Does the Bible identify "Babylon"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More men's philosophy, and not what God's Word is about.

The subject is about the Babylon Harlot of Revelation, not the limitations and imperfectness of this flesh world that is ordained to be destroyed.

Once again, IF... you do not apply that per the Biblical accounts about it, then you are again reverting to men's philosophy. So what is the Biblical account about God's Kingdom?

It is NOT HERE ON EARTH YET, for God's Kingdom is to be a LITERAL KINGDOM established here on earth, through His Son Jesus Christ. That means JESUS CHRIST has to be here, ON EARTH. In the mean time, this present world is given to Satan to operate (excepting where God works for His servants).
I will never leave you or forsake you...Jesus. I think that's literal?

If one see's 'God's Kingdom' as only a literal manifestation of bricks and mortar and visible geography I think we short change ourselves. I think it has a greater application.
Jesus came as a manifestation of God's Kingdom and invites us to enter it. His parables are attempts to explain it; I'd say for those who have entered in, it is in their hearts....their reality is focused and faith lives there....their energies bent on introducing others to it.

This is why Lord Jesus said in John 18:36 that His Kingdom is NOT of this world, meaning not of this present time. At His future return, God's Word prophesies that Jesus will reign right here on earth with His faithful elect over ALL... nations and peoples. We don't see that happening yet today, and it won't until He returns on the last day of this world.

So if you're trying to see Christ's Kingdom established 'now', 'today', in the world, then you would have to blind yourself to believe that, and there's no way you can make God's Word agree with you about that either. If you are getting that false idea from your preachers, I suggest you leave that church immediately and go find one that teaches Bible line upon line.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anybody else noticed the INCREASE in Scoffers besides me ? ? ?

They Cannot Resist Scoffing!

Jude 1:18-19 (HCSB)
18 they told you, “In the end time there will be scoffers walking according to their own ungodly desires.”
19 These people create divisions and are unbelievers, not having the Spirit.

2 Peter 3:3-4 (HCSB)
3 First, be aware of this: Scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, living according to their own desires,
4 saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anybody else noticed the INCREASE in Scoffers besides me ? ? ?

They Cannot Resist Scoffing!

Jude 1:18-19 (HCSB)
18 they told you, “In the end time there will be scoffers walking according to their own ungodly desires.”

2 Peter 3:3-4 (HCSB)
3 First, be aware of this: Scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, living according to their own desires,
4 saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?

This post is nothing but personal insult and ad hominem.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This message is to Encourage my like minded Brethren, so let the Holy Spirit calm your heart, my brothers and sisters in CHRIST.

1682999873488.png: Time is short, But I hope I live Long enough to this happen.

I let those from the opposite side of the Pre-Tribulation Fence, Rant, and intimidate, and even slander the name of Pre-Tribulation, for one reason. I saw through their Ploy, of what they were trying to do. They were trying to get me Riled to the point of arguing. They ultimately wanted management to outlaw any discussion on Pre-tribulation, the same way they did on the discussing the Father Son and Holy Spirt. We know we believe the Truth, and Arguing only produces NEGATIVE RESULTS.

Jude 1:14-19 (HCSB)
14 And Enoch, in the seventh ⌊generation⌋ from Adam, prophesied about them: Look! The Lord comes with thousands of His holy ones. {Their is the return from Heaven with Christ from the Wedding of the Lamb, as HE sets up HIS 1000 YEAR KINGDOM.}
15 to execute judgment on all and to convict them of all their ungodly acts that they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things ungodly sinners have said against Him.
16 These people are discontented grumblers, walking according to their desires; their mouths utter arrogant words, flattering people for their own advantage.
17 But you, dear friends, remember what was predicted by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

We are to remain Calm, and cool Headed, when they Mock, Insult, and Scoff at us. Their Judgement is of CHRIST, so do not let them intimidate you, just pray for a peaceful attitude towards those who Scoff..

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will never leave you or forsake you...Jesus. I think that's literal?

If one see's 'God's Kingdom' as only a literal manifestation of bricks and mortar and visible geography I think we short change ourselves. I think it has a greater application.
Jesus came as a manifestation of God's Kingdom and invites us to enter it. His parables are attempts to explain it; I'd say for those who have entered in, it is in their hearts....their reality is focused and faith lives there....their energies bent on introducing others to it.
Many "I thinks" there in your words, but what does God's Word say?

Jesus was very plain in that John 18:36 Scripture. It means His 'literal' Kingdom simply is NOT manifest here on earth yet today, because HE... is not yet returned. And there is plenty, plenty... of Bible Scripture about the detail of HIS FUTURE REIGN ON EARTH, but most of it is not in The New Testament. Because you don't know that fact, it shows you have not done your homework in The Old Testament Books.

Christ's 'spiritual' Kingdom is what is manifested here today. His 'geographical' Kingdom is of the world to come, and will be very real, physical, on earth, as written in God's Word.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many "I thinks" there in your words, but what does God's Word say?

Jesus was very plain in that John 18:36 Scripture. It means His 'literal' Kingdom simply is NOT manifest here on earth yet today, because HE... is not yet returned. And there is plenty, plenty... of Bible Scripture about the detail of HIS FUTURE REIGN ON EARTH, but most of it is not in The New Testament. Because you don't know that fact, it shows you have not done your homework in The Old Testament Books.

Christ's 'spiritual' Kingdom is what is manifested here today. His 'geographical' Kingdom is of the world to come, and will be very real, physical, on earth, as written in God's Word.
You commented on my 'I thinks'. I wonder whether your words came from thinking or are they a direct conduit from God?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I commented about it because saying "I think" a lot reveals doubting.
Do I deduct then that your thinking reveals doubting? ....and how do you come to any conclusion without thinking?

Henry Ford — 'Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.'
I would say thinking indicates the cognitive powers are active.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I deduct then that your thinking reveals doubting? ....and how do you come to any conclusion without thinking?

Henry Ford — 'Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.'
I would say thinking indicates the cognitive powers are active.
There's a difference with actual 'thinking', and someone constantly saying... "I think", or "I believe", etc. Those phrases always leave room for doubt.

If a Scripture reveals a certain thing, and one has verified it with other Scripture witnesses in God's Word, then it's no longer a matter of "I think", or "I believe" this or that. It instead becomes a matter of, "it is written", which does not portray possible doubt, and instead is giving a Testimony of what God Himself has said in His Word.

Many don't like that kind of 'boldness' about what God's Word teaches as written, because it betrays what the false prophets do today in many pulpits with their pulling a couple of verses out of God's Word and instead teaching their 'own' word, not staying with the actual meaning and flow of the chapter where those verses were pulled from.

And because the false prophets do that so often in many Churches today, it suggests to the Bible students in that kind of Church that it's OK to do what they do with abuse of God's written Word. It is NOT OK to copy those false prophets.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is a interesting study..
"The Babylonian pagan worship of Nimrod, Semiramis, and the god-incarnate son extended throughout the entire world and eventually assumed the name of Trinitarian Christianity in Rome. Trinitarian paganism spread from Babylon to Rome by way of Pergamum. The Babylon Kings, who were descended from Nimrod, served as both king and priest of the pagan Babylonian Mystery religion. As priests, they bore the title “Pontifex Maximus” 125 or “Supreme Pontiff,” meaning “supreme pathfinder” or “bridge maker,” representing “the path or connection between this life and the next.” 126 They ruled upon the throne of Satan, which is the throne of Nimrod as the “hidden god.” 127 The last king to reign in Babylon was Belshazzar, who celebrated the pagan Babylonian ritual using the sacred Jewish temple vessels which his father King Nebuchadnezzar confiscated from the Jewish temple in 587 B.C.:..

After the death of Belshazzar in 539 B.C., the Persian Emperor Cyrus conquered Babylon and forced the Babylonian princes to flee to Pergamum. They continued their reign there as priest-kings of Babylonian paganism. 129 In 133 B.C., Attalus III, the last Babylonian King to rule in Pergamum, willed his dominions to the Roman Caesar, and the kingdom of Pergamum merged with the Roman Empire along with Satan-Nimrod’s throne and the title “Pontifex Maximus.” 130

In 63 B.C., Julius Caesar, who had been elected Pontifex Maximus, became emperor of Rome and vested the office of Roman emperor with the priestly powers and functions of the Babylonian Pontiff. 131 Henceforth, the title Pontifex Maximus was used by the Roman Caesars as illustrated on a Roman coin depicting the image of Augustus Caesar (27 B.C.-14 A.D.) with his title “Pont. Max.,” which is an abbreviation of Pontifex Maximus.

Thus, the Roman emperors, like the preceding Babylonian emperors, now served as priests of Babylonian paganism, and bore the title Pontifex Maximus."... Pontifex Maximus or Pope Seated on Satan’s Throne

Reactions: Aunty Jane

jcentricity

Feb 24, 2023
Pittsburgh
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon in Book of Revelation is a phase of paganism that not only includes traditional pagans but now includes Apostate Churches. Specifically the harlot and false prophet represents Apostate Churches. Specifically Babylon started off representing the Roman Catholic Church that arose when the Roman Empire became a Christian empire but the apostasy has grown to point where a portion of Protestant churches such as United Methodist, Episcopal, USA Presbyterian and Church of England have become Apostate by embracing non traditional marriages and like Church of England have decided to bless same sex marriage. Apostate churches also includes Christian cults such as Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. These Apostate Churches in God's eyes have joined Babylon.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon in Book of Revelation is a phase of paganism that not only includes traditional pagans but now includes Apostate Churches. Specifically the harlot and false prophet represents Apostate Churches. Specifically Babylon started off representing the Roman Catholic Church that arose when the Roman Empire became a Christian empire but the apostasy has grown to point where a portion of Protestant churches such as United Methodist, Episcopal, USA Presbyterian and Church of England have become Apostate by embracing non traditional marriages and like Church of England have decided to bless same sex marriage. Apostate churches also includes Christian cults such as Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. These Apostate Churches in God's eyes have joined Babylon.

I didn't like the fact that that some of the Churches have recognized same sex marriage as valid. That is not Apostate Churches, but only one that has fallen into a grievous error.

I attend a non-denominational, evangelical style of Church, that only recognize marriage One man and One women. And do not ordain women.

jcentricity

Feb 24, 2023
Pittsburgh
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't like the fact that that some of the Churches have recognized same sex marriage as valid. That is not Apostate Churches, but only one that has fallen into a grievous error.

I attend a non-denominational, evangelical style of Church, that only recognize marriage One man and One women. And do not ordain women.
The term apostasy comes from the Greek word apostasia ("ἀποστασία") meaning "rebellion", "state of apostasy", "abandonment", or "defection". All churches that have embraced same sex marriages or blessings have become Apostate and are Babylon

Reactions: VCO

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apostate churches also includes Christian cults such as Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. These Apostate Churches in God's eyes have joined Babylon.
Who told you that? JW's abandoned "Babylon the great" over a century ago, after careful study of the scriptures and discovering the very things mentioned here. The apostasy was foretold so there is no excuse for Christendom's pretending that it never happened.

What beliefs originated in that apostasy? A triune god....immortality of the soul....and hellfire...none of which are taught in scripture, but all found in false religion because they have the same author.

Political affiliations are also opposite to what Jesus taught about being "no part of this world" because of who is its ruler. (1 John 5:19; John 1:16) Involving ourselves in the bloodshed of the nations is also opposed to the teachings of Jesus and his apostles. (Matthew 5:43-44; 2 Cor 10:3-5; Romans 12:17-21)
All churches that have embraced same sex marriages or blessings have become Apostate and are Babylon
JW's do not embrace any defection from God's word. No sex before marriage, ( 1 Cor 6:9-11)....no divorce except on scriptural grounds, (Matt 19:9) and no same sex partnerships or marriage. (1 Tim 1:8-10)
We are stricter than most in all areas where the commands of God are clear....especially matters pertaining to sexual misconduct, of which God's law to Israel was very specific.

If you don't know anything about JW's, why don't you ask us before assuming that what you hear is true? Isn't that what the Jews did to Jesus? Didn't the Pharisees malign Jesus and his apostles, accusing them of apostasy when they themselves were the true apostates?
The devil is a slanderer...and he spreads his slander far and wide for those who enjoy gossip.

jcentricity

Feb 24, 2023
Pittsburgh
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you that? JW's abandoned "Babylon the great" over a century ago, after careful study of the scriptures and discovering the very things mentioned here. The apostasy was foretold so there is no excuse for Christendom's pretending that it never happened.

What beliefs originated in that apostasy? A triune god....immortality of the soul....and hellfire...none of which are taught in scripture, but all found in false religion because they have the same author.

Political affiliations are also opposite to what Jesus taught about being "no part of this world" because of who is its ruler. (1 John 5:19; John 1:16) Involving ourselves in the bloodshed of the nations is also opposed to the teachings of Jesus and his apostles. (Matthew 5:43-44; 2 Cor 10:3-5; Romans 12:17-21)

JW's do not embrace any defection from God's word. No sex before marriage, ( 1 Cor 6:9-11)....no divorce except on scriptural grounds, (Matt 19:9) and no same sex partnerships or marriage. (1 Tim 1:8-10)
We are stricter than most in all areas where the commands of God are clear....especially matters pertaining to sexual misconduct, of which God's law to Israel was very specific.

If you don't know anything about JW's, why don't you ask us before assuming that what you hear is true? Isn't that what the Jews did to Jesus? Didn't the Pharisees malign Jesus and his apostles, accusing them of apostasy when they themselves were the true apostates?
The devil is a slanderer...and he spreads his slander far and wide for those who enjoy gossip.
Jehovah Witness do no believe that Jesus is God they believe Jesus is an angel. As a result Jehovah Witness is an Apostate form of Christianity aka it's a Christian cult aka as noted in Book of Revelation Jehovah Witness is also Babylon aka Wickedness aka Woman in the Basker. Jesus is worshiped in the entire Book of Revelation proving he is God because only God is to be worshiped. Jews crucified Jesus because he claimed to be God which is a historical fact yet Jehovah Witness claim Jesus is a mere angel and not God. Jehovah Witness deny basic essentials of Christianity so it's a Christian cult aka Babylon. Any church that denies basic essentials of Christianity is a Christian cult aka Babylon.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jehovah Witness do no believe that Jesus is God they believe Jesus is an angel. As a result Jehovah Witness is an Apostate form of Christianity aka it's a Christian cult aka as noted in Book of Revelation
No, we do not believe that Jesus is Almighty God because that is something Jesus never said. The foretold apostasy came and the corrupted church invented a new Jesus who was also God incarnate....nowhere does the Bible say that, nor does it say that Jesus was just an Angel....we believe that in his pre-human form, he was the great Prince, Michael the Archangel, who has always stood on behalf of God’s people. He is a unique, “only begotten son”, (one of a kind) who never once claimed equality with his Father, but he did confess to being the “beginning of the creation by God”. (Rev 3:14) Paul calls him “the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of ALL creation” (Colossians 1.15)

Hebrews 3:1 calls Jesus an “apostle”, a “High Priest”...and Acts 4:27 calls him “God’s holy servant”.....so please tell me how Jesus is his own apostle, his own High Priest, and his own servant.....
Jehovah Witness is also Babylon aka Wickedness aka Woman in the Basker.
What ??? hmmx1:
Jesus is worshiped in the entire Book of Revelation proving he is God because only God is to be worshiped.
No he is not. Revelation 3:12 is Jesus saying that the Father is his God even in heaven. To worship Jesus is a breach of the first Commandment. Please learn the difference between obeisance and worship. (pro·sky·neʹo)
Jews crucified Jesus because he claimed to be God which is a historical fact
Is it a historical fact? If Jesus had claimed to be God in the flesh, they would indeed have had grounds to put him to death because that would have been blasphemy. All he claimed to be was “God’s son”....(John 10:31-36) never once did he say he was God.
yet Jehovah Witness claim Jesus is a mere angel and not God. Jehovah Witness deny basic essentials of Christianity so it's a Christian cult aka Babylon. Any church that denies basic essentials of Christianity is a Christian cult aka Babylon.
You are going to tell me what I believe? I’m sure that you would be shocked to learn that all you have been led to believe is straight out of Babylon, so are you a cult member? All that we believe is the truth taught by Jesus Christ himself. We have identified “Babylon the great” and have heeded God’s command to “get out of her” “ if you do not want to share in her sins and receive part of her plagues”. (Rev 18:4-5) The time for an accounting is fast approaching, and those who have clung to Christendom’s satanic lies will find themselves on the wrong side of the coming judgment. Why do you think that “few” will be found on the road to life. (Matt 7:13-14)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we do not believe that Jesus is Almighty God because that is something Jesus never said. The foretold apostasy came and the corrupted church invented a new Jesus who was also God incarnate....nowhere does the Bible say that, nor does it say that Jesus was just an Angel....we believe that in his pre-human form, he was the great Prince, Michael the Archangel, who has always stood on behalf of God’s people. He is a unique, “only begotten son”, (one of a kind) who never once claimed equality with his Father, but he did confess to being the “beginning of the creation by God”. (Rev 3:14) Paul calls him “the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of ALL creation” (Colossians 1.15)
Thanks for showing us your BIBLICAL IGNORANCE, and your desire to be deceived by following men's doctrines instead of God's written Word.

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou
shalt call his name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

That above idea about that Child (Jesus) was NOT the only prophecy about Him given through Isaiah...

Isa 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
KJV

Did you get that? Jesus, The "Prince of Peace", is ALSO CALLED "The mighty God, The everlasting Father" in God's written Word!!!

And ONLY JESUS OF NAZARETH is to inherit the THRONE OF HIS FATHER DAVID, which is how to POSITIVELY KNOW that Isaiah 9:6-7 is about Jesus Christ!

You have been LIED to by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

(Brethren in Christ, I'm waiting for Aunty Jane to claim her JW New World Bible version doesn't say the above Scripture, which will be a lie, because it does have the above Isaiah Scripture.)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for showing us your BIBLICAL IGNORANCE, and your desire to be deceived by following men's doctrines instead of God's written Word.
Well, let’s see who is displaying Biblical ignorance and who actually studies God’s word with the original languages in mind…..
Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou
shalt call his name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV
Yes, but Jesus was called Jesus, not Immanuel. And “God with us” or “With us is God” does not state that Jesus was God but that God was with the people who listened and obeyed his son…..the one who came as his representative. Jesus himself says that he was “sent” by “the only true God” (John 17:3)
Did God send himself? If so why would Jesus call his Father “the only true God“ without including himself in that statement?
How could he say “the Father is greater than I am”? (John 14:28)
How can he call the Father “my God“ even in heaven? (Rev 3:12)

The prophets of old were God’s representatives, and God was “with” Israel by means of these spokesmen.
Did that mean that the prophets were also “God”?
That above idea about that Child (Jesus) was NOT the only prophecy about Him given through Isaiah...

Isa 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
KJV

Did you get that? Jesus, The "Prince of Peace", is ALSO CALLED "The mighty God, The everlasting Father" in God's written Word!!!
Oh dear, no need to shout….Jesus is called a “Prince”….so what is a “Prince”…he is the son of a king….who is the king? Yahweh, Jehovah God. Can Jehovah God be a king and a prince at the same time?

He is called “Mighty God” but not “Almighty God”. The definition of the words used in both Hebrew and Greek (for god(s) can be given to those who act with divine authority as Jesus did…as the judges in Israel did according to John 10:31-36.….

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
(KJV)

If Jehovah himself can call the judges in Israel “gods” then the word doesn’t just mean what you think it does. Do you study the Bible at all or just your own theology?

The Jews accusing him of blasphemy were trying to pin a charge on him so they had an excuse to put him to death. Jesus never once claimed to be God, but as you can clearly see, if there was ever a time to claim it, he would have, because Jesus knew that they were going to have him executed anyway……but he is what he called himself…..”the son of God”. Never is Jesus called Almighty God.

Now what about the title “everlasting Father”…..is the son his own “Father”?
Again, the word “father” in Hebrew can mean a few things…according to Strongs Concordance, the word translated “father” can mean…
  1. father of an individual
  2. of God as father of his people
  3. head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan
  4. ancestor”

So Isaiah isn’t necessarily saying what trinitarians want him to say…..
Jesus can be all those things that Isaiah said, without being “Almighty God”.

And ONLY JESUS OF NAZARETH is to inherit the THRONE OF HIS FATHER DAVID, which is how to POSITIVELY KNOW that Isaiah 9:6-7 is about Jesus Christ!

You have been LIED to by the Jehovah's Witness organization.
LOL…..so who has lied to You?

You trust a corrupted and divide church system that displays little resemblance to the Christianity taught by Jesus, but still claims him as their “Lord”…..that means nothing to Jesus who will judge all of us by what, and whom we “choose” to believe. (Matthew 7:21-23)

It is apparent that you are good at giving the party line, but on very flimsy evidence that you have been led to believe is true. Ask who led you? Are the ones pointing the finger at us, not pointing three back at themselves?
It is true that Jesus inherits “the throne of David”, but nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus is God incarnate. If Jesus was God, he never said so, but directed all worship to his God and Father. (John 20:17; Luke 4:5-8)
(Brethren in Christ, I'm waiting for Aunty Jane to claim her JW New World Bible version doesn't say the above Scripture, which will be a lie, because it does have the above Isaiah Scripture.)
You crack me up….I use a variety of Bibles as I am a student of God’s word and have been for over 50 years….I like to compare translations and then use the interlinears and concordances for clarification. To date, only JW’s are guided by the unadulterated word of God. Would you like to compare translations? Or are you stuck with the old dinosaur KJV with its antiquated language and misleading translations.

If you believe that our NWT is not accurate, then let’s compare…..I studied the KJV. In my youth but found it so difficult to understand it’s outdated language. For any new Bible student, it is a nightmare trying to discipher the meaning of many verses. But more modern translations have to convey the meaning of scripture in the language of today, or they will not get the benefit of linguistic advancements and in knowledge of original language words or idioms.
Are you a dinosaur stuck in the past, or are you a Bible student who wants the truth no matter how hard it is to hear? It’s your choice.