Does God Through Christ Love Us Individually, or Just Corporately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meh, whatever. Seems to be a lot of people who just want to fight, even when there is nothing to fight about. Be kind, it goes a long way with people.
Feelings in a heart become bondage to how things "seem to be," just as you admitted above.

In fact, the error of that indeed becomes willfully extended to fighting for the legitimacy of those feelings. Even guys do that sometimes, as they submit to a female mindset.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feelings in a heart become bondage to how things "seem to be," just as you admitted above.

In fact, the error of that indeed becomes willfully extended to fighting for the legitimacy of those feelings. Even guys do that sometimes, as they submit to a female mindset.

Yeah I’m a simple man and maybe you’re just way too intelligent and right to be understood or something.

Any way to the OP yes Jesus loves you individually. He made you, he loves you like a father.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us how He is intimate with you. If you cannot or do not, then your claim about intimacy is false.

Well given you demand- NO! I know what I know and I know iHIm who I serve! Spend time in fellowship with HIm and then you won't have to prepubescently challenge others relationship with Him.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Jacob28 - I do not claim to know the Bible as some here do. Memorizing scripture is not my strong point. The Bible is so profoundly deep I could study it my whole life and still not know everything that's in it or understand all of it. Many here have awesome knowledge of the Bible and I kind of envy that to be honest.

That being said I have met Christ and know him. My experience of his love was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. So my testimony of his love is not based on scripture but on experience. It felt like I was the only one he loved. It is a love that is unlike anything you will experience on earth. When I first had the experience I just figured all Christians have experiences hearing Messiah and experiencing his love toward us. I have come to realize it is a pretty rare experience. God speaks to everyone different. But I know he loves me, individually and I think he loves everyone of us the same.
Here is my experience meeting Christ:
His sheep hear his voice...my testimony

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I successfully read such a mind there was not much to see. Only two things were apparent:

1.) A compulsion to express every personal feeling.
2.) A felt right to get something.
You are attacking a members character....against the rules.
Go read the rules before posting any more threads or comments.

Reactions: amadeus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you trained and commissioned to speak "We?". Yes? How and by whom?
Hello @Jacob28,

I presumed that on a Christian forum, I was talking to fellow believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore my justification for using the word, 'We', was on that basis.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: justbyfaith

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing loose comments from random people is not how God operates His Word of Truth. Do you agree?
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt 12:36-37

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know He will judge whole nations:
Hello, Nancy:

When God judges a whole nation, what happens to any who are righteous in that nation? Consider of the 600,000 saved out of Egypt the whole nation of them, with two exceptions, died in the wilderness. The two exceptions were excepted why?

Consider when God judged Sodom, with the exception of Lot and his family, all of those in the city died. Why was Lot's family excepted?

Consider when God judged the world of men, with the exception of Noah and his family, all men died. Why was Noah
s family excepted?

And then consider these verses:

"Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:13-14

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not quite sure why you welcomed me to the Forum. As well, I am not quite sure why you made such a long post with little train of thought.

I can only see:

1.) You are in charge of a hospitality need you imagine exists.
2 .) Expressing your feelings and ideas is important.

Let me know if this is correct. Thanks do much.
Could you explain why it is that you as a follower of Christ [designated as a Christian] ask such questions of someone else designated also as a follower of Christ?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus had individually focused love upon Apostle John, Lazarus, sisters Mary and Martha. No apparent others. God never stated He individually loved any of His Prophets.

God states He "So loved the World." Jesus loved His Disciples as a group, but nowhere does Jesus verbally state to an individual He loves them. Jesus loves only corporately.

As well, God's Love is conditional. Psalm 146:8, "The Lord loveth the righteous." Sinners are not righteous.
So no more singing " Jesus loves me. "?

Jesus died once for all, hence he loves all. He wants a personal relationship, not just worship.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, Nancy:

When God judges a whole nation, what happens to any who are righteous in that nation? Consider of the 600,000 saved out of Egypt the whole nation of them, with two exceptions, died in the wilderness. The two exceptions were excepted why?

Consider when God judged Sodom, with the exception of Lot and his family, all of those in the city died. Why was Lot's family excepted?

Consider when God judged the world of men, with the exception of Noah and his family, all men died. Why was Noah
s family excepted?

And then consider these verses:

"Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:13-14

Thank you John,
Yes, I did consider those greats of old, and God allowing a certain few to live. And, of course, it's because they were righteous men...or at least way more up right than the rest of those who perished.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you John,
Yes, I did consider those greats of old, and God allowing a certain few to live. And, of course, it's because they were righteous men...or at least way more up right than the rest of those who perished.
I thought that you would have so considered, but I wanted to be certain.

For the sake of many I hope things are not moving to that point with these United States of America, but we can only do what we can do... to pray and work while it is still day. The rest in is God's hands!