Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why am I not surprised, just surprised it took you so long. I was rather bemused the other day, when you gave me a like when i mention something about, just another religion like all the other religions, and your religion is just the same as all the others. And ever religion has there thing that they add to salvation that keeps men in captivity and makes them slaves of there religion, the very same reason i knew that other lady was SDA though she said she left. You can take a person out of religion, its hard to get religion out of the person.

Why you're not surprised is because you must be bemused about your religion, yourself, <<just the same as all the others>>. You* can take the person out of religion; it's impossible to get religion out of the person.

*Actually not you, but God.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There was only one Christ ever gave us

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
ie
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love overrides everything.
To love the children of God is the Commandment of Christ this is true. And all the Commandments he spoke is fulfilled in this one commandment. As the scripture says all the law is fulfilled in one word you shall love your neighbour as yourself. So all the law of Christ is fulfilled in this to love your brother.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love the children of God is the Commandment of Christ this is true. And all the Commandments he spoke is fulfilled in this one commandment. As the scripture says all the law is fulfilled in one word you shall love your neighbour as yourself. So all the law of Christ is fulfilled in this to love your brother.
No, the first is to love God...
Mark 12:29-31 King James Version (KJV)
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the first is to love God...
Mark 12:29-31 King James Version (KJV)
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Love God is to keep his Commandments which are the Commandments of Christ. This is basic doctrine my friend. You should not be teaching Nor correcting anybody.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why you're not surprised is because you must be bemused about your religion, yourself, <<just the same as all the others>>. You* can take the person out of religion; it's impossible to get religion out of the person.

*Actually not you, but God.
I didnt know JEsus was a religion..

Are you still here condemning the world and t=yourself along with it, seems that is the favorite thing for religous men to do,

Should I repeat

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

What has Christ got to do with men and his harlotry.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is called the word of God because it's the Commandment of God to believe on his name: hence his name is called the word of God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the law no longer applies how can there be lawlessness?

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
I can't believe this is a discussion amongst people who call themselvesChristian. It is the law of Moses that no longer applies to believers. The law of Christ is in effect which are the Commandments of Christ that are found in the Gospels

Reactions: Pilgrimer

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love overrides everything.
I think it would be more correct to say that love fulfills everything because that God-given spirit of love is the only power on earth that can compel a person to do no wrong, in thought, word, or deed, either against God, or against man, even if they have never even heard the Law of Moses.

"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there by any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Romans 13:8-10

It is not our beliefs that bear witness to our relationship with God, it is the spirit in which we discuss them.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe this is a discussion amongst people who call themselvesChristian. It is the law of Moses that no longer applies to believers. The law of Christ is in effect which are the Commandments of Christ that are found in the Gospels

That is a very pompous thing to say against me for quoting a passage from Paul. Was Paul not a Christian? It seems you believe I'm not either.

The commandments of Jesus would cover any of those sins that I quoted in Galatians 5:19-21 that go far deeper than the surface commandments of the law of Moses.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is a very pompous thing to say against me for quoting a passage from Paul. Was Paul not a Christian? It seems you believe I'm not either.

The commandments of Jesus would cover any of those sins that I quoted in Galatians 5:19-21 that go far deeper than the surface commandments of the law of Moses.
You don't even understand with certainty the things you write. The only good thing about this forum is that I don't see any ads or Ways for the owners to make money using the name of Jesus.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have a poeticus way of showing it.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have a poeticus way of showing it.
I'm not moved by these words. Jesus himself caused me to repent to him for mercy by opening my ears to the word of God in the book of Matthew chapter 23. What I tell you is soft and not Sharp.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even understand with certainty the things you write. The only good thing about this forum is that I don't see any ads or Ways for the owners to make money using the name of Jesus.

I have no idea why you chose me to attack. Are you a troll?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Luke 24:25-27, 44-46.

[Comment removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never told anyone to keep Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Christ...

True, but then God also never told anyone to NOT honor the day of Christ's resurrection.

Christians who love Jesus simply choose to remember and celebrate the most important events in his life; his birth, his death, and his resurrection, those singular historical events upon which our very salvation rests. And to remember and celebrate them in a way that is completely in keeping with the Biblical mode of remembering and celebrating the great works of God ... by fasting and feasting.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Reactions: Nancy