DOES GOD LIKE US?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 6:5-8 "It grieved God that He had made man"
Genesis 6:6 "And The LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart."

Genesis 6:8 "for I am grieved that I have made them.’ But Noah found favour in the eyes of the LORD.” <------ So, God saw his creation as still redeemable? ♥

I know God LOVES us but, are there certain Christians, though LOVING them He finds less "likable" than others? I myself see a part of His character as having "special" people such as Abraham, being called a "friend of God" from God's own lips! David-a man after God's own heart...and others. So, whatcha think :)
-nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That takes some thinking and discerning...

It is written that God loves Jacob, but hates Esau but I believe it was because of his actions of selling his birthright for a meal, but He still bless him in a different way.

So I reckon we can address Romans 9th chapter if you think that is applicable to the OP.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+9&version=KJV

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That takes some thinking and discerning...

It is written that God loves Jacob, but hates Esau but I believe it was because of his actions of selling his birthright for a meal, but He still bless him in a different way.

So I reckon we can address Romans 9th chapter if you think that is applicable to the OP.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+9&version=KJV
I believe Esau was also still in his mothers womb when God said that. Who can know Him...? I read Romans 9, not sure it is really applicable and I also think this thread is dead, lol. Thank you for responding though ♥

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Genesis 6:6 "And The LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart."

Genesis 6:8 "for I am grieved that I have made them.’ But Noah found favour in the eyes of the LORD.” <------ So, God saw his creation as still redeemable? ♥

I know God LOVES us but, are there certain Christians, though LOVING them He finds less "likable" than others? I myself see a part of His character as having "special" people such as Abraham, being called a "friend of God" from God's own lips! David-a man after God's own heart...and others. So, whatcha think :)
-nancy

Only just sheen this thread...it must have got buried under others.

This is a hard question! EKkkkkk!

As you said......we are confident about God's love...but what about "like".
That seems to be "too emotional " for God to have those kinds of feelings.
Golly I don't know.
We know God said Abraham was his friend...can someone have a 'friend' that they don't "like"?

Ha! Watching this space. :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only just sheen this thread...it must have got buried under others.

This is a hard question! EKkkkkk!

As you said......we are confident about God's love...but what about "like".
That seems to be "too emotional " for God to have those kinds of feelings.
Golly I don't know.
We know God said Abraham was his friend...can someone have a 'friend' that they don't "like"? <---I love this person but, can have a tough time listening to her talk non stop about NOTHING...she is not saved, she called me out of the blue after more than 35 years of seeing her- God has been sending more and more annoying people to me...hmm have been praying for looooong suffering, lol. My intercession for has been everyday, sometimes several as I feel the pull to do that.

Ha! Watching this space. :)

"can someone have a 'friend' that they don't "like"? <---Sad to say but---YES!

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The love of a father is unconditional. This is why God is making sons and daughters for himself. Being children of God does not make everyone the same, all are still unique individuals and personalities.

I believe it is God's pleasure to have a relationship with each and everyone that is as unique as we are. Some need more encouragement and others more discipline. Some a gentle hand and others a heavy hand.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of a father is unconditional. This is why God is making sons and daughters for himself. Being children of God does not make everyone the same, all are still unique individuals and personalities.

I believe it is God's pleasure to have a relationship with each and everyone that is as unique as we are. Some need more encouragement and others more discipline. Some a gentle hand and others a heavy hand.

I like that answer, ty

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Iforrest said....unconditional. I don't believe we can see others or ouselves the way God does, perfectly. Peel back the layers till all you see is love, mercy, and compassion. Similar to how you see one of your children at 3 or 4 years old but only seeing the good in them. Encouraging them. Loving them unconditionally. And they know it and feel it. As we grow we add these layers that are not so easy for us to see out of. But God still sees in, through all of them. We are ever changing, He is never changing. But knowing He still sees the "me" that I can't see....is what gives me hope.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Esau was also still in his mothers womb when God said that. Who can know Him...? I read Romans 9, not sure it is really applicable and I also think this thread is dead, lol. Thank you for responding though ♥

I believe God said that because He knew Esau for the kind of sinner he would be since He is the Alpha and Omega..but if I recall correctly, God said something to Esau to assure him that He will take care of him regardless of his lost of birthright.

I may look for that at a later time ( God be willing ) unless somebody else beat me to it.

And you are welcome.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God said that because He knew Esau for the kind of sinner he would be since He is the Alpha and Omega..but if I recall correctly, God said something to Esau to assure him that He will take care of him regardless of his lost of birthright.

I may look for that at a later time ( God be willing ) unless somebody else beat me to it.

And you are welcome.
I believe God "marked" him so nobody would harm him but, he ended up basically in the wilderness or something like that?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God "marked" him so nobody would harm him but, he ended up basically in the wilderness or something like that?

I am not sure if this was the only blessing given to Esau..it was a piece of land that Israel was to respect when crossing over.

Deuteronomy 2:1Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the Lord spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2 And the Lord spake unto me, saying, 3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward. 4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore: 5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession. 6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink. 7 For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.

Joshua 24:4 And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau: and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt.

So Esau was given an inheritance unlike Isaac and Jacob.

That is how the prodigal son, although he gave up his first inheritance for wild living, is still son as there will be a celebration for that son; as well as a robe, and a ring for why there will be vessels unto dishonor in His House.

Esau may have wept over the loss of his birthright as being the elder, but that did not mean there was no second best inheritance for the younger, which Esau inherited it as punishment per his iniquity.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

-nancy

According to some people, some Christians will be rewarded more than others according to their works, or their 'walk' in the faith when the time comes. There are some parables that seem to back this up, so I say yes, it's possible that God does like some Christians more than others. We will have to wait and see what happens. When you think about it, it would only make God even more just if he doesn't reward every single douchebag claiming to be Christian equally with the rest. This of course has nothing to do with ones actual salvation. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

-nancy

For God so loved the World, That He Gave His Only Begotten Son!!!! we all know this. At Salvation we are just babies in Christ, Right! But we are to Grow and Mature as we continue to walk! Right! So Let us Not enter into His Kingdom, with dirty Dippers!!!!!!!!!!!
God Love's all His Creation, even me!

Sorry the OP was about Being Liked, so I would Say He Like's all Of Us, even me, and that's something!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Dcopymope

Agree, I am sure by Pauls writings that there is a smile on the face of the Lord when He is able to say - " Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord."

Paul wanted to hear the " Well done"...and we know that he did.
At the end of his life he had the confidence that he had run well.
7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. "

He had run a good race and he encourages us to do the same.
If everyone ended up the same at the end...there would be no reason for Paul to tell us :-
14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. " If there was just 'a calling' which was the same it wouldn't worded that way. Paul talks about the High Calling...

I personally believe that we are all called to this high calling ( which I believe is the blessing of the "FULLNESS of Joy "in His presence) ...but not all want to press toward this prize...they are just "happy to be going to heaven"...
Just like .."Many are called and few ( choose to be) are chosen. "
A classroom where some pay attention...and drink all the truth offered...and still want more. Other like the back of the classroom so they can get away with doing the least they can, they are there...but their hearts and passion is not 'there'.
( I am a great believer in the Tabernacle patterns which confirms all things scriptural :) )

Reactions: Dcopymope and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dcopymope

Agree, I am sure by Pauls writings that there is a smile on the face of the Lord when He is able to say - " Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord."

Paul wanted to hear the " Well done"...and we know that he did.
At the end of his life he had the confidence that he had run well.
7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. "

He had run a good race and he encourages us to do the same.
If everyone ended up the same at the end...there would be no reason for Paul to tell us :-
14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. " If there was just 'a calling' which was the same it wouldn't worded that way. Paul talks about the High Calling...

I personally believe that we are all called to this high calling ( which I believe is the blessing of the "FULLNESS of Joy "in His presence) ...but not all want to press toward this prize...they are just "happy to be going to heaven"...
Just like .."Many are called and few ( choose to be) are chosen. "
A classroom where some pay attention...and drink all the truth offered...and still want more. Other like the back of the classroom so they can get away with doing the least they can, they are there...but their hearts and passion is not 'there'.
( I am a great believer in the Tabernacle patterns which confirms all things scriptural :) )

Well Said! for there are those that HUNGER, that is the key, for if you are satisfied with a little, you will not continue to search for more, BUT if you are HUNGRY, then you will always be looking [ in the refrigerator ] Scriptures for more to ward of the Hunger, these will never be satisfied! Truth and Righteousness!

Reactions: Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe everyone is a creation of God but not everyone is a child of God (we are children of God through faith).

Psalm 5:5 - The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalm 11:5 - The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion

God does not show favoritism though, I believe He works all things out according to His will. God has been very patient with me but I know at times I have not pleased Him as I should have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjh29 and Truth

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure if this was the only blessing given to Esau..it was a piece of land that Israel was to respect when crossing over.

Deuteronomy 2:1Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the Lord spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2 And the Lord spake unto me, saying, 3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward. 4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore: 5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession. 6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink. 7 For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the Lord thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.

Joshua 24:4 And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau: and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt.

So Esau was given an inheritance unlike Isaac and Jacob.

That is how the prodigal son, although he gave up his first inheritance for wild living, is still son as there will be a celebration for that son; as well as a robe, and a ring for why there will be vessels unto dishonor in His House.

Esau may have wept over the loss of his birthright as being the elder, but that did not mean there was no second best inheritance for the younger, which Esau inherited it as punishment per his iniquity.

Thank JIF, good answer and, now I can understand that he did in deed get an inheritance. Just lost his birth right. ♥

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful