Does God want us to use His name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scripture says the day you become saved I will have gained a brother.

What Scripture, as I am unaware of that. Actually the Bible teaches that salvation is yet a long way off. I guess you can be saved now, but that isn't exactly what the Bible teaches Taken, Mat 24:13.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, then what difference does it make? Aren't all of these names God? Then why can't I just call Him God?
So let's say, you move into a neighborhood with many different nationalities. You go to the first house and asks them who they worship (these folk are from Georgia--they say Jehovah, the next house is from France. Ask them and they say IHWH. Is it the same God? Yes. This is why i don't understand why such a big deal is made out of the name. I am learning Latin. I will call Him Deus. YHVH As for examples for stuff, I can do that too.
(The big deal is who He is, Our Creator, Giver of Life, who loves us so much He gave Jesus to die for us in our place, unmerited (Thank You , Lord.)
Anyway, here is the name for the 7th Day in many languages.
Arabic: Sabet
Armenian: Shabat
Bosnian: Subota
Bulgarian: Sabota
Corsican: Sàbatu
Croatian: Subota
Czech: Sobota
Georgian: Sabati
Greek: Savvato
Hebrew: Shabbat
Indonesian: Sabtu
Italian: Sabato
Latin: Sabbatum
Maltese: is-Sibt
Polish: Sobota
Portuguese: Sábado
Romanian: Sambata
Russian: Subbota
Serbian: Subota
Slovak: Sobota
Slovene: Sobota
Somali: Sabti
Spanish: Sabado
Sudanese: Saptu
Ukranian: Subota

No matter what ya call it, it's still the 7th day.

When Jesus came and proclaimed the name of the Lord, it wasn't to say, Oh, yes. His name is Jehovah. The people of Israel knew exactly who He was. Jesus came to proclaim the goodness of the Lord, and what His desires were for mankind. What good would it have been if He had said, Oh BTW the Lord's name is Jehovah. None. It was His character as a loving Father that was to be made known. He showed the Father by works of mercy.

His name differentiates Him from other gods Cassy, same as your name. Jesus used it and made it known, and since we are commanded to teach all the things he commanded, as his disciples we too use it and make it known. How important is it to use it? Romans 10:13

Reactions: The Disciple John

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Every single English Bible"...? Not quite true, as I stated in a previous post. I have over a dozen English translations in my library, that have restored the name throughout, and they all use YAHWEH. Other translation I have use JEHOVAH, but only in a few places.

No offense, you seem to be hung up on the name being JEHOVAH, all I'm saying and all scholars agree, we don't know what the name really is. So if you wish to refer to Him as such, fine. I'm privy to both YAHWEH/JEHOVAH, when speaking of Him, but FATHER when speaking to Him. As However as I stated, YAHWEH predates JEHOVAH.

So what is it you are trying to convince us of ... that God's name is JEHOVAH and we should use that name in our worship or that God has a name we can't pronounce so use whatever you think it is? It would be silly to say okay, I'll call him Joe, he knows I'm talking to him. I am of course being facetious. "Greg Stafford formed the Christian Witnesses of Jah. Does that name meet with your approval? It is after all a form of the name. Halleluyah or "Praise Yah". In fact the NTW uses "Praise Jah" in Psalm 147:1 and elsewhere. The Watchtower wrote

"To praise Jah: The expression “Praise Jah” comes from the Hebrew word “Hallelujah.”. Jah is the short form of the name of God." (WT July 2017, p. 20)​
Which leads to me another question, why JAH? Shouldn't it be JEH?

As Jesus stated in John 17:6, 26 "I have revealed Your name to the men You gave Me from the world." Is He saying that he told His Disciples, "My Fathers name is Jehovah"? Or was he revealing who the Father was through the name? As Jews, I'm sure the Disciples knew the name, but didn't quite know the person behind the name.

Let's look at this verse in context:
"Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: ‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’"
- Acts 15:14-17​

James quoted from the Old Testament: “On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages;
I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old; That they may possess the remnant of Edom, And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,”
Says the Lord who does this thing. (Amos 9:11,12). The key words used by James are “after this”; that is, after the calling of a sufficient number of Gentiles, after the Church is complete, would come the repairing of the covenant relationship with Israel along natural lines. These verses would be only a summary of what James said on that occasion. The calling of the Gentiles agreed with Scripture. After the Gentiles have been called out as a people for God’s name, the Jewish nation will be built again under the New Covenant. James was saying in effect, “You should not be so surprised about the Gentiles because God’s plan is to reconcile the world, the ‘residue of men.’ The Gentiles are in God’s plan in both the Gospel Age and the Millennial Age.” Paul states similar in Romans.

The Nation of Israel are God's Witnesses, which will be testified in due time. That's another discuss we can have if you which to delve into it. That being said, just before he ascended to the Father in heaven, Jesus told his disciples; "you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8. Now, you'll probably argue that Jesus was the ultimate Jehovah's Witness, and that as such we are to follow His example. That may be true, but remember, Jesus NEVER neglected to point to the Heavenly Father and give Him praise and honor. He told Satan, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ - Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8. But His last message to his Disciples was, "You shall be witnesses of me".

"Every single English Bible"...? Not quite true, as I stated in a previous post. I have over a dozen English translations in my library, that have restored the name throughout, and they all use YAHWEH. Other translation I have use JEHOVAH, but only in a few places.
As you can see they chose not to translate it into English, every single version that translates it into English renders it Jehovah. Once again Yahweh is Hebrew.

I am very hung up on Jehovah, as He is my God sir, and calling upon His name is a prerequisite for salvation.

Yes, Jesus used it, therefore his disciples use it as well.

The Kingdom was taken from the Nation of Israel, and given to a nation producing it's fruits sir, made up of people of all tribes, nations, peoples, and tongues.
(Matthew 21:42, 43) . . .Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.
(Revelation 5:9, 10) . . .“You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.” They are the Israel of God sir, Gal 6:16.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Yahweh is Hebrew sir, I speak in English. I did not translate YHWH to Jehovah in English, but I accept that every single English Bible that translated the tetragramaton into English unaltered, translated it Jehovah. I see that Jehovah prevented His name from being removed from the most popular English version ever the KJV even though the translators tried hard to remove it. No other explanation to me why they were unable to remove it, in fact after we released the NWT with the name restored, derivatives of the KJV was able to remove Jehovah from their versions. God's name is widely known now, so He is allowing it, although I know of no English version that was able to remove Jah.

Since Jehovah's name is pronounced differently in different languages and even with accents pronounced somewhat differently even inside the same language, it matters not to Him how it is pronounced. One thing is certain however, if you never use the name of an acquaintance, you will never ever have a close relationship with them. Also something to consider, if you never call on Jehovah's name, you will not have salvation either Rom 10:13.

People have been calling upon God using His name way before He had a covenanted people sir, it first occurs in Genesis 2:4 in the Bible. With the inception of the new covenant, Jehovah selected from among the nations a people for His name: (Acts 15:14) . . .Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.

Is there a people for Jehovah's name today Berean?
Very good post.
I am thinking of Malachi 3:16 (American Standard Version)
Then they that feared Jehovah spake one with another; and Jehovah hearkened, and heard, and a book of remembrance was written before him, for them that feared Jehovah, and that thought upon his name.
At least the ASV was much more honest than most.
Imagine thinking that knowing and using Gods name is "just a small thing", can cause one to not have their name writen in God's book.
It's as though Jehovah is saying, "You don't think my name is important? Wait... Who are you again? What's your name? Uh. Forgot to write it in my book. Sorry." Lol

In fact, I am thinking of a whole lot.
Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee;
For thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of Jehovah is a strong tower;
The righteous runneth into it, and is safe

Looks like some people won't be safe, when they really need protection. :(

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
You appear to be humble and sincere Vicky, great qualities maam. God did give Himself for you and others as well, how? He gave His only begotten son who also willing gave himself to bear the sins of others, thereby opening up the prospect to be back in harmony with God. Jn 3:16

I think it can be easier to understand, and it is fairly easy to see that some things foreshadow future events. Do you recognize that when Jehovah asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac, that it was bringing home the point of the sacrifice of Jesus? Abraham was not Isaac, nor is Jehovah, Jesus. Jehovah was represented by Abraham, and Jesus was represented by Isaac, even referring to him as Abraham's only begotten son.
(Hebrews 11:17) . . .By faith Abraham, when he was tested, as good as offered up Isaac—the man who had gladly received the promises attempted to offer up his only-begotten son. . .

I appreciate your humility and honesty maam, and hope to be able to display some of it myself.
For what it's worth, you have shown quite a lot of humility. Much more than you may think. Jehovah appreciates you very much for that. Keep it up.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Ok, then what difference does it make? Aren't all of these names God? Then why can't I just call Him God?
So let's say, you move into a neighborhood with many different nationalities. You go to the first house and asks them who they worship (these folk are from Georgia--they say Jehovah, the next house is from France. Ask them and they say IHWH. Is it the same God? Yes. This is why i don't understand why such a big deal is made out of the name. I am learning Latin. I will call Him Deus. YHVH As for examples for stuff, I can do that too.
(The big deal is who He is, Our Creator, Giver of Life, who loves us so much He gave Jesus to die for us in our place, unmerited (Thank You , Lord.)
Anyway, here is the name for the 7th Day in many languages.
Arabic: Sabet
Armenian: Shabat
Bosnian: Subota
Bulgarian: Sabota
Corsican: Sàbatu
Croatian: Subota
Czech: Sobota
Georgian: Sabati
Greek: Savvato
Hebrew: Shabbat
Indonesian: Sabtu
Italian: Sabato
Latin: Sabbatum
Maltese: is-Sibt
Polish: Sobota
Portuguese: Sábado
Romanian: Sambata
Russian: Subbota
Serbian: Subota
Slovak: Sobota
Slovene: Sobota
Somali: Sabti
Spanish: Sabado
Sudanese: Saptu
Ukranian: Subota

No matter what ya call it, it's still the 7th day.

When Jesus came and proclaimed the name of the Lord, it wasn't to say, Oh, yes. His name is Jehovah. The people of Israel knew exactly who He was. Jesus came to proclaim the goodness of the Lord, and what His desires were for mankind. What good would it have been if He had said, Oh BTW the Lord's name is Jehovah. None. It was His character as a loving Father that was to be made known. He showed the Father by works of mercy.
From these scriptures, would you say it matters to God? Forget about us for now, just think from God's point of view... from those scriptures.

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia

No offense, you seem to be hung up on the name being JEHOVAH, all I'm saying and all scholars agree, we don't know what the name really is. So if you wish to refer to Him as such, fine. I'm privy to both YAHWEH/JEHOVAH, when speaking of Him, but FATHER when speaking to Him. As However as I stated, YAHWEH predates JEHOVAH.

So what is it you are trying to convince us of ... that God's name is JEHOVAH and we should use that name in our worship or that God has a name we can't pronounce so use whatever you think it is? It would be silly to say okay, I'll call him Joe, he knows I'm talking to him. I am of course being facetious. "Greg Stafford formed the Christian Witnesses of Jah. Does that name meet with your approval? It is after all a form of the name. Halleluyah or "Praise Yah". In fact the NTW uses "Praise Jah" in Psalm 147:1 and elsewhere. The Watchtower wrote

"To praise Jah: The expression “Praise Jah” comes from the Hebrew word “Hallelujah.”. Jah is the short form of the name of God." (WT July 2017, p. 20)​
Which leads to me another question, why JAH? Shouldn't it be JEH?

As Jesus stated in John 17:6, 26 "I have revealed Your name to the men You gave Me from the world." Is He saying that he told His Disciples, "My Fathers name is Jehovah"? Or was he revealing who the Father was through the name? As Jews, I'm sure the Disciples knew the name, but didn't quite know the person behind the name.

Let's look at this verse in context:
"Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written: ‘After this I will return And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, And I will set it up; So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’"
- Acts 15:14-17​

James quoted from the Old Testament: “On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages;
I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old; That they may possess the remnant of Edom, And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,”
Says the Lord who does this thing. (Amos 9:11,12). The key words used by James are “after this”; that is, after the calling of a sufficient number of Gentiles, after the Church is complete, would come the repairing of the covenant relationship with Israel along natural lines. These verses would be only a summary of what James said on that occasion. The calling of the Gentiles agreed with Scripture. After the Gentiles have been called out as a people for God’s name, the Jewish nation will be built again under the New Covenant. James was saying in effect, “You should not be so surprised about the Gentiles because God’s plan is to reconcile the world, the ‘residue of men.’ The Gentiles are in God’s plan in both the Gospel Age and the Millennial Age.” Paul states similar in Romans.

The Nation of Israel are God's Witnesses, which will be testified in due time. That's another discuss we can have if you which to delve into it. That being said, just before he ascended to the Father in heaven, Jesus told his disciples; "you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” - Acts 1:8. Now, you'll probably argue that Jesus was the ultimate Jehovah's Witness, and that as such we are to follow His example. That may be true, but remember, Jesus NEVER neglected to point to the Heavenly Father and give Him praise and honor. He told Satan, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ - Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8. But His last message to his Disciples was, "You shall be witnesses of me".
It seems to me, Bob is saying God's name is widely accepted in Hebrew, as Yahweh. Gods name is widely known in English as Jehovah.
He speaks English, and so uses the English name Jehovah, but he has no problem with those who prefer to use Yahweh.

I am curious though, why does an English speaking person use a Hebrew name for the most important person in scripture, but use the English name of every other Character? Why not use the Hebrew name for Jeremiah, Jesus, etc.?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good post.
I am thinking of Malachi 3:16 (American Standard Version)
Then they that feared Jehovah spake one with another; and Jehovah hearkened, and heard, and a book of remembrance was written before him, for them that feared Jehovah, and that thought upon his name.
At least the ASV was much more honest than most.
Imagine thinking that knowing and using Gods name is "just a small thing", can cause one to not have their name writen in God's book.
It's as though Jehovah is saying, "You don't think my name is important? Wait... Who are you again? What's your name? Uh. Forgot to write it in my book. Sorry." Lol

In fact, I am thinking of a whole lot.
Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee;
For thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of Jehovah is a strong tower;
The righteous runneth into it, and is safe

Looks like some people won't be safe, when they really need protection. :(

Sad but true my brother, satan is very accomplished at what he does.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what it's worth, you have shown quite a lot of humility. Much more than you may think. Jehovah appreciates you very much for that. Keep it up.

Thanks much John, I would like to think that all of Jehovah's people display humility, it can be very difficult for sure, and it takes work. It is certainly not normal to us as imperfect humans, but I can say that age helps a great deal, I am 68, man where has the time flown to? ;)

Reactions: Lambano

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His name differentiates Him from other gods Cassy, same as your name. Jesus used it and made it known, and since we are commanded to teach all the things he commanded, as his disciples we too use it and make it known. How important is it to use it? Romans 10:13
(bolds mine.)

Careful. You may be opening up yourself to almost admitting that you need to keep God's Commandments. All 10 of them
max

Again, and let it be written on the books of heaven, I do not call my earthly father by his name. and I do not call my heavenly Father by his name. If someone were to ask me what His name was I would say YHWH. But I'm not going to use it in common manner. I think it is highly disrespectful. I really do.

@The Disciple John, you said
I am curious though, why does an English speaking person use a Hebrew name for the most important person in scripture, but use the English name of every other Character?
We use what we are given. The names in the KJV are the names I use.
I have family that are Hispanic. I don't call them by the English equivalent of their names. I call them what i am given to call them.
And while we are talking about not giving God His right name, you do that in that you do not consider Christ as God. He doesn't get His name. His name is Creator, too.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Scripture, as I am unaware of that.

Matt 18:3, 11, 15.

Actually the Bible teaches that salvation is yet a long way off.

What is the perspective meaning of “a long way off”?
How long ?

I guess you can be saved now, but that isn't exactly what the Bible teaches Taken, Mat 24:13.

Matt 24:13
Teaches “a man” who Shall ENDURE to THE END, SHALL BE SAVED.

Sure. Have covered that EFFORT of “a man”, ENDURING, ie. Remaining IN BELIEF, to the END of his OWN physical Life, By His “OWN power”....SHALL be Saved.
^ That man lives IN HOPE.

And...??? That Does NOT Apply, to “a man” who has Accepted Jesus’ OFFERING to Become MADE SAVED, and KEPT SAVED...
By the POWER of God...IN that man.
^ That man lives IN Christ, IN ASSURANCE.

I do not “hope”, for what I already HAVE.

Glory to God,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But as God said and inspired Paul to write:

Philippians 2:6-11
King James Version

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

THE NAME OF JESUS IS MORE IMPORTANT NOW AND MORE HIGHLY EXALTED THAN THE NAME YAHWEH!
@Ronald Nolette

Such a glorious passage!

"Thus found in fashion as a man,
All blameless, spotless, pure,
He was obedient unto death,
Sin's judgment to endure."

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua is the Hebrew Name for Jesus. It means "Yahweh [the Lord] is Salvation."

Phil 2:
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(bolds mine.)

Careful. You may be opening up yourself to almost admitting that you need to keep God's Commandments. All 10 of them
max

Again, and let it be written on the books of heaven, I do not call my earthly father by his name. and I do not call my heavenly Father by his name. If someone were to ask me what His name was I would say YHWH. But I'm not going to use it in common manner. I think it is highly disrespectful. I really do.

@The Disciple John, you said
We use what we are given. The names in the KJV are the names I use.
I have family that are Hispanic. I don't call them by the English equivalent of their names. I call them what i am given to call them.
And while we are talking about not giving God His right name, you do that in that you do not consider Christ as God. He doesn't get His name. His name is Creator, too.

There is way more than 10 commandments for us Christians Cassy, as you likely know. We are actually still under obligation to obey 9 of those commandments, the Sabbath is no longer a requirement for Christians, or if we read it wrong, we are in a heap of trouble.

God only has one name maam, Jehovah. That is what your KJV says very clearly Ps 83:18. There are certainly many titles given to many throughout the Bible, Creator is a title. May I ask you if you know what Christ means Cassy?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is way more than 10 commandments for us Christians Cassy, as you likely know. We are actually still under obligation to obey 9 of those commandments, the Sabbath is no longer a requirement for Christians, or if we read it wrong, we are in a heap of trouble.

God only has one name maam, Jehovah. That is what your KJV says very clearly Ps 83:18. There are certainly many titles given to many throughout the Bible, Creator is a title. May I ask you if you know what Christ means Cassy?

Wrong Jesus is called Yahweh!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 18:3, 11, 15.

What is the perspective meaning of “a long way off”?
How long ?

Matt 24:13
Teaches “a man” who Shall ENDURE to THE END, SHALL BE SAVED.

Sure. Have covered that EFFORT of “a man”, ENDURING, ie. Remaining IN BELIEF, to the END of his OWN physical Life, By His “OWN power”....SHALL be Saved.
^ That man lives IN HOPE.

And...??? That Does NOT Apply, to “a man” who has Accepted Jesus’ OFFERING to Become MADE SAVED, and KEPT SAVED...
By the POWER of God...IN that man.
^ That man lives IN Christ, IN ASSURANCE.

I do not “hope”, for what I already HAVE.

Glory to God,
Taken

By golly Taken, I am going to agree with your statement, the day we are both saved, we will in fact be brothers. So I am making the assumption since you made that statement, you must be a male, please correct me if I am in error.

Saved in actuality is short for Salvation. Salvation means receiving the gift of everlasting life. Anointed Christians who are redeemed from the earth receive immortality upon their resurrection when they die. The rest of Christians do not come to life until they are tested by the release of satan after the Millennial rule of Christ Rev 20:5, 7,8. I am not anointed, so it is a millennium away for me sir.

Those who die and have not sinned against the holy spirit will receive a resurrection, but before they receive everlasting life, they have to face the test of the release of satan at the end of the 1k yrs. Do you understand Taken?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put it to the test Ron, where? I think when you research it you will find that Jesus is actually called Yeshua in Hebrew sir.

Yes His earthly name is Jesus sir. But He is called Yahweh at least three times sir. YOu can even look it up in teh New World Mistranslation , sir!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes His earthly name is Jesus sir. But He is called Yahweh at least three times sir. YOu can even look it up in teh New World Mistranslation , sir!

In the words of the Duke, not hardly. You have yet to show a place, know why you are unable? It is simply not a fact.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the words of the Duke, not hardly. You have yet to show a place, know why you are unable? It is simply not a fact.

I have showed you twice already on other threads, you just refuse to accept them.

But for the third time:

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

both instances of Lord here are Yahweh in the Hebrew. Two people, Yahweh, King of Israel, and Yahweh of hosts, Yahweh King of Israels redeemer.

“In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple,” (Isaiah 6:1).

No man may look upon th4e Father and lice- but Isaiah saw Yahweh!

Hosea is a prophecy from Yahweh to Israel, and Yahweh concludes the prophecy by saying this:

15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

When did Yahweh leave heaven? when Jesus became man and though being equal to god emptied Himself!

there are more if you need them.