Does God need man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t want to say if you’re a trinitarian or not.

Trinity and trinitarian are not even in God's Word.

What we do see in God's Word is this...

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Concerning the trinity... the Father, the Son, and the Spirit... are One!

Pretty hard to explain away something scripture clearly tells us which is... One is Three, and the Three are One.

In fact.... you and I are three that is one (we are a spirit, we possess a soul, and we live in a body)

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

After all... the Lord did create man in His Own Image.

Genesis 1:26
God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

That's the Father, the Word, and the Spirit saying "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

Now augustine... believed in the fake "father", the fake "son", and the fake "holy spirit" because he taught doctrines of demons and wisdom from the blind mind of mankind as though it were the Wisdom of God.

You aren’t a trinitarian. I would still quote you and let others read what you write and decide for themselves if there is truth in what you have written.

This is a talkboard... they can all see everything I say... waving4.gif

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If thou had hated us thou would not have created us." - Saint Augustine

I have enjoyed the Saint Augustine writings.

Reactions: Niblo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Trinity and trinitarian are not even in God's Word.

What we do see in God's Word is this...

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Concerning the trinity... the Father, the Son, and the Spirit... are One!

Pretty hard to explain away something scripture clearly tells us which is... One is Three, and the Three are One.

In fact.... you and I are three that is one (we are a spirit, we possess a soul, and we live in a body)

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

After all... the Lord did create man in His Own Image.

Genesis 1:26
God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

That's the Father, the Word, and the Spirit saying "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

Now augustine... believed in the fake "father", the fake "son", and the fake "Holy Spirit" because he taught doctrines of demons and wisdom from the blind mind of mankind as though it were the Wisdom of God.

This is a talkboard... they can all see everything I say... View attachment 40268

I’m not here to discuss the Trinity and it’s against board policy to do so. I wanted to find out whether or not you’re a trinitarian. I did.

Trinitarian or non-trinitarian, we should all still be able to cind things we can agree on.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t a trinitarian. I would still quote you and let others read what you write and decide for themselves if there is any truth in what you have written.

”You must accept the truth from whatever source that it comes.” - Maimonides
Hopefully he is doesn't believe that way Pentecostal. Which for me are the worse kind!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"If thou had hated us thou would not have created us." - Saint Augustine

I have enjoyed the Saint Augustine writings.

I don’t agree with everything Augustine wrote but I‘m able to find things he wrote that I’m able to agree with. He challenges my thinking. If he were here, I’d thank him for that.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not here to discuss the Trinity and it’s against board policy to do so. I wanted to find out whether or not you’re a trinitarian. I did.

Trinitarian or non-trinitarian, we should all still be able to cind things we can agree on.

No discussion is even needed on the so called trinity... all one has to do is read what God's Word says and that settles it.

Actually... false teachings frequently contain some truths otherwise people won't take the poison when it is presented.

If one wants to poison a dog... they put a small amount of poison in hamburger meat.

The meat may be 99% pure, tasty hamburger meat... but that small amount of poison is deadly.

So, if you want to join up with false teachers just because some of their stuff is actually true... you'll eventually be bit by a serpent (demon)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hopefully he is doesn't believe that way Pentecostal. Which for me are the worse kind!

He’s inconsistent with his logic, and I disagree with some of his stated beliefs, but I’ve still been able to find some points of agreement with him. I don’t know why that vexes him. It shouldn’t.

Reactions: Niblo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No discussion is even needed on the so called trinity... all one has to do is read what God's Word says and that settles it.

Actually... false teachings frequently contain some truths otherwise people won't take the poison when it is presented.

If one wants to poison a dog... they put a small amount of poison in hamburger meat.

The meat may be 99% pure, tasty hamburger meat... but that small amount of poison is deadly.

So, if you want to join up with false teachers just because some of their stuff is actually true... you'll eventually be bit by a serpent (demon)

I asked you to point out the “poison” pill in the “hamburger” quote and you weren’t able to do it. Why? There was no “poison” pill in the “hamburger” quote that I posted.

Augustine said something which we agree is true. Hold on to it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He’s inconsistent with his logic

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... even erroneous ones such as yours coupled with weak and feeble attempt to gaslight others in to self doubt which is a common garden variety ploy used by demons at the behest of the master deceiver, satan.

'Ol slewfoot is no match for the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ Who leads me around traps set by the wicked one. thumbsup2.gif

Augustine said something which we agree is true. Hold on to it.

WHY would anyone want to handle hamburger meat that has poison it it?

You you trying to be deceived??? clueless-scratching.gif

Or, do you really don't know any better?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Calvin developed complicated doctrine and then using scripture as a defense toasted those who went against him. We must be careful that our complicated doctrine does not turn us into mean people...

"Whoever shall maintain that wrong is done to heretics and blasphemers in punishing them makes himself an accomplice in their crime and guilty as they are. There is no question here of man's authority; it is God who speaks, and clear it is what law he will have kept in the church, even to the end of the world. Wherefore does he demand of us a so extreme severity, if not to show us that due honor is not paid him, so long as we set not his service above every human consideration, so that we spare not kin, nor blood of any, and forget all humanity when the matter is to combat for His glory." - John Calvin shortly after toasting Michael Servetus

In which I think that Michael Servetus was right here...

"To kill a man is not to defend a doctrine, but to kill a man." - Michael Servetus

If he [Servetus] comes [to Geneva], I shall never let him go out alive if my authority has weight." - John Calvin in a letter to Farel Feb. 13, 1546

"Above all, do not fail to rid the country of those scoundrels, who stir up the people to revolt against us. Such monsters should be exterminated, as I have exterminated Michael Servetus the Spaniard." - John Calvin

"We have now new business in hand with Servetus. He intended perhaps passing through this city; for it is not yet known with what design he came. But after he had been recognized, I thought that he should be detained. My friend Nicolas summoned him on a capital charge. ... I hope that sentence of death will at least be passed upon him" - John Calvin in a letter to Farel Aug 20th 1553

"Do not fail to rid the country of those zealous scoundrels who stir up the people to revolt against us. Such monsters should be exterminated, as I have exterminated Michael Servetus the Spaniard." - John Calvin

I have read from 1541 to 1546, John Calvin caused 58 people to be executed and seventy six were exiled. His victims ranged in age from 16 to 80. The most common capital offense was the opposition to infant baptism. Today, baptism only for accountable believers, is a Baptist distinctive. In Calvin's time it was punished either by drowning, a drawn out and slow burning at the stake, or beheading. All this was done in public, with city residents compelled to watch the butchery. The executions were spaced out so as to exert a continuing policy of fear and terror. Others were killed for advocating local church autonomy; opposing the tie-in of church and state: and preaching that Christ died for all sinners (unlimited atonement). Press censorship continued in Geneva until the eighteenth century.

It's no wonder Calvin died early of terrible health problems.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know... Adolph Hitler had a few good things to say... maybe you can quote him too!

Not everything he said was bad so let us hear some of the Hitler quotes from yo Hitler Quote Collection! funny.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Everyone is entitled to their opinions... even erroneous ones such as yours coupled with weak and feeble attempt to gaslight others in to self doubt which is a common garden variety ploy used by demons at the behest of the master deceiver, satan.

'Ol slewfoot is no match for the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ Who leads me around traps set by the wicked one. View attachment 40270

WHY would anyone want to handle hamburger meat that has poison it it?

You you trying to be deceived??? View attachment 40271

Or, do you really don't know any better?

I’ll agree with you (and anyone’ else) when you say something that is true and disagree with you (and anyone else) when they say something that is false.

What I won’t do is take someone else’s word for what has been said. I’ll read it for myself and then rightly divide. I recommend the same to one and all.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I won’t do is take someone else’s word for what has been said. I’ll read it for myself and then rightly divide. I recommend the same to one and all.

Why read what others thought God said... when we can instead go read what God actually said? clueless.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You know... Adolph Hitler had a few good things to say... maybe you can quote him too!

How do you know? Have you read something good in his writings? Have you listened to him speak something that is good? Or are you just parroting what someone else has told you?

If he said something good then quote him.

Not everything he said was bad so let us hear some of the Hitler quotes from yo Hitler Quote Collection! View attachment 40272

I’ve invited you to do so.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why read what others thought God said... when we can instead go read what God actually said? View attachment 40273

Why do discussion forums exist? Why aren’t you reading your Bible instead of listening to what people say about God? Why do you want anyone to listen to what you have to say about God? Why are you vexed when someone listens to what you say about God and are able to agree with you, at least in part?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know? Have you read something good in his writings? Have you listened to him speak something that is good? Or are you just parroting what someone else has told you?

If he said something good then quote him.

Now WHY would I want to paint a guy like this in a positive light by quoting him?

This is what you don't understand... quoting nutjobs is a stumbling block for others as some will think "this must be a good guy I should read after" and they do that and get deceived... and YOU had a hand in making that happen as the devil is using you to help make these nutjobs look good by quoting them.

I’ve invited you to do so.

I'm not the one with the Happy Hitler Quote Collection disagree.gif

Why do discussion forums exist? Why aren’t you reading your Bible instead of listening to what people say about God? Why do you want anyone to listen to what you have to say about God? Why are you vexed when someone listens to what you say about God and are able to agree with you, at least in part?

It's above your head and below your knees!

Besides, I'm not vexed at all... I'm as happy as a pig in the sunshine!
smile-grin4.gifSee... not "vexed" at all! laughing.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now WHY would I want to paint a guy like this in a positive light by quoting him?

This is what you don't understand... quoting nutjobs is a stumbling block for others as some will think "this must be a good guy I should read after" and they do that and get deceived... and YOU had a hand in making that happen as the devil is using you to help make these nutjobs look good by quoting them.

I'm not the one with the Happy Hitler Quote Collection View attachment 40274

It's above your head and below your knees!

Besides, I'm not vexed at all... I'm as happy as a pig in the sunshine!
View attachment 40277See... not "vexed" at all! View attachment 40278

You‘re the one who asserted that Hitler said something good. What did he say that was good?

If he did say something that was good, there’s nothing wrong with quoting it and acknowledging that it is good.

I don’t think you’ve read Augustine or Hitler. You’re speaking about things that you have only secondhand, and shallow, knowledge about.

A note to our readers. I’m beginning to think Big Boy is the squirrel that he believes others to be.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as an unrepentant murderer... he went to hell.

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
“The Scriptures are full of enigmas and inscrutable questions which have been in dispute for over a thousand years without agreement, nor can they be resolved without love, which appeases all controversies. Yet on account of these enigmas the earth is filled with innocent blood ... On controversial points we would do better to defer judgment, even as God, who knows us to be guilty, yet postpones judgment and waits for us to amend our lives. To kill a man is not to defend a doctrine. It is simply to kill a man.” - Jacobus Arminius

In which I must say that the freedom of religion is a good thing. Even though I don't agree on all points we have the freedom to live in error until some good soul sets us on the right course.