Does God listen to everyone's prayers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered if God is listening to your prayers? Those are very practical thoughts, especially when there is a problem we pray many times but still do not receive an answer. In today's post, let's find out and discuss this issue with me.

X7zzB1v.png

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." (Isaiah 59:1)

Be honest with yourself, have you ever wondered if God really listens to you? If you've never been so skeptical, you're a great patient person…or maybe you're still trying to deceive yourself.

Doubts visit me from time to time in my fleeting thoughts. But, our aparition are all quite similar. I know God has not abandoned me. However, I must confess that my faith was shaken a few times as I languished waiting for God's answer to my prayers.

We all have great prayers for God. In desperation, I begged and cried a lot. I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth. I prayed to God to restore my uncle's body after he had liver cancer. I decided never to let go. No problem, I will be holding my God's promise in Isaiah that He will answer me.

In the turmoil, the great crisis of my life, I decided to rely on God. My prayers have become an intense supplication.

I said to the Lord, "Lord, that's what You said in the Bible. Those are not my words. That is His word. he never lies. He is always faithful. May God heal my uncle. For all the damage to my uncle's body, just one word from him was enough. My uncle should be able to recover."

Every time I feel my faith weaken, I will anchor myself to only one thing, and that is your faithfulness. My job is to be patient and wait.

I still believe in my heart that one day, my uncle can gradually return to his previous health, and go to church to pray as usual. I expect that to happen.

Although that seems impossible now, I still believe that God's power is unlimited. The Bible records many stories that testify to the power and strength of God, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. It doesn't matter who we are, what position we are, rich or poor, or even how often we go to church, God is mighty and faithful.

In Acts 3, Peter and John meet a man with a birth defect and ask for help. Actually, this man was asking for money, but what he received was healing, he was able to get up and walk again. Those who knew his situation well when they saw him “walking and dancing, praising God” were amazed.

Peter said to them, “It was faith in his name that strengthened the man you see and know. It was His name and faith in Him that made this man perfectly healthy as you all have seen” (Acts 3:16).

Put our faith in the name of Jesus Christ. In His due time, all our prayers will be answered.

If what you are asking for is physical healing, put your full trust in God, wait patiently for Him, and meditate on God's word found in 1 Peter 2:24.

“He bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live for righteousness; By his wounds, you are healed” (1 Peter 2:24).

And you know what, my uncle is getting better and it seems that God is listening to my prayers.

Believe in God, He is listening to your every cry. Give Him time and He will answer the prayer you've been waiting for.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God listens to fervent prayers and those who are persistent and have a just cause. He hears the prayers of the righteous.

"The LORD is far from the wicked: but he hears the prayer of the righteous." Prov. 15:29

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much
." James 5:16

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Peter 3:12

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God hears the prayers of the penitent sinner because being repentant IS to be humanly righteous. God only hears the righteous.

Repentance is a condition of salvation. Repentance is an act of righteousness. Look at the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican. The Publican was justified as being righteous because he took on a repentant attitude. Not so the one who considered himself to be already saved.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRAYERS GOD DOESN'T LISTEN TO OR ANSWER

God does not answer prayers that go against his will, or his requirements, which are in the Bible. (1 John 5:14) For example, the Bible requires that we avoid being greedy. Gambling promotes greed. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) So, God will not answer your prayer if you pray to win the lottery. God is not a genie that you can summon to do your bidding. Actually, you can be thankful for this. Otherwise, you might have to fear what others could ask God to do. James 4:3.

God does not listen to those who are determined to offend him by their actions. For example, God told those who claimed to serve him but acted rebelliously: “Even though you make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed your very hands have become filled.” (Isaiah 1:15) But if they had changed their ways and “set matters straight” with God, he would have listened when they prayed to him. Isaiah 1:18.

Prayer is not a mere emotional outlet for us when we are under stress. It is an expression of our faith and part of our worship of God. If we do not “keep asking in faith,” says the disciple James, then we “should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah.” (James 1:6, 7) To build faith in God, we must take the time and effort to get to know him by studying the Bible. Doing so will help us to know his will and to pray with conviction.

Imagine, that both sides in a soccer game pray to win. God can hardly be expected to respond to such conflicting prayers. The same can be said about modern-day warfare when opposing sides pray for victory. The wars of world war one and two had many nations opposing one another some were nations that said they were Christians nations who prayed to the same God to win the war. Why would God answer such conflicting prayers?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We all have great prayers for God. In desperation, I begged and cried a lot. I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth. I prayed to God to restore my uncle's body after he had liver cancer. I decided never to let go. No problem, I will be holding my God's promise in Isaiah that He will answer me.

In the turmoil, the great crisis of my life, I decided to rely on God. My prayers have become an intense supplication.

I said to the Lord, "Lord, that's what You said in the Bible. Those are not my words. That is His word. he never lies. He is always faithful. May God heal my uncle. For all the damage to my uncle's body, just one word from him was enough. My uncle should be able to recover."
We read of incredible things accomplished by God’s spirit in Bible times.....but they occurred for a specific reason at the time they were performed. They are recorded for our information and encouragement. But, we are not in Bible times anymore. The time for miracles in this world died out with the apostles because they were for that time only, bringing many to Christ by the demonstration of God’s power.....and giving a foregleam of the things that will take place in the coming Kingdom of God. (Revelation 21:2-4)

The Jews who saw Jesus’ miracles could not deny that he was the Christ....their Messiah....but that did not stop the religious leaders from trying to devalue them, and warning the people about this false prophet. The vast majority of the Jews chose to listen to the wrong people. These clamored for Jesus’ death and even cursed themselves and their children with Jesus' blood. (Matthew 27:25)

I still believe in my heart that one day, my uncle can gradually return to his previous health, and go to church to pray as usual. I expect that to happen.
All the promises of restoration in the Bible are connected to the coming of God’s Kingdom. When Jesus taught us to pray, he said “thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.....that has clearly not taken place yet.

The resurrection promised by Jesus (John 5:28-29) will undo death and return our loved ones to us as they were, in the healthy state before their illness or death......or even in a healthy state that they have never enjoyed in this life before.

Miracles will happen all the time in “the new earth” to come. (2 Peter 3:13)

Although that seems impossible now, I still believe that God's power is unlimited. The Bible records many stories that testify to the power and strength of God, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. It doesn't matter who we are, what position we are, rich or poor, or even how often we go to church, God is mighty and faithful.

In Acts 3, Peter and John meet a man with a birth defect and ask for help. Actually, this man was asking for money, but what he received was healing, he was able to get up and walk again. Those who knew his situation well when they saw him “walking and dancing, praising God” were amazed.
Again, we are no longer in those apostolic times.....if the miracles were still taking place, then every hospital would have a miracle worker who would be healing people and sending them home cured instead of watching the failures of the medical system and having to plan hospice and a funeral.

Even the healing ministries of some churches fail to heal those who put faith in them. Those people often have their faith shattered by such failures.....some are even accused of not having enough faith, when that was never the case in Jesus’ day. All who came to him were healed.....there were no failures. (Luke 6:18-19)

And you know what, my uncle is getting better and it seems that God is listening to my prayers.
The cold hard facts are that current cancer treatments have a very high failure rate and even the good news of an initial remission often ends up with the cancer returning after a few years and being untreatable....it is the rule rather than the exception.

I have read that 75% of oncologists surveyed said they they would never have chemo or radiation themselves because of its toxicity and ineffectiveness. No one wants to spend their last days in terrible suffering, looking like a refugee from Auschwitz. The current cancer treatments are all that is on offer....no alternatives will even be considered by the brainwashed medical system who are making a fortune out of 'treating' (not curing) the terminally ill.

Chemo can cost about $1200 per round and if a person has four rounds in a year, it can cost around $48,000....more than the average person earns. Any wonder people have to sell their houses to pay for medical treatment in the US.....and most of the time it doesn't even work, so the patient not only loses their life, but also their money.
No guesses about who rules this world...is there? (1 John 5:19)

Believe in God, He is listening to your every cry. Give Him time and He will answer the prayer you've been waiting for.
That would be a nice thing to have happen...but it’s not the reality. This world is in the hands of God’s adversary and until he is brought to nothing after all his attempts at derailing the faith of many people with false hopes and failed miracles, God will bring in the rule of his Kingdom, and all those who have suffered and died, will have the wonderful experience of a resurrection. This is what Jesus promised....not cures and miracles now....those are for later, when the devil can no longer interfere with God's plans for this beautiful planet and the living things he placed here to enjoy it endlessly. Those we have lost in death are not without hope.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Q. Does God listen To Everyone,s Prayers?
A. Yes, he does :)
Perhaps not....
Isaiah 1:15...
"So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you offer many prayers,
I will not be listening.
Your hands are covered with blood."
(NASB)

Those shedding blood are not heard by God. In military conflicts we see the clergy often absolving those who are shedding blood.
In the two world wars, as well as the one in Ukraine at present, both sides claim to be Christians.....in all that bloodshed, whose side does God take?

1 Peter 3:7...
"You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered." (NASB)

Those who are doing things that God condemns, like mistreating a spouse, will not have their prayers heard, or answered.
This should give us pause to reflect on our own prayers.

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hears them though. He does not necessarily reply but I am sure he hears everyone's prayers. The good and the evil
Hey, if God wasn't listening, then we'd know something God didn't know, right? :p

Good grief, Charlie Brown, can't people understand colloquial speech? Does everything have to be literal?

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered if God is listening to your prayers? Those are very practical thoughts, especially when there is a problem we pray many times but still do not receive an answer. In today's post, let's find out and discuss this issue with me.

X7zzB1v.png

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." (Isaiah 59:1)

Be honest with yourself, have you ever wondered if God really listens to you? If you've never been so skeptical, you're a great patient person…or maybe you're still trying to deceive yourself.

Doubts visit me from time to time in my fleeting thoughts. But, our aparition are all quite similar. I know God has not abandoned me. However, I must confess that my faith was shaken a few times as I languished waiting for God's answer to my prayers.

Every time I feel my faith weaken, I will anchor myself to only one thing, and that is your faithfulness. My job is to be patient and wait.

Peter said to them, “It was faith in his name that strengthened the man you see and know. It was His name and faith in Him that made this man perfectly healthy as you all have seen” (Acts 3:16).

Put our faith in the name of Jesus Christ. In His due time, all our prayers will be answered.

If what you are asking for is physical healing, put your full trust in God, wait patiently for Him, and meditate on God's word found in 1 Peter 2:24.

“He bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live for righteousness; By his wounds, you are healed” (1 Peter 2:24).

One reason we might have to wait for an answer, is that sometimes we aren't wise enough, yet, to understand the answer. God has to teach us the answer, as opposed to just telling us the answer.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having talked about this in another post.

Prayer is one of the most effective things we have, in connection with our Father who adopted us through faith in the Son of God.

Anyone who suggest name it and claim it are wrong, such as asking for a car or rolls Royce watches or whatever, I do not believe God blessed materially (though we can be thankful when say you don’t have a car and miraculously someone is willingly to either bless you with or perhaps sell one at a cheap price than you expected), aside from that God truly blessed with the spiritual, not so much the material.

I believe that praying allows God to interact in our lives to help us by the Holy Spirit, to have love, peace, joy, kindness (Galatians 5) - as we have the Holy Spirit living with in us, and the spirit of Christ.

I also believe praying on behalf of others as found in 1 Timothy by an encouragement of Paul we should pray for all people that we know and have come in contact with or even presidents or governing authorities.

I believe praying for others allows God to perhaps interact in their lives to keep them safe from harm and things like this, though asking for things to be according to his Will and good pleasure.

Though if we aren’t healed from cancer, or something like this, or if a missing child is not found, the good to know is that God ultimately is a good God, who loved all people while we were still sinners and he sent his son, because of his love for all people.

Sometimes things go unanswered or unfound out but trust God to help you and lead you by the spirit and pray and give God your thoughts, and worried and your cares that you have for he is God who does listen.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers