Does God want us to use His name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have showed you twice already on other threads, you just refuse to accept them.

But for the third time:

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

both instances of Lord here are Yahweh in the Hebrew. Two people, Yahweh, King of Israel, and Yahweh of hosts, Yahweh King of Israels redeemer.

“In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple,” (Isaiah 6:1).

No man may look upon th4e Father and lice- but Isaiah saw Yahweh!

Hosea is a prophecy from Yahweh to Israel, and Yahweh concludes the prophecy by saying this:

15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

When did Yahweh leave heaven? when Jesus became man and though being equal to god emptied Himself!

there are more if you need them.

Like you personally stated Isa is speaking about Jehovah.

As far as Hosea 5, it is speaking of Jehovah as well, however not about a place, that was simply your interpretation. It was speaking about Jehovah's favor, He turned His back on them so to speak until as the verse stated, until they bear their guilt. The very next verse encouraged the people to return to Jehovah.

Care to give another example sir?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you personally stated Isa is speaking about Jehovah.

As far as Hosea 5, it is speaking of Jehovah as well, however not about a place, that was simply your interpretation. It was speaking about Jehovah's favor, He turned His back on them so to speak until as the verse stated, until they bear their guilt. The very next verse encouraged the people to return to Jehovah.

Care to give another example sir?

No that is not my interpretation but what is written! Yes and Yahweh never came to earth and returned. But Jesus said that in Matt.

If you will not accept what is written in th verses I gave you why should I give you anymore? You just redefine words to make them mean something other than written.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not my interpretation but what is written! Yes and Yahweh never came to earth and returned. But Jesus said that in Matt.

If you will not accept what is written in th verses I gave you why should I give you anymore? You just redefine words to make them mean something other than written.

Great, I fully agree that Jehovah never came to earth and returned. That is not exactly what you said before Ron, if you follow the conversations back.

Yes His earthly name is Jesus sir. But He is called Yahweh at least three times sir. YOu can even look it up in teh New World Mistranslation , sir!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, I fully agree that Jehovah never came to earth and returned. That is not exactly what you said before Ron, if you follow the conversations back.

Yes His earthly name is Jesus sir. But He is called Yahweh at least three times sir. YOu can even look it up in teh New World Mistranslation , sir!

Yes Yahweh came to earth! when God became Flesh. You have to go someplace to be able to return someplace. Just in case you didn't know that simple truth.

And only Jesus left heaven to return. Not God the Father.

Also Yahweh appeared to Abraham in Genesis 19. Not a perception but an appearance in person with two angels! But no one can see God teh Father and as John said in his gospel no one has seen teh Father at any time! So this is a preincarnate appearance of Yahweh Jesus!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Yahweh came to earth! when God became Flesh. You have to go someplace to be able to return someplace. Just in case you didn't know that simple truth.

And only Jesus left heaven to return. Not God the Father.

Also Yahweh appeared to Abraham in Genesis 19. Not a perception but an appearance in person with two angels! But no one can see God teh Father and as John said in his gospel no one has seen teh Father at any time! So this is a preincarnate appearance of Yahweh Jesus!

See Ron, I knew you didn't believe it, it is difficult to address your concerns when you contradict yourself sir. The simple truth is exactly what Jesus said, God sent him, His son Jn 3:16. You can quote the verse, you know it, now simply believe it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Ron, I knew you didn't believe it, it is difficult to address your concerns when you contradict yourself sir. The simple truth is exactly what Jesus said, God sent him, His son Jn 3:16. You can quote the verse, you know it, now simply believe it.

Correct! Yahweh the Father sent Yahweh the Son to earth, Then when Yahweh the son was one earth He fulfilled that quote

Matthew 23:37-39
King James Version

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does God want us to use His name?
Only if it's hallowed......any misrepresentations qualify as vanity!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! Yahweh the Father sent Yahweh the Son to earth, Then when Yahweh the son was one earth He fulfilled that quote

Matthew 23:37-39
King James Version

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

You have erred Ron, reexamine the evidence, Yahweh the Father sent Yeshua the son Jn 3:16. You may be getting confused by trying to use Hebrew, and only full Hebrew Bibles will record Jesus' name in Hebrew, as far as I know anyway. Jesus is never called Jehovah in any language, perhaps doing a thorough examination of the English versions might be more understandable sir.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have erred Ron, reexamine the evidence, Yahweh the Father sent Yeshua the son Jn 3:16. You may be getting confused by trying to use Hebrew, and only full Hebrew Bibles will record Jesus' name in Hebrew, as far as I know anyway. Jesus is never called Jehovah in any language, perhaps doing a thorough examination of the English versions might be more understandable sir.

And you reject the times the Son before He was given His human name is known also as Yahweh! Because Yahweh is a triune God. The term triune is made up but it describes who God is perfectly.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you reject the times the Son before He was given His human name is known also as Yahweh! Because Yahweh is a triune God. The term triune is made up but it describes who God is perfectly.

Sorry sir, not a Bible teaching. Actually the main reason God gave the name babylon the great to the harlot as it was a babylonian teaching

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry sir, not a Bible teaching. Actually the main reason God gave the name babylon the great to the harlot as it was a babylonian teaching

Well when you stand before the Lord you will find out how wrong yhou are. I pity you. Not because you reject the divinity of Jesus, but because you reject His physical resurrection from the dead. If you die that way, you will find out that people live for eternity ion the lake of fire with no chance for escape.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well when you stand before the Lord you will find out how wrong yhou are. I pity you. Not because you reject the divinity of Jesus, but because you reject His physical resurrection from the dead. If you die that way, you will find out that people live for eternity ion the lake of fire with no chance for escape.

I always strive to live the faith sir, and I am always open to discuss it if someone feels I am not living up to it. I am far from perfect and constantly learning even from those not of my faith, so if you observe something that I can improve upon please mention it, especially if you see something I am teaching incorrectly. I am looking forward to it Ron, and if you do have a valid point, you will help in my progression as a Christian, so please do not hesitate to post it. If your point is not valid according to Scripture, then I will give you the scriptural reason on why I believe the way I do on the subject.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always strive to live the faith sir, and I am always open to discuss it if someone feels I am not living up to it. I am far from perfect and constantly learning even from those not of my faith, so if you observe something that I can improve upon please mention it, especially if you see something I am teaching incorrectly. I am looking forward to it Ron, and if you do have a valid point, you will help in my progression as a Christian, so please do not hesitate to post it. If your point is not valid according to Scripture, then I will give you the scriptural reason on why I believe the way I do on the subject.

Well as Paul said, I can freely agree that Jehovahs Witnesses have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge.

I have given you several places you can learn from, but your Watchtower indoctrination is blocking you from learning. That is the sad reality! they use twisting arguments to defend their retranslation of simple grammar. In this they mirror the Roman Church, which also happens to be teh one true channel of communication on earth!

Ok, you are teaching incorrectly that Jesus is not called Yahweh in the Scriptures. You do so by reinterpreting simple passages to make them mean something that is not written, and then defend it by saying the bible has many symbolic passages. The Bible does have symbolic passages, but God is a God of order and as He created grammar, He uses teh grammar rules He created for us to communicate with us!

The Watchtower is just one of many organizations that reinterpret the SCriptures and claim God showed them the truth. And like I tell all others, if I am not to take God at His Word, why should I take you at your word when you try to explain a passage to say it doesn't say wht is written.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as Paul said, I can freely agree that Jehovahs Witnesses have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge.

I have given you several places you can learn from, but your Watchtower indoctrination is blocking you from learning. That is the sad reality! they use twisting arguments to defend their retranslation of simple grammar. In this they mirror the Roman Church, which also happens to be teh one true channel of communication on earth!

Ok, you are teaching incorrectly that Jesus is not called Yahweh in the Scriptures. You do so by reinterpreting simple passages to make them mean something that is not written, and then defend it by saying the bible has many symbolic passages. The Bible does have symbolic passages, but God is a God of order and as He created grammar, He uses teh grammar rules He created for us to communicate with us!

The Watchtower is just one of many organizations that reinterpret the SCriptures and claim God showed them the truth. And like I tell all others, if I am not to take God at His Word, why should I take you at your word when you try to explain a passage to say it doesn't say wht is written.

I gave you the opportunity to show Jesus being called Yahweh, but you were unable to do it. So if you care to try again, more power to you sir.

The Watchtower you have mentioned many times, not myself. I discuss the Bible, it is God's inspired word, so forget your hangup with the Watchtower, as it is irrelevant, and very likely a childish dig of which I have no care to mudsling.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the opportunity to show Jesus being called Yahweh, but you were unable to do it. So if you care to try again, more power to you sir.

The Watchtower you have mentioned many times, not myself. I discuss the Bible, it is God's inspired word, so forget your hangup with the Watchtower, as it is irrelevant, and very likely a childish dig of which I have no care to mudsling.
Ron’s beliefs apparently are an interpretation. He says ours are a reinterpretation. Ron’s Bible is a translation. Ours is a retranslation. I think I see a pattern.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I gave you three instances and you rejected them, why should I provide more so you can just reject them out of the Watchtower training you have been indoctrinated in?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron’s beliefs apparently are an interpretation. He says ours are a reinterpretation. Ron’s Bible is a translation. Ours is a retranslation. I think I see a pattern.

Most versions of the Bible are a retranslation David, being updated over time. But I definitely understand what you are saying, and I agree, it is his interpretation, not actually what his Bible is stating. All he has to do is just a small amount of research to realize that Jesus in Hebrew will end up being Yeshua, and more properly rendered Joshua in English, but Yahweh is always referring to Jehovah, and is His pronounced name in Hebrew.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you three instances and you rejected them, why should I provide more so you can just reject them out of the Watchtower training you have been indoctrinated in?

No sir, you have not given one instance. Why not post it from a Hebrew Bible, one which clearly uses Yahweh, and then post an English version that renders it Jesus. Again I believe you will find that it will be Yeshua, not Yahweh.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, you have not given one instance. Why not post it from a Hebrew Bible, one which clearly uses Yahweh, and then post an English version that renders it Jesus. Again I believe you will find that it will be Yeshua, not Yahweh.

You are right I didn't give one instance-- I gave you three verses and you rejected them. Sorry but I can't dictate your thinknig.