LOVE YOU ALL , ITS WHY I WARN US ALL .

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An apology in advance to everyone if this sounds sacreligious or atheistic. The ninth commandment is to not lie, and I would be committing this sin if I said the opposite of what I am about to say.

To answer the title question: no. God does **NOT** care. He does not care about us, our sufferings, or how we are treated.

Because he doesn't do anything for most of us.
Does God play favorites?
Hard yes. People are always talking about how those who are happy on earth will suffer in the afterlife, but there are many rich, happy Christians who enjoy the fat of earth then recieve a large reward in heaven. These are the people God truly loves: the ones who never know any suffering and have the best of both lives.

Why do we hesitate in calling upon our Father? What really are we afraid of? Why do we not trust in the above promises?
What about the people who have been asking their whole lives, repeatedly crying out to God only for him to turn a deaf ear? Not just for things we want but things we NEED to survive?

You can trust Him.

I hate sound wicked (as if this entire reply hasn't made me sound as if I am anyway), but I lost my trust in God long ago. He was never there for me and only in two out of the endless tragedies that befell me did he intervene. I learned the hard way, long ago that he does not care about me. He cares only for his favorites. He cares for the rich, he cares about the successful, he cares about the beautiful, but most of us are just common creatures that do not matter.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the people who have been asking their whole lives, repeatedly crying out to God only for him to turn a deaf ear? Not just for things we want but things we NEED to survive?
You may have just named one of the reasons why I want to make things a little bit better for the hurting people around me. And one of the reasons why historically, God's people have always worked to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, comfort the lonely and the dying, protect the powerless, bring justice for the poor, and other good works that aren't about "saving souls".

The existence of evil in this world is a blasphemy against the goodness of its Creator - but apparently that blasphemy is something God judged was necessary for Him to endure so that His ultimate goals for humankind could be accomplished. The flip side of "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven" is "The name of God is blasphemed among the Nations because of you” when we fail to do so.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Palestine? Lol. Israel is not "Palestine". Thanks for the laugh and goodbye.

View attachment 33089
I used to play a Sega game called "Shining in the Darkness". One of the things you could earn was an ogre's foot to use to stomp on others.

Brakelite is trying to say something about God's character so others may be benefited by it, and here you come, the thread's Ogre's foot. You had to stomp on it, and add a little laugh