Does one need to study the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Wormwood said:
So Jesus told you to go tell people how much better and more sinless you are then them....which makes you a child of God while they are all children of the devil even though they trust in Christ and hope in God's mercy through the cross? Yeah, most people wont like that....and btw...I don't think that chest-pounding message comes from Jesus.
[SIZE=16pt]I am a prophet. A prophet’s job is to bring a message from God to his Church. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]People do not normally much like what a prophet has to tell them.[/SIZE]

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Love is a verb. To love is to do. To love God one has to live his Commandments.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The feeling of love is just an emotion. Feelings are not dependable. Satan manipulates feelings. So to prove one loves him or her, he or she does for the one who is loved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]The feeling of love is just an emotion? Yet the scriptures say that God is love. [/SIZE]1John 4:8 Because God is love, and everyone who does not love does not know God.
1John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
John 13: …34"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 “Every person will know by this that you are my disciples, if you shall have love one to the other.”
1Cor. 13: 13 And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
How can we love God when we don't love others? 1John 4:20 If a man says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
So if love is to do then we will love others and then we will love God. If we don't love others then we don't love God.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
truthquest said:
[SIZE=16pt]The feeling of love is just an emotion? Yet the scriptures say that God is love. [/SIZE]1John 4:8 Because God is love, and everyone who does not love does not know God.
1John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
John 13: …34"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 “Every person will know by this that you are my disciples, if you shall have love one to the other.”
1Cor. 13: 13 And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
How can we love God when we don't love others? 1John 4:20 If a man says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
So if love is to do then we will love others and then we will love God. If we don't love others then we don't love God.
[SIZE=16pt]That is right if we love other people that proves we love God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Obeying God’s Commandments is loving other people. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Not having money stored is obeying God. We are loving people by giving people the money we would have stored up for ourselves. We are also loving God by trusting God instead of money.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]God said love your enemies, by not killing our enemies we are obeying God, and loving people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said give to whom ever ask, we give what we have two of to others, we are obeying God, and loving others. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]One can’t love God, nor people until he or she receives the Holy Spirit has the Holy Spirit give him or her the grace to obey God. [/SIZE]

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]That is right if we love other people that proves we love God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Obeying God’s Commandments is loving other people. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Not having money stored is obeying God. We are loving people by giving people the money we would have stored up for ourselves. We are also loving God by trusting God instead of money.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]God said love your enemies, by not killing our enemies we are obeying God, and loving people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said give to whom ever ask, we give what we have two of to others, we are obeying God, and loving others. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]One can’t love God, nor people until he or she receives the Holy Spirit has the Holy Spirit give him or her the grace to obey God. [/SIZE]
One can't love God and only focus on the faults and sins of others. This is not the way Jesus loves us or the way he wants us to love others.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
truthquest said:
One can't love God and only focus on the faults and sins of others. This is not the way Jesus loves us or the way he wants us to love others.
[SIZE=16pt]So you know what I need to do to love God, do you?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I obey Jesus is everything that is done by me. Jesus’ will is my will.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]It is scripture that I quote that is telling people they are not of God if they sin. [/SIZE]

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]So you know what I need to do to love God, do you?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I obey Jesus is everything that is done by me. Jesus’ will is my will.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]It is scripture that I quote that is telling people they are not of God if they sin. [/SIZE]
I know how Jesus loves us and it is not by only focusing on our faults and sins. If he did that then who could stand?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 2:4
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
Romans 2:4
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
[SIZE=16pt]Because I never said any such thing. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Now quote the whole scripture and let everyone see who it was he was addressing. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I know he was not addressing Spiritual Christians. [/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Unfortunately, Johnlove, you draw attention to yourself and not Christ. This must really grieve you because I know you want to draw attention to Christ. A prophetic word draws attention to Christ.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
Unfortunately, Johnlove, you draw attention to yourself and not Christ. This must really grieve you because I know you want to draw attention to Christ. A prophetic word draws attention to Christ.
[SIZE=16pt]What does that have to do with if one needs to read a bible or not?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Does your opinion of how I do my Job, help the discussion? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus tells me I am doing as he wants me to do, and his opinion is the only one that matters to me.[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
What does that have to do with if one needs to read a bible or not?
Does your opinion of how I do my Job, help the discussion?
Jesus tells me I am doing as he wants me to do, and his opinion is the only one that matters to me.
You won't be able to do a very good job if you keep quoting corrupted verses.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
I already did. Look at my post on the Spirit dwelling in us.
[SIZE=16pt]I answered that and you were making assumptions that the Holy Spirit was dwelling in people who were still sinners.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul was talking to spiritual Christians. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
I answered that and you were making assumptions that the Holy Spirit was dwelling in people who were still sinners.
Paul was talking to spiritual Christians.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”
The Holy Spirit is indwelling believers not unbelievers. The operative phrase in first Corinthians chapter 3:1-3 is "in Christ ". How do you think the ongoing process of sanctification operates in a believer's life if they don't have the Holy Spirit?

2 Thess 2:13
But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

Ongoing process; you get washed with the word, daily.

Ephesians. 5:26
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

If we were sanctified completely, Paul would not have said this:

I Thess. 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
The Holy Spirit is indwelling believers not unbelievers. The operative phrase in first Corinthians chapter 3:1-3 is "in Christ "
. How do you think the ongoing process of sanctification operates in a believer's life if they don't have the Holy Spirit?
[SIZE=16pt]We are given the Holy Spirit like we are given angles to guard us. There is no indwelling just one is given the Holy Spirit to watch over, teach, and give the grace to live God’s Word.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Personally I don’t believe many people who have been baptized in Jesus’ name truly have the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Acts 8: 14-17) “When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, and they went down there and prayed for them to receive the Holy Spirit, for as yet he had not come down on any of them: they had only been baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I know the Holy Spirit was given people before having an apostle lay hand on him or her, but in most all cases an apostle was involved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Being an apostle is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Most churches don’t even believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also the bishops/apostles today are just people that are given an office of bishop. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I believe if one has the Holy Spirit he or she will have the magnifications of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Having the magnifications of the gifts was the evidence the apostles saw that confirmed that those they laid hands on were given the Holy Spirit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Personally I walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit before even knowing what the gifts were. [/SIZE]
But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

Is that so?
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[SIZE=16pt]Not deliberately sinning is the first step in becoming perfect.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Learning to live God’s Word may take some time. Not living all of God’s Word is sin, but if one has not been taught or healed enough so he or she can live God Word, then it is not a deliberate sin, but one he or she does not know they are doing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]When one is able to live God’s Word totally then he or she is sanctified completely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]It is deliberate sin that makes on a rebel, and of the devil. [/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
The Holy Spirit is indwelling believers not unbelievers. The operative phrase in first Corinthians chapter 3:1-3 is "in Christ "

. How do you think the ongoing process of sanctification operates in a believer's life if they don't have the Holy Spirit?
We are given the Holy Spirit like we are given angles to guard us. There is no indwelling just one is given the Holy Spirit to watch over, teach, and give the grace to live God’s Word.
Personally I don’t believe many people who have been baptized in Jesus’ name truly have the Holy Spirit.

(Acts 8: 14-17) “When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, and they went down there and prayed for them to receive the Holy Spirit, for as yet he had not come down on any of them: they had only been baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.”
I know the Holy Spirit was given people before having an apostle lay hand on him or her, but in most all cases an apostle was involved.
Being an apostle is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Most churches don’t even believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Also the bishops/apostles today are just people that are given an office of bishop.

I believe if one has the Holy Spirit he or she will have the magnifications of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Having the magnifications of the gifts was the evidence the apostles saw that confirmed that those they laid hands on were given the Holy Spirit.

Personally I walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit before even knowing what the gifts were.

Is that so?
Not deliberately sinning is the first step in becoming perfect.

Learning to live God’s Word may take some time. Not living all of God’s Word is sin, but if one has not been taught or healed enough so he or she can live God Word, then it is not a deliberate sin, but one he or she does not know they are doing.
When one is able to live God’s Word totally then he or she is sanctified completely.

It is deliberate sin that makes on a rebel, and of the devil.
We agree on many things, johnlove, but please do not deny the scriptures that I gave you regarding the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. You are correct in many things you say about the visible church, today. They don't resemble Christianity and many are worse off than the Laodicean church which Jesus addressed, and instructed. Many who think they have the Holy Spirit, probably don't and they think they have it because they went through some type of formal ceremony to "bring God down from heaven." But, that is not how God operates. Most of what people see today is the false, worldly church system. But, the Lord knows them that are His and the scripture does say that if we name the name of Christ we are to depart from iniquity. It is not a suggestion but rather a command. The Lord would not tell that to the church if they were unable to do it. There certainly is a need to wake people up to what their Bibles say. But, if one truly has the Holy Spirit they should know what to do but many either don't have the Holy Spirit or have turned away and towards their sin, self and Satan. I believe the Holy Spirit is working through many in the Body of Christ all over the world to preach the uncompromised truth and warn individuals. We need to stay encouraged in the Lord and keep waking people up. The time is short on so many levels. Judgment begins at the house of God.

1Pet 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Yes, we are to obey.

Heb 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him...

Axehead

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
We agree on many things, johnlove, but please do not deny the scriptures that I gave you regarding the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. You are correct in many things you say about the visible church, today. They don't resemble Christianity and many are worse off than the Laodicean church which Jesus addressed, and instructed. Many who think they have the Holy Spirit, probably don't and they think they have it because they went through some type of formal ceremony to "bring God down from heaven." But, that is not how God operates. Most of what people see today is the false, worldly church system. But, the Lord knows them that are His and the scripture does say that if we name the name of Christ we are to depart from iniquity. It is not a suggestion but rather a command. The Lord would not tell that to the church if they were unable to do it. There certainly is a need to wake people up to what their Bibles say. But, if one truly has the Holy Spirit they should know what to do but many either don't have the Holy Spirit or have turned away and towards their sin, self and Satan. I believe the Holy Spirit is working through many in the Body of Christ all over the world to preach the uncompromised truth and warn individuals. We need to stay encouraged in the Lord and keep waking people up. The time is short on so many levels. Judgment begins at the house of God.

1Pet 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Yes, we are to obey.

Heb 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him...

Axehead
[SIZE=16pt]Can you show where the scripture you quoted about indwelling of the Holy Spirit were addressed to people who were still sinners?[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
Can you show where the scripture you quoted about indwelling of the Holy Spirit were addressed to people who were still sinners?
No, I only quoted scriptures where the Holy Spirit is given to the saints.

Greeting
​Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia: (2 Cor_1:1)

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
No, I only quoted scriptures where the Holy Spirit is given to the saints.

Greeting
​Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia: (2 Cor_1:1)
[SIZE=16pt]That is right to the saints, and one is not a saint if one sins. [/SIZE]