Does one need to study the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to bow out of these arguments for a while. This certainly is not giving Glory to God. John, it's been a pleasure debating the Word but my heart tells me today to just have faith in what I believe and press on in faith. God Bless, John! My message is Love. That is what I am called to tell.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God fills us with a desire to do what pleases Him. This is not teaching that this means we are all our own spiritual silos who don't need help from anyone. The verses I quoted clearly teach that these teachers are for the purpose of building up Christians...not teaching non-Christians. You have not answered any of the passages I have mentioned.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Wormwood said:
Yes, God fills us with a desire to do what pleases Him. This is not teaching that this means we are all our own spiritual silos who don't need help from anyone. The verses I quoted clearly teach that these teachers are for the purpose of building up Christians...not teaching non-Christians. You have not answered any of the passages I have mentioned.
[SIZE=16pt]All humans Christian teachers can do is bring one to know of God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Only God can bring one to know God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Forgive me for posting the scripture that tells us that only God can bring one to know God. I believe you truly need to read the following scripture. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]John tells us that one who sins has never seen God. So Jesus does not show himself to sinners. John also tells us that one who sins does not know God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Who knows anyone who has allowed him or herself to be taught about God from human Christian teachers that does not sin?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:5-6)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14:21)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Notice the above scripture was Jesus speaking. [/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Looks like you skipped vs 12 in 1 Cor. 2, johnlove.

1Co_2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

I see that you have been quite busy telling everyone on the Internet how wrong they are and how right you are. You don't have a teachable spirit. I have read many of these and some very kind and anointed people tried to help you.

http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/bible-chat/10049-not-living-gods-word-means-not-going-heaven-right-3.html

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?199834-Belief-of-the-Truth-is-Salvation-!/page4

http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=157919

http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=157864

http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/bible-chat/10024-you-one-jesus-own.html

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/the-godhead-of-the-lord-jesus.40369/page-4

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/member.php?145126-Johnlove

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/181849-do-we-need-teachers-today/

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as you probably guess, I think you are misunderstanding those verses.

Let me ask you, Johnlove, why are we conversing? I believe I have the Holy Spirit, as do you. So, according to you, we have nothing to say to each other. I cannot build you up and you cannot build me up. We each have our own personal link to God and don't need anyone else. So why are you here?

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
Looks like you skipped vs 12 in 1 Cor. 2, johnlove.

1Co_2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

I see that you have been quite busy telling everyone on the Internet how wrong they are and how right you are. You don't have a teachable spirit. I have read many of these and some very kind and anointed people tried to help you.

http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/bible-chat/10049-not-living-gods-word-means-not-going-heaven-right-3.html

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?199834-Belief-of-the-Truth-is-Salvation-!/page4

http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=157919

http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=157864

http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/bible-chat/10024-you-one-jesus-own.html

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/the-godhead-of-the-lord-jesus.40369/page-4

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/member.php?145126-Johnlove

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/181849-do-we-need-teachers-today/
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus knows I am teachable. Jesus has been teaching me for forty years, and he has let me know that I have been a good student.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus taught me that a Christian does not sin. He also taught me how he made the possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do people want to stop sinning? I don’t believe the vast majority of people want to stop sinning. People would rather do as the world does.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The world kills other people, and Christian do also. The world stores up wealth, and Christian do also. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]My job is to tell Christians just how wrong they are living. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Those anointed people you mentioned, do they sin? If they still sin they are of the devil. Do you believe that any Christian should allow the devil to teach him or her?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]By the way those anointed people you mentioned, banned me from their forums, because they did not like hearing that Christian don’t sin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Those people wanted to believe they were followers of Jesus even though they sinned.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Scripture says that is not true. They did not want to hear that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Scripture tells us that a Christian does not sin, but people put their heads in the sand and plug their ears so they don’t have to hear the truth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus did not sin.[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
johnlove
[SIZE=16pt]Those anointed people you mentioned, do they sin? If they still sin they are of the devil. Do you believe that any Christian should allow the devil to teach him or her?[/SIZE]

How do I know if they still sin? Do you still sin? How do I know if you still sin? Is this how we decide who we fellowship with? We give them a spiritual interview as you are doing and only fellowship with people who do not sin? The Bible says that if you are abiding in Christ you don't sin. Are you abiding in Christ 24x7x365? I have no idea if anyone else is abiding in Christ 24x7x365 so why would you ask me that? By the way, I don't do spiritual interviews. I prefer relationships, instead. You don't ask someone your 100 favorite questions and size them up based on their answers. Sure glad, Christ never did that.

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

johnlove
[SIZE=16pt]By the way those anointed people you mentioned, banned me from their forums, because they did not like hearing that Christian don’t sin. [/SIZE]

Why don't you try coming at it from another way (a more positive way) and emphasize how Christians are supposed to abide in Christ? The Word of God preaches in both a positive and negative way, but at least it provides a balance. You don't. They probably did not like something else about you. I guess they felt they could judge you based on your fruit. (Matt 7). Make your message more balanced like Paul and Peter and James did. Even Christ's message balanced mercy with truth. The Law came through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. And no, I am not making excuses for sin. I do believe the NEW MAN has the power not to sin, I just don't believe that every Babe in Christ is actually not a babe in Christ.

johnlove
[SIZE=16pt]Those people wanted to believe they were followers of Jesus even though they sinned.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Scripture says that is not true. They did not want to hear that.[/SIZE]

Most Babes in Christ are carnal, johnlove. The Word tells us so, below. And our experience tells us that. The Word confirms out experience not the other way around. Paul does mention that they are Babes in Christ, the operative phrase being "IN CHRIST".
1Cor_3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Cor_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

You see johnlove, you can't tell unbelievers to stop sinning. It will never happen. They need to be regenerated. Then, you can actually teach new babes in Christ the same thing that Paul taught them in 1 Cor_3:1.
I think you are confusing people who love sin and love to sin with people who hate sin, but sin through the weakness of the flesh.

You cannot "walk in darkness" (a way of life) and say you have fellowship with Him.

1Jn_1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn_1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

These verses are not provision for the flesh (for a fleshly, sinful life), because that man is indeed deceived. These verses are provision for spiritual men that still live in the flesh.

I can't believe after 40 years you have not learned these things and not learned that some people have strongholds in their lives that need to be dealt with even after they have been redeemed.

All the best,
Axehead

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
I think you are confusing people who love sin and love to sin with people who hate sin, but sin through the weakness of the flesh.

[SIZE=16pt]I am not confused at all. For years I prayed and did all that I knew how to do, to not sin. But it was not possible for me to not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]T[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]hen God gave me his Holy Spirit, along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit. At first the gifts of the Holy Spirit let me know it was God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The Holy Spirit began to teach me. Then Jesus called me into his ministry. After accepting Jesus call I asked him what seminary to attend. Jesus told me: “NO! Don’t read about me I will teach you about me.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I no longer sinned. My prayers were answered. Jesus taught me how it was that he made it so his people would obey him and sin no more.[/SIZE]
You cannot "walk in darkness" (a way of life) and say you have fellowship with Him.

1Jn_1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1Jn_1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
[SIZE=14pt]Read the scripture below, and learn something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]and his word has no place in our lives.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. [/SIZE]

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]seen Him or known Him[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:8) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]repentance[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] for that person. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”[/SIZE]

These verses are not provision for the flesh (for a fleshly, sinful life), because that man is indeed deceived. These verses are provision for spiritual men that still live in the flesh.

I can't believe after 40 years you have not learned these things and not learned that some people have strongholds in their lives that need to be dealt with even after they have been redeemed.

[SIZE=16pt]By the way I am not an evangelist. My Job is not to show people a scenic route. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]NO, my job is to tell people who say they are Christian, that what most of them are doing is not going to let them enter the kingdom of heaven.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Think about this, is not the kingdom of heaven God’s home?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told us what one has to do to become a home of God. Read what Jesus told us.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also ask yourself has Jesus shown himself to you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus has shown himself to me. [/SIZE]
All the best,
Axehead

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:

[SIZE=16pt]I am not confused at all. For years I prayed and did all that I knew how to do, to not sin. But it was not possible for me to not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]T[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]hen God gave me his Holy Spirit, along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit. At first the gifts of the Holy Spirit let me know it was God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The Holy Spirit began to teach me. Then Jesus called me into his ministry. After accepting Jesus call I asked him what seminary to attend. Jesus told me: “NO! Don’t read about me I will teach you about me.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I no longer sinned. My prayers were answered. Jesus taught me how it was that he made it so his people would obey him and sin no more.[/SIZE]

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1Jn_1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
[SIZE=14pt]Read the scripture below, and learn something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 1: 8-10) “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]and his word has no place in our lives.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars. [/SIZE]

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]seen Him or known Him[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](1 John 3:8) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]repentance[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] for that person. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]By the way I am not an evangelist. My Job is not to show people a scenic route. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]NO, my job is to tell people who say they are Christian, that what most of them are doing is not going to let them enter the kingdom of heaven.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Think about this, is not the kingdom of heaven God’s home?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told us what one has to do to become a home of God. Read what Jesus told us.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]([/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also ask yourself has Jesus shown himself to you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus has shown himself to me. [/SIZE]
All the best,
Axehead

This is a clear depiction of someone who exults himself in the spirit of pride, an unrepentant sinner.

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

John 14:21 is placed in the context where Jesus is speaking to the 12. This was meant to comfort them and is not to be used as a blanket statement to all Christians. At the end of the conversation Jesus qualifies..."29I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe."

Jesus did show Himself to them before His ascension.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
[SIZE=14pt]You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.[/SIZE]

Well, looks like we have "dualing Bibles", here Johnlove. I don't accept your version as I see it as a corrupt Bible version whose roots go all the way back to Alexandria, Egypt and Origen. Of course, it was planned by the Evil One that confusion would be sowed into the Church with the over 400 Bible versions, most of them coming from Westcott and Hort and the RCC. But that aside...

We already know from Romans 3:23 how "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", so John is not saying "if we say we have never sinned". Romans 3:23 already says, "All have sinned". And when a Christian is born-again he repents (turns away from the world, sin, self and Satan and towards Christ in faith). A Christian already admits he is a sinner when he repents and turns towards Christ. "If we say that we have no sin" is what the Bible says in 1 John 1:8. 1 John 1:10 says, "If we say we have not sinned", then a Christian is saying he never had to repent of anything. John is saying two things here to the church, not the same thing twice. 1)"If we say that we have no sin (present) and 2) "If we say that we have not sinned" (past). You are violating number 1.

Axehead

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is THE teacher. But you need your study time with God. You need your Bible, a note pad, and the Holy Spirit. The OP was Does one need to study the Bible. The answer is simple, YES!!!! It seems the topic was raised as a loaded question by the poster. For my brothers in strong and righteous faith, we know that you have to study the Word of God. There was no reason to go this far and, I feel, not bring Glory to God. This just my humble opinion. You cant get a drive-though breakthrough. You need to read the word of God with your grace glasses on, not like the law. Don't read the word like a stern law. Read the word like "Wow!! I get to do this!!!!" Read it with Grace!!!! Not with woe and disdain. God even warned Moses about this. "Read the word with Grace!" The Word of God is to bring hope for the believer, not a catalyst to condemn the infant believer. You should rejoice when someone is born again and not tell them, "Now here's all the ways you can go to hell" right off the bat. Let them grow in grace and peace.

Condescending overtones are a terrible way to promote the word of God. You're supposed to spread the "Good News" not spread it like conspiracy tabloid. How many followers do you get from a "or else" attitude? This is not bringing any Glory to God. I am saddened that someone would even take away from the glory of the word and push it out that way. I'm deeply saddened.

John, You still never answered any questions posed about your mercy and compassion and love for others. Its past that now so you need not answer. When I think Christ and the sacrifice, I think Love. I think "I want to Love like that". And that is the message of Christ. Yes he added in stipulations but not meaning to detour people from the truth. Christ, who is perfect love, does not use scare tactics. Remember, "Jesus wept". It's the smallest verse in the entire Bible but the most powerful. It's love my friend. Humble love. If we are all wrong, have you wept for us? I doubt it. You most likely have called us all fools with disgust. That's fine if you have. I know Christ loves me and I love Him. I pray to do his will everyday and to bring Glory to him.

God is Love!! Praise His Holy name!!!!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Born_Again said:
The Holy Spirit is THE teacher. But you need your study time with God. You need your Bible, a note pad, and the Holy Spirit. The OP was Does one need to study the Bible. The answer is simple, YES!!!! It seems the topic was raised as a loaded question by the poster. For my brothers in strong and righteous faith, we know that you have to study the Word of God. There was no reason to go this far and, I feel, not bring Glory to God. This just my humble opinion. You cant get a drive-though breakthrough. You need to read the word of God with your grace glasses on, not like the law. Don't read the word like a stern law. Read the word like "Wow!! I get to do this!!!!" Read it with Grace!!!! Not with woe and disdain. God even warned Moses about this. "Read the word with Grace!" The Word of God is to bring hope for the believer, not a catalyst to condemn the infant believer. You should rejoice when someone is born again and not tell them, "Now here's all the ways you can go to hell" right off the bat. Let them grow in grace and peace.

Condescending overtones are a terrible way to promote the word of God. You're supposed to spread the "Good News" not spread it like conspiracy tabloid. How many followers do you get from a "or else" attitude? This is not bringing any Glory to God. I am saddened that someone would even take away from the glory of the word and push it out that way. I'm deeply saddened.

John, You still never answered any questions posed about your mercy and compassion and love for others. Its past that now so you need not answer. When I think Christ and the sacrifice, I think Love. I think "I want to Love like that". And that is the message of Christ. Yes he added in stipulations but not meaning to detour people from the truth. Christ, who is perfect love, does not use scare tactics. Remember, "Jesus wept". It's the smallest verse in the entire Bible but the most powerful. It's love my friend. Humble love. If we are all wrong, have you wept for us? I doubt it. You most likely have called us all fools with disgust. That's fine if you have. I know Christ loves me and I love Him. I pray to do his will everyday and to bring Glory to him.

[SIZE=16pt]Obeying God is loving one’s brothers and sisters. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Unless one is in God he or she will not have the grace to be truly loving.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Accusing someone of not loving is just an underhanded way to throw stones at him or her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]And no, not everyone needs to study the bible. Besides reading/studding the bible can never bring one to know God.[/SIZE]
God is Love!! Praise His Holy name!!!!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, because you obey God, you feel you that automatically have love? You do understand that love is an emotion, right? It's not a certificate you get for completeing a course.

Ever heard the phrase "Cop-out"?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Accusing someone of not loving is just an underhanded way to throw stones at him or her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]And no, not everyone needs to study the bible. Besides reading/studding the bible can never bring one to know God.[/SIZE]

John, accusing one of not loving is the same as you accusing people of sinning. We will know them by their fruits and unfortunately we can't observe your fruit and you cannot observe our fruit (in real life). All we have to go on are typed words on a computer screen.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Axehead said:
John, accusing one of not loving is the same as you accusing people of sinning. We will know them by their fruits and unfortunately we can't observe your fruit and you cannot observe our fruit (in real life). All we have to go on are typed words on a computer screen.
[SIZE=16pt]I don’t believe that accusing anyone of sinning has been done by me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]That is right Jesus is one’s judge. Only Jesus know one’s heart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do you believe that what is shared by me is to get people to think well of me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]What Jesus has had me, and is going to have me share, makes me one of the most disliked of people.[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]I don’t believe that accusing anyone of sinning has been done by me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]That is right Jesus is one’s judge. Only Jesus know one’s heart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do you believe that what is shared by me is to get people to think well of me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]What Jesus has had me, and is going to have me share, makes me one of the most disliked of people.[/SIZE]
And obviously, no one is trying to make you think well of them, are they? What they are sharing with you makes them disliked by you, too. I see no difference between your theology not being liked or other's theology not being liked by you. You take things personally and think people don't like you. How could people not like you or you not like them? We don't even know each other. We just know the theology each one believes.

Why do you take things personally? Do you have any friends in real life?

Axehead

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Born_Again said:
Let me get this straight, because you obey God, you feel you that automatically have love? You do understand that love is an emotion, right? It's not a certificate you get for completeing a course.

Ever heard the phrase "Cop-out"?
[SIZE=16pt]Love is a verb. To love is to do. To love God one has to live his Commandments.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The feeling of love is just an emotion. Feelings are not dependable. Satan manipulates feelings. So to prove one loves him or her, he or she does for the one who is loved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus told you to go tell people how much better and more sinless you are then them....which makes you a child of God while they are all children of the devil even though they trust in Christ and hope in God's mercy through the cross? Yeah, most people wont like that....and btw...I don't think that chest-pounding message comes from Jesus.

Reactions: justaname