Does John 5:24-29 contradict the belief that one must believe in Jesus to avoid eternal death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dflee17

Jun 23, 2023
BILOXI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:5
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?

That sounds pretty clear to me that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, and not a single angel, Arc or otherwise, can be found in scripture to say they SHARE in being Gods ONLY begotten Son. If anyone has a verse that say's this, I would love for you to share it.
Where does it say Jesus. You a simple reading between the lines.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Hebrews 1:4-6
^^^^^For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?^^^^^ And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:24-29 esv

24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

In verse 24 Jesus says that believers have "eternal" life.

In verse 29 Jesus says those resurrected who did "good" will have life. Notice Jesus said nothing about faith or belief.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm gleaning that believers in Jesus go straight to Heaven. Unbelievers are DEAD in the ground until their resurrection on the last day but those unbelievers that were nevertheless Godly people will remain among the living forever.
Believers spirits and souls go to heaven, but our bodies go to ground.

The good that gains eternal life is trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for our sin payment. No matter how much good one does, their sin debtr has to be accounted for. they either trust Jesus, or pay the debt themselves.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

^^^^^For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?^^^^^ And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
I don't know of any man that God's angels worshiped other than Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what happens to those resurrected who had done good?
You mean these . THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD , NONE that is RIGHTEOUS .
OH if they reject JESUS THEY BURN .
The sooner you realize that ALL OF MANKIND has fallen far short of the GLORY and RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD
the SOONER you gonna start preaching some serious TRUTH .
And that is this . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary figured out what was NEEDED . took martha a while . BUT WHEN JESUS TOLD HER
i am hopeful she repented .
NOw what i say to one is what i say to all .
THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS TRULY NEEDFUL . MARY CHOSE THAT PART
I SUGGEST EVERYONE DO THE SAME .
SHE BELEIVED and SAT IN TOTAL SUBMISSION TO CHRIST AT HIS FEET . NOW GO and do likewise

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, how many begotten Sons' of God are there?
as for the number i dont know . But as for who are the begotten
THOSE WHO SIT AT THE FEET OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON CHRIST JESUS .
We are begat cause we SAT . AT HIS FEET . HE saved the lambs , he saved us .
I am getting so wore out with these folks being allowed to teach a false universal lie that leads to perditoin .
OH I KNOW YOU BELIEVE DEAR SISTER . But i am getting wore out with these folks
who no matter how many times they get told YE MUST believe
KEEP On refusing to hear it and keep on preaching an all inclusive universal broad lie .
So read my next post for a serious reminder . ITS SOMETHING YOU ALREADY KNOW .
But watch how simple it is . Just watch how simple this truth i say next is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello nancy and all .
I want the true lambs to be reminded about something .
What was the FIRST LIE that the serpent ever said to mankind .
HE told eve something .
FIRST GOD had told them . YE MUST NOT EAT of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
FOR IN the day ye eat thereof YE SHALL SURELY DIE .
Notice the serpent now , OH , YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE .
NOW WHICH ONE TURNED OUT RIGHT . GOD OR THE SERPENT . GOD DID . DEATH CAME UPON THEM AND ALL
MANKIND EVER SINCE .
THEY , as in EVE and her husband chose to heed the serpent , to believe IN HIS LIE that they WOULD NOT DIE ,
WELL that didnt work out did it .
Now lets forward to THE DAYS OF CHRIST .
JESUS , more than once said those who reject the gospel WILL PERISH , WILL BE DAMNNED .
BUT today we get told , NAY , nay if you dont believe SURELY YOU WONT PERISH , BE DAMNED .
ARE WE GONNA BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST , GOD , OR are gonna do as ADAM and EVE DID
and listen to the liar . SEE how simple this is .
IF JESUS SAID IT BELIEVE IT . DO NOT BELIEVE what men try and say who come along and say OH YE SHALL NOT SURELY PERISH
CAUSE I AM TELLING US ALL , GOD SAID IT < JESUS SAID , YE WILL PERISH IF YE REJECT CHRIST . A FACT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thats right sister . YOU POINT TO JESUS CHRIST TILL THE LAST BREATH

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, how many begotten Sons' of God are there?
Hello nancy and all .
I want the true lambs to be reminded about something .
What was the FIRST LIE that the serpent ever said to mankind .
HE told eve something .
FIRST GOD had told them . YE MUST NOT EAT of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
FOR IN the day ye eat thereof YE SHALL SURELY DIE .
Notice the serpent now , OH , YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE .
NOW WHICH ONE TURNED OUT RIGHT . GOD OR THE SERPENT . GOD DID . DEATH CAME UPON THEM AND ALL
MANKIND EVER SINCE .
THEY , as in EVE and her husband chose to heed the serpent , to believe IN HIS LIE that they WOULD NOT DIE ,
WELL that didnt work out did it .
Now lets forward to THE DAYS OF CHRIST .
JESUS , more than once said those who reject the gospel WILL PERISH , WILL BE DAMNNED .
BUT today we get told , NAY , nay if you dont believe SURELY YOU WONT PERISH , BE DAMNED .
ARE WE GONNA BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST , GOD , OR are gonna do as ADAM and EVE DID
and listen to the liar . SEE how simple this is .
IF JESUS SAID IT BELIEVE IT . DO NOT BELIEVE what men try and say who come along and say OH YE SHALL NOT SURELY PERISH
CAUSE I AM TELLING US ALL , GOD SAID IT < JESUS SAID , YE WILL PERISH IF YE REJECT CHRIST . A FACT .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael is not Jesus. He is like the lead angel. Yes, there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus.
1 Thess 4:16=Upon Jesus return he comes with the trumpet of God( announcing this ride( Rev 6:1-2) and with the voice of the archangel)--its his voice. That ride of the white horse= the war in heaven, Michael took that ride, yet verse 2 he receives his crown-Only Jesus is getting the crown.--Dan 12:1--It is Michael who stands up for Gods chosen in the last days.
One must go through Jesus to get to the Father.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much? That seems generous.
This is all that is needed= 1 Thess 4:16--Upon Jesus return, he comes with the trumpet of God( announcing this ride( Rev 6:1-2) and with the voice of the archangel) --its his voice.
Rev 6:1-2 = the war in heaven, Michael took that ride, yet verse 2 he receives his crown--only Jesus is getting the crown.
Dan 12:1--Itis Michael who stands up for Gods chosen in these last days.

Reactions: St. SteVen