Does God want us to use His name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right I didn't give one instance-- I gave you three verses and you rejected them. Sorry but I can't dictate your thinknig.

Again, post anywhere a Hebrew Bible renders Yahweh that an English Bible renders it Jesus. You simply will be unable to do so sir, as Jesus name in Hebrew is Yeshua. That is my thinking on the matter.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, post anywhere a Hebrew Bible renders Yahweh that an English Bible renders it Jesus. You simply will be unable to do so sir, as Jesus name in Hebrew is Yeshua. That is my thinking on the matter.

For that nit pick- no. there is no OT verse that says Yahweh is Jesus. That is not even found in teh NT. But it would take a person totally ignorant of teh bible and who Jesus is, to not know there are several verses in teh OT that Yahweh can only be Jesus based on the Scriptures without a reinterpreting or rephrasing the passage to hide that Biblical fact!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For that nit pick- no. there is no OT verse that says Yahweh is Jesus. That is not even found in teh NT. But it would take a person totally ignorant of teh bible and who Jesus is, to not know there are several verses in teh OT that Yahweh can only be Jesus based on the Scriptures without a reinterpreting or rephrasing the passage to hide that Biblical fact!

Even in saying that Ron, it is still not true. Jehovah is God, and Jesus is His son, the Bible will consistently teach that, it does not contradict, so if you observe a contradiction, it is your understanding/interpretation that is lacking sir.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Ronald Nolette It is indeed clear that Alpha and Omega in Revelation refers to the Lord Jesus, Who is eternal.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in saying that Ron, it is still not true. Jehovah is God, and Jesus is His son, the Bible will consistently teach that, it does not contradict, so if you observe a contradiction, it is your understanding/interpretation that is lacking sir.

Yes Yahweh is god and god is manifested in three entities, Father, Son and Spirit, SIR. Not it is not my understanding. I do not believe the bible is only written for special people to understand Like Romanism and Watchtower people are taught!

When Jesus is called Yahweh of Hosts, I believe it.

When Jesus is called equal to His Father, I believe it!

Proverbs 30:4
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Even before His incarnation- Jesus was God the Son! Once again, Jesus is not His Father. The Father is above the Son. But Jesus is equally divine as His Father. That is Scripture. Sir. It is not my understanding, but your Watchtrower Indoctrination that is sorely lacking in truth.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes Yahweh is god and god is manifested in three entities, Father, Son and Spirit, SIR. Not it is not my understanding. I do not believe the bible is only written for special people to understand Like Romanism and Watchtower people are taught!

When Jesus is called Yahweh of Hosts, I believe it.

When Jesus is called equal to His Father, I believe it!

Proverbs 30:4
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Even before His incarnation- Jesus was God the Son! Once again, Jesus is not His Father. The Father is above the Son. But Jesus is equally divine as His Father. That is Scripture. Sir. It is not my understanding, but your Watchtrower Indoctrination that is sorely lacking in truth.
@Ronald Nolette God in Three Persons is indeed deeply present in Scripture...

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette It is indeed clear that Alpha and Omega in Revelation refers to the Lord Jesus, Who is eternal.

Notice quotation mark use in Rev. concerning who is speaking and when they stop speaking.

NASB, Rev. 22:

10 And he [the angel] said to me, Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong still do wrong, and the one who is filthy still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous still practice righteousness, and the one who is holy still keep himself holy.” [angel speaking]

12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work deserves. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” [God speaking]

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they will have the right to the tree of life, and may enter the city by the gates. 15 Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral persons, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. [John’s words]

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you of these things [i]for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” [Jesus’ words]

Again, running the words of different individuals together does not prove they must be understood as all the same person

Compare NRSV, RSV, ESV, NEB, REB, etc.