Does the Word of God teach tolerance towards deceivers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Secondhand Lion...Sure this is how it went down...very short version of course :) My book tells the long version :) That was not a plug...trust me.
Anyway Secondhand, I was in the garage and there was no way out except death. I always believed there was a God, no doubt there but I never knew Him, only of Him.
I'm sure people who kill themselves never really wanted to, but felt they had to. That night, the last thing I wanted to do was... that also. But at least I stopped long enough to calll out on Jesus.
I cried out to Him with everything in me, as would someone who is dying but would rather not :)
After my third call out....Secondhand...He showed up in all His glory.WOW!!!! :) I'd never read scriptures, or went to church.
But Secondhand.....................I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually everyone I have led to the Lord... I never really had to convince them by/through scripture. Just shared what Jesus has done in my and others lives. PRAISE HIS NAME
That was 26 years ago.
Hope that didn't bore ya to much :)
God Bless You Secondhand
Rick

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Bro Steve Winter said:
1. I understand that the Apostle Paul or Jesus Christ would not be allowed on here but possibly quoting them will be...
2. Does the Word of God teach tolerance towards deceivers?
1. Why would you say that?
2. Of course not. False teachers (professing Jews / Christians) were stoned OT and God brings swift destruction on them NT 2 Pet 2:1.
RANDOR said:
Secondhand Lion...Sure this is how it went down...very short version of course :) My book tells the long version :) That was not a plug...trust me.
Anyway Secondhand, I was in the garage and there was no way out except death. I always believed there was a God, no doubt there but I never knew Him, only of Him.
I'm sure people who kill themselves never really wanted to, but felt they had to. That night, the last thing I wanted to do was... that also. But at least I stopped long enough to calll out on Jesus.
I cried out to Him with everything in me, as would someone who is dying but would rather not :)
After my third call out....Secondhand...He showed up in all His glory.WOW!!!! :) I'd never read scriptures, or went to church.
But Secondhand.....................I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually everyone I have led to the Lord... I never really had to convince them by/through scripture. Just shared what Jesus has done in my and others lives. PRAISE HIS NAME
That was 26 years ago.
Hope that didn't bore ya to much :)
God Bless You Secondhand
Rick
Thanks for sharing.

I have a lessor impressive testimony, but I too didn't have a bible. But, verses I had heard went through my mind constantly.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
His account was disabled bro.

Does that mean he requested it ? Does this site ever use the word "banned" when it is the site's choice ?

Cause I've been on sites before where I asked the administrators myself to disable my account.

:)

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Ah, yes I see. Thanks.

It is funny to see him banned after 31 posts :). Especially on this forum. There is more freedom here compared to other sites. Which is good. I mean this is the internet and everyone has got different views on the simplest of issues.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
laid renard said:
His account was disabled bro.

Does that mean he requested it ? Does this site ever use the word "banned" when it is the site's choice ?

Cause I've been on sites before where I asked the administrators myself to disable my account.

:)

I thought there was freedom of religion--this would include beliefs---how can one be banned in a religious sight? or is it fake freedoms that men promise?

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
kjw47 said:
I thought there was freedom of religion--this would include beliefs---how can one be banned in a religious sight? or is it fake freedoms that men promise?
There is freedom of religion in this country (if you still believe that), but this site can operate under whatever rules it sets forth and you need to abide by them. One of those rules is that you can not call other people demons operating for Satan.

I tell my children all the time that they were born into a free country, but my house is a dictatorship and they will listen to me. Are you suggesting that you do not have personal rules that abridge your constitutional rights as a citizen? You can choose to police yourself....that is freedom also my friend.

SL

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Secondhand Lion said:
There is freedom of religion in this country (if you still believe that), but this site can operate under whatever rules it sets forth and you need to abide by them. One of those rules is that you can not call other people demons operating for Satan.

I tell my children all the time that they were born into a free country, but my house is a dictatorship and they will listen to me. Are you suggesting that you do not have personal rules that abridge your constitutional rights as a citizen? You can choose to police yourself....that is freedom also my friend.

SL
Where did he call someone a demon? Just asking...

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
Mr.Bride said:
But we war not against flesh and blood though... Children of the devil they may be...with the spirit of a demon or demons.
Maybe we are discussing two different things. My original comments that you responded to were in reference to Mr Winters being banned. He (Winters) was calling us "False christian filth" and "Satan's ministers" for not agreeing on Acts 2:38. If there is confusion, maybe re-read my post with that in mind.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:

SL

So then if sights like this don't like certain beliefs--there is no freedom of religion in sights like this. But I can see the point--one doesn't need to be so direct as Mr Winter was--I still wish I could speak to him here. The things I say aren't so different than what Mr Winter stated-- when I say 99% of all religions are false and 99% are mislead---it is basically saying the same as Mr Winter said just not so direct--but in reality--little difference.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
kjw47 said:
So then if sights like this don't like certain beliefs--there is no freedom of religion in sights like this. But I can see the point--one doesn't need to be so direct as Mr Winter was--I still wish I could speak to him here. The things I say aren't so different than what Mr Winter stated-- when I say 99% of all religions are false and 99% are mislead---it is basically saying the same as Mr Winter said just not so direct--but in reality--little difference.
Agreed. But the little difference is all the difference in the world. Saying 99% misled does not directly say anyone here is misled, even if you believe it. Even if you do believe it, you don't accuse specific people of being Satan's ministers. That little difference is a huge one.

SL

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
Agreed. But the little difference is all the difference in the world. Saying 99% misled does not directly say anyone here is misled, even if you believe it. Even if you do believe it, you don't accuse specific people of being Satan's ministers. That little difference is a huge one.

SL

I think the biggest point is that love needs to be applied--Mr Winter seems like a lost brother, he needed our help, not our booting him out---Was he asked nicely not to be so direct by anyone first--or did they just throw him away as worthless? The Pharisees filled their hearts with hatred towards Jesus--yet he tried and tried to help them--they even said Jesus was from satan.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Secondhand Lion said:
Maybe we are discussing two different things. My original comments that you responded to were in reference to Mr Winters being banned. He (Winters) was calling us "False christian filth" and "Satan's ministers" for not agreeing on Acts 2:38. If there is confusion, maybe re-read my post with that in mind.
IDK... Let me obtain more clarity on the issue...I haven't read where he directed those words towards anyone...yet.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
I think the biggest point is that love needs to be applied--Mr Winter seems like a lost brother, he needed our help, not our booting him out---Was he asked nicely not to be so direct by anyone first--or did they just throw him away as worthless? The Pharisees filled their hearts with hatred towards Jesus--yet he tried and tried to help them--they even said Jesus was from satan.
This site is a Christian site (not a generic "religious site") for discussions and debate. If people are abusive and refuse to abide by the rules they agreed to when they created their account, then the problem is on their end. The rules exist to make this a happy and healthy place for discussion. The rules are likely the reason you and many others enjoy your time here. If someone does not want to abide by the rules of this site, then they are free to find another site that fits their desires.

If you are unhappy with the "fake freedoms" granted on this site, you can feel free to take it up with HammerStone, or you can use your freedoms to go create your own site. I think HammerStone is very gracious in the way he handles issues on this site and allows for pretty healthy, and even vigorous debate. Many other Christian discussion boards do not.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
If Bro Steve Winter said to my face what he said on this forum guess what I would do ...

I would forget I am a Christian gentleman , hoist the black flag , draw the sword , and then ask him to repeat what he just said.

He would likely pee in his dress , his grey beard would fall out , and he would never bother me again

Bro Steve Winter has some deep seated angers and hatreds toward everyday Christians and he spews out his poison all over the internet looking for a solution

he was probably buggered as a child by someone acting religious

That is my best guess

He needs to realize we are not his enemy

The person who buggered him is.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
If Bro Steve Winter said to my face what he said on this forum guess what I would do ...

I would forget I am a Christian gentleman , hoist the black flag , draw the sword , and then ask him to repeat what he just said.

He would likely pee in his dress , his grey beard would fall out , and he would never bother me again

Bro Steve Winter has some deep seated angers and hatreds toward everyday Christians and he spews out his poison all over the internet looking for a solution

he was probably buggered as a child by someone acting religious

That is my best guess

He needs to realize we are not his enemy

The person who buggered him is.

99% being told they are Christian are being lied to. Jesus spewed out poisionious remarks to the Pharisees after they kept on rejecting his truth. Would you draw your sword to Jesus if he called you what he called the pharisees? Yes.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
kjw47 said:
99% being told they are Christian are being lied to. Jesus spewed out poisionious remarks to the Pharisees after they kept on rejecting his truth. Would you draw your sword to Jesus if he called you what he called the pharisees? Yes.
would you?