Does God create Evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Isa 45:7

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.' Isa 45:7 (YLT)

I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things. Isa 45:7 (WEB)

Hello to you,

Someone ask a good question Does God create evil?

This is my explanation of how it is a yes to the question. You may see differently, and please feel free to share why after considering my explanation.

Yes, by being who he is. People do not like that he is holy and righteous, thus He can create evil by his presence.

God being within the body of Jesus by the Holy Spirit of God created evil motives and agendas in how the people of that day would try to kill Jesus.

Also in absence of his presence for those who wander in darkness and where evil resides in the heart of the individual.

An example here; though Judas was around Jesus for 3 years and was very much part of the Gospel and leading to the turn over to Christ. It seems that the non desire to desire Christ and instead taken 30 silver instead sounded much better than being with and doing what he desired to be done. Lead to the man shrouded in darkness and guilt in which he decided to take his own life.

This is how I’ve been explained how to understand pertaining to does God create evil. He himself is not evil, nor darkness residing with him, nor does he sift a shadow. God is good, and God is love, God is spirit.

In Christ;

Matthew Gallagher

Please share your own thoughts, if you would like.
I think it is we who create evil when we decide to disobey the Lord.

Reactions: MatthewG