Does It Matter To You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
So Matthew 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

Luke 12:40 "Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

Revelation 3:3 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."

What does it mean to be ready, for you do not know the time the Son of Man cometh? What does this mean, as far as what will be going on at the Lord's Return, to gather HIS people together and take them home? Re-reading the verses above, it strikes me that there will be NO fanfare, NO Angels singing, NO Bright Star to mark the spot...there will be nothing at all. I would think, that "As a Thief" would be enough of an analogy of that particular time, it certainly begs the thoughts of a prudent man.

What if it means that there will be a lull in natural disasters, a period of no Super-Hurricanes or Super Volcanoes or Earthquakes. What if there is a lull of war and strife, if for nothing more than a day?! Would you be willing to make a bet on such an occurrence? Better yet, would you be ready for the Rapture of the Church of Jesus Christ?! A coming together of all the children and babies, those adults that belong to Jesus Christ...and then suddenly they are gone?!

Luke 17:34-36 "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

Matthew 24:40-42 "Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know NOT what hour your Lord doth come."

Where will you be?! At home asleep? At work making a living?! What will you be doing at that time?! Come on people! This is NOT Rocket Science, as I have stated before! Is it enough for you to recognize that you have such short life, that there must be some other reason for being born and living here on earth?! How many Loved ones have you buried, before you see that all their things and money, stay right here?! You leave this earth just like you came into it, with nothing physical, except your body! When are you going to connect the dots, fill in the blanks and see what all is going on here in Life?!

Your "Things" are just like your "Life" here on earth...they are temporary...at best! Simple deductive reasoning will tell you that! The Holy Word of God has outlasted every other Book known to man, it is filled with the Wisdom of the Ages, as given to you and I by God! At the least, it is 4500 years old and that being the case and if we are willing to believe the Prophecies of the Bible, it is the ONLY Book of it's kind! Having stated just that alone, wouldn't you think it would be worth reading?!

Does it matter to you, that the Word of God tells us everything that is going to take place...BEFORE it happens...and it's been there to read for so long?! And then you read all the articles here on this site and everyone is saying almost the exact same thing...doesn't that make you wonder if maybe the Bible is true?! Or do you require a satellite to fall on your head first?! How many people do you need to sound the alarms and sirens before you begin to wonder if there is something coming and very, very, soon?! How many different ways does it have to be said, or written, before you begin to think that maybe something is about to happen?!

I guess the best question must be, "Does it matter to you...WHERE...you spend Eternity?!"