Does God kill off believers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
ATP said:
Rom 8:35 NIV Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

If death can no longer separate the elect from God Rom 8:38, and the lake of fire is the second death Rev 20:14, then God a liar.
I agree with Rom. 8:35, but we need to rightly divide the Word of Truth. When a Christian receives the seed of God and
an embryo is created in his spirit, that person begins to deal with his/her mind. The spirit becomes willing, but the mind
must be trained in the ways of the Lord , but that is where the problem comes in. Depending on what that mind has been
taught or exposed to, will determine how long it takes that person to receive the truth of the Word within their being. The
end result is a marriage of the spirit and your mind. In other word, your spirit and your mind becomes ONE. That is called
maturity, when the mind/soul begins to submit to the Christ that resides in your spirit. Your mind begins to change and you
begin to put on the mind of Christ.

But... what if your mind fights the spirit that is within you? I think we need to understand what actually happened when we
first believed. Your spirit was DEAD , but your spirit became alive when God blew His Spirit within your spirit by hearing the
Word of Truth. You were made alive to the things of God!!! But before that happened, you had no idea what you were
here for. You were lost... but now God has given you a reason and a direction so you can accomplish His Purpose and His
Plan for your life.

With that mindset... what in the world could separate you from the Love of God. Nothing!!! God is going to save you whether
you like it or not. In other words, one day you will receive immortality, but you can receive immortality in the 1st resurrection
if you learn how to submit to the Christ that is within you NOW. If you can't learn to submit to Him in this life, then God will
raise you in the 2nd Resurrection where you will learn to submit.

So what does God do? Sometimes He turns you over to Satan for the destruction of your flesh, which is, your carnal mind.
1st Tim. 1:18-20 says,

18 This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the
prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good
fight,
19 keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered
shipwreck in regard to their faith.
20 Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to
Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.

What? Do you realize what you are doing Paul? Turning them over to Satan... you got to be kidding me. Who does that?
What's the purpose Paul? So they will learn. God has turned me over to Satan many times so I could learn too. The first
time I read this a light turned on in my mind. Paul taught me how God uses the Devil to purify His People. Yes... the Devil
answers to God too.

What were they doing Paul? 2nd Tim. 2:16-18 says,

16 But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness,
17 and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and
Philetus,
18 men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has
already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.

There he is again. What was he doing? Spreading lies to God's People. Confusing them and causing them to believe that
same lie. If they continue to spread the lies after Paul has turned them over to Satan, they will lose the 1st Resurrection
and will be raised in the 2nd to be delivered from that lie.

That's how much God loves you. He will allow you to believe that lie and He will still deliver you in the future. Now that is
the real love of God. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, will separate us from the Love of God. Do you believe it. Most people
believe if you die in that state you will have no hope. Do you believe that? Because if you do... then it would be really hard
for you to believe Rom. 8:35.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe