Does God need man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think you’ve read Augustine or Hitler.

I'm a Christian being led by the Holy Ghost to follow what the Lord says.... not reading what nutjobs have to say.

I think you might be suffering from Nutjobitis... it's a condition where people idolize and look up to nutjobs such as your boys adolph and augustine clueless-doh.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In which I must say that the freedom of religion is a good thing. Even though I don't agree on all points we have the freedom to live in error until some good soul sets us on the right course.

This won't be found in God's Kingdom... so enjoy the error now whilst you can laughing.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm a Christian being led by the Holy Ghost to follow what the Lord says.... not reading what nutjobs have to say.

I think you might be suffering from Nutjobitis... it's a condition where people idolize and look up to nutjobs such as your boys adolph and augustine View attachment 40282

Your reading what I have to say.

I think you have a problem accepting what Maimonides said about accepting truth.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should care when something is said that is true, no matter who says it. But you don’t.

That's because the Lord... only goes by His Word.

Maybe someday the Lord can be first and foremost in your life which is the only way to be healed of Nutjobitis! agree.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's because the Lord... only goes by His Word.

Maybe someday the Lord can be first and foremost in your life which is the only way to be healed of Nutjobitis! View attachment 40286

I’ve been able to agree with you, at least in part. The same with Augustine. You’ve (absurdly) said that Augustine is my idol. Do you believe yourself to be my idol, too?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re detaching yourself from reality.

God's Word IS reality... those that enjoy reading sources other than God's Word are the ones off in dark fantasy land.

Neither you nor Augustine are an idol to me.

Glad to hear I'm not your idol... but you do seem to be overly enthralled with your boy augustine clueless-scratching.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God's Word IS reality... those that enjoy reading sources other than God's Word are the ones off in dark fantasy land.

You’re reading posts on this forum. If emojis are any indication, you seem to be enjoying it.

Glad to hear I'm not your idol...

If your logic was sound, you would have to be.

... but you do seem to be overly enthralled with your boy augustine View attachment 40289

Augustine is no more “my boy” than you are.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re inconsistent in applying your logic. What do you get out of acting this way?

That's your erroneous opinion. What do you get out of acting that way?

You’re right. You don’t know.

Why so defensive concerning Augustine being your boy?

You think enough of his writings to quote him. Wassup?

I haven’t spoken highly of Augustine. I simply agreed with something he wrote.

Well when you think enough of someone to quote them, you appear to be someone who honors that person.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Division between those being led by the Spirit verses those being led by the flesh
You read that like someone with limited Bible knowledge......The “division” Christ came to cause was within families (if you read the whole verse in context.) That was the division between the Jews and the Christians....family pressure would be brought to bear on one wanting to become a Christian.....it was seen as a defection from Judaism......the same division that will occur between “the sheep and the goats” in these last days. The true servants of God would be “hated and persecuted” for teaching outside of the accepted ‘orthodox’ faith.
Jesus said.....
“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me.” (John 15:18-21)

They would be exposing religious error like Jesus and his
disciples did. It would make them very unpopular.
These persecutors do not know the God Jesus served....they have invented another god.

So, look for the hated, persecuted minority who are out there doing what Christ commanded amid accusations of heresy. (Matt 28:19-20) They will be “no part” of this world and it’s political squabbles, no part of its bloodshed, and they will be united globally as one brotherhood promoting peace with one another. (John 13:34-35)

True Christianity was lost in the centuries following the death of the apostles, and the formation of the RCC reinforced many adopted pagan doctrines and passed them off as “Christian” teachings in a age where no one was in a position to argue and keep living....that tyranny lasted for some 1500 years as the only “Christianity” in existence....but amidst all that corruption, a man named Martin Luther (a Catholic Priest who had access to the scriptures) took his life in his hands and held his church accountable for their disgusting behavior.

A Reformation followed that would at least give the people back God’s word, but rather than unite Christians, it caused more and more division......Christendom retained the core teachings of the ‘mother’ church and today there are way more “weeds” than there are “wheat”.

The devil is a mimic and to promote confusion, he has given people a smorgasbord of “churches”, all claiming to teach God’s truth and promote the teachings of Jesus, but giving people a confusing choice as to whom to believe.

For Christians Paul admonished....
“Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” (1 Cor 1:10)
Whenever divisions occurred, (usually between the Jews and the Gentiles because they came from vastly different backgrounds) they were dealt with and resolved so that the outcome promoted unity.

Tell me how Christendom will ever overcome her disunity....?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's your erroneous opinion. What do you get out of acting that way?

Why so defensive concerning Augustine being your boy?

You think enough of his writings to quote him. Wassup?

Well when you think enough of someone to quote them, you appear to be someone who honors that person.

I’m quoting you but it would be a terrible mistake on your part to think that I’m honoring you by doing so.

If your behavior is representative of what genuine Christianity looks like (it isn’t) then Christianity would be finished.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m quoting you but it would be a terrible mistake on your part to think that I’m honoring you by doing so.

Glad to hear you aren't making an idol out of me.

If your behavior is representative of what Christianity looks like (thankfully, you aren’t) then Christianity is finished.

Yeah cause we all know that real Christians spend all their time reading the writings of known false teachers rather than God's Word... clueless-doh.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States