Does Jesus save gay Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

• Total voters

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word says==Romans 1:18-32
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope so. I have some friends and relatives and co-workers and fellow church members who are gay. Some of these people mean a lot to me. Some are Christians, and for those who aren't, I pray to God they become so. But unless God does something miraculous with their hearts (and yes, He has been known to do that), they probably will always have the same-sex attraction.

Reactions: Patrick1966

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope so. I have some friends and relatives and co-workers and fellow church members who are gay. Some of these people mean a lot to me. Some are Christians, and for those who aren't, I pray to God they become so. But unless God does something miraculous with their hearts (and yes, He has been known to do that), they probably will always have the same-sex attraction.
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus saves all that believe, confess and repent and accept Jesus as their lord and Savior. and you???

Reactions: RedRobyn

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will save ANYBODY that sincerely asks to be Saved.....remember the Sinful Publican That cried out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me a Sinner”...... it’s like that.
“ ANYBODY that asks for Mercy shall receive it”....
The secret of Christianity .... the Secret for getting Saved , is seeing the NEED for that Mercy.....
“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” ....the Spirit draws men by the Conviction Of Sin and showing men the Need for Mercy and Grace....

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will save ANYBODY that sincerely asks to be Saved.....remember the Sinful Publican That cried out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me a Sinner”...... it’s like that.
“ ANYBODY that asks for Mercy shall receive it”....
The secret of Christianity .... the Secret for getting Saved , is seeing the NEED for that Mercy.....
“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” ....the Spirit draws men by the Conviction Of Sin and showing men the Need for Mercy and Grace....
God is unwilling that any perish but many reject God and thus choose hell!!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly don't know if Jesus will save a homosexual. Just like I don't know if he will save me, a sinner. God will decide that and Jesus is judge, jury and executioner.

Homosexuals are in need of repentance, and we know repentance comes with works meet for repentance. So I would teach them to repent.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not saved by works lest any boast!
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it helps to know that God hates the sin, NOT the sinner. Anyone who repents and follows the laws of God are acceptable to him.
Repentance is all that God requires because Christ has paid for all sin......so it is with those who have gender dysphoria (something that is a recognized medical condition) All illicit sex is against God's law, no matter the gender....so, all humans can make conscious choices about lifestyle, and refrain from forming relationships that God forbids.....it is their sacrifice to God.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it helps to know that God hates the sin, NOT the sinner. Anyone who repents and follows the laws of God are acceptable to him.
Repentance is all that God requires because Christ has paid for all sin......so those who have gender dysphoria (something that is a recognized medical condition) All illicit sex is against God's law, no matter the gender....so, all humans can make conscious choices about lifestyle, and refrain from forming relationships that God forbids.....it is their sacrifice to God.
Jesus says you are forgiven NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE!!! And you??

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not saved by works lest any boast!
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..
Wrong, Jesus has spelled out in the bible that sinners go to hell. He made that very clear. He also spelled out that sinners that confess they are sinners and in need of repentance may be saved. And we also are told in the bible to repent, provide works. Why give this great parable of the prodigal son and the lost sheep if repentance isn't necessary for salvation. that's silly GISMYS_7. Read the bible some more and then maybe your doctrine will be correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says you are forgiven NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE!!! And you??
As long as a person does not slip back into old habits or ways, they will retain forgiveness. (2 Peter 2:20-22) Any lapses will need genuine repentance because weakness is not necessarily wickedness. Jehovah knows when someone is truly sorry for offending him.

“Go and sin no more” means what it says.....if God could forgive Manasseh, then he can forgive anyone.