Does the Word of God teach tolerance towards deceivers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
I understand that the Apostle Paul or Jesus Christ would not be allowed on here but possibly quoting them will be...
Does the Word of God teach tolerance towards deceivers?
Quoting from http://biblefolk.com/forum/topic/129

The Bible does NOT teach that we should be tolerant of false christian deceivers that are the vilest of parasites, filth that actually snare souls that are trying to find God, and deceive them with lies.
Nice sweet people are being deceived into a very very real hell by religious filth and deceivers. What viler thing could there be upon the earth than a sweet talking false preacher? Here we have ALL these people that *think* that they have obeyed the Bible and are headed for heaven, YET, the basic Acts 2:38 message sounds strange and foreign to them because some deceiver has preached them full of sugar coated lies, AND has probably already preached some of their older relatives into hell.

Of COURSE these men must oppose the truth! If their congregations find out what true Christianity is, then they will also realize that their preacher has already deceived some of their relatives into hell. THINK ABOUT THAT! They can't admit even what they know because then they would have to admit that everyone who had died in their church so far was in hell. THEY HAVE TO FIGHT THIS Acts 2:38 TRUTH!

It is the job of a TRUE preacher to convince you TO OBEY the Word of God, it is the job of Satan and his servants to explain to you why you really don't need to obey the Word of God and it is the job of the reprobate to muddy the waters between the two.

Look what Paul says about false christian deceivers :

II Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
II Corinthians 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
II Corinthians 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

That should tell you that Satan is in the religion business. Satan is in the preaching business.

What did Paul command the Christian regarding how to relate to any deceiver?

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Does that sound to you like Paul preached tolerance?

Note that there are disadvantages forecast for those who, for whatever reason, neglect to obey the Gospel that Paul preached.

II Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
II Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
II Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

It is such a simple matter. Some preachers are trying to convince you to obey the Bible and others here are trying to convince you why you don't need to obey the Bible.

In case anyone had any doubt about what Paul preached, and you really need to keep in mind that Paul was writing to people who believed "his way", or he would NOT have considered them brethren.

The Apostle Paul preached the same Acts 2:38 salvation message that Peter first preached on the day of Pentecost. Notice how it is even referred to as the word of the Lord Jesus.

Please examine carefully the account when Paul founded the Ephesian church.

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Note that "believers" did not yet have the Holy Ghost. That proves that one does not automatically receive the Holy Ghost just when they "believe" as many false preachers teach.
Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Note that Paul immediately questioned the validity of their baptism when they admitted that they did not have the Holy Ghost.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Note that they were immediately re-baptised the Christian way, in Jesus Name.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

When they did receive the Holy Ghost that they spoke in tongues just like every other real Christian.

How did Paul teach us to relate to any preacher who would teach otherwise?

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The phrase "let him be accursed" appears only two times in the Bible. It is not even used to speak of the Sodomite or any other rank sinner, but only regarding anyone who would preach some "alternate" doctrine.

The trinity preacher and other false-christian cult preachers are lower in the sight of God, much lower even than the Sodomite (not withstanding that many trinity cults are even ordaining Sodomites, but that is another sermon).

I hope this helps...

Pray Those Devils Down - Live At Westminster Abbey??? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwjxAAYCO0
Bound And Determined To Burn - Live At Billy's?? by WinterBand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PnH38v4To

Blame - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuU-BktFtZ0
Jesus Only - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flE-O9eG-L0

No Trinity On Me - by WinterBand A Christian music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLrQokwf_M
The rest of our music videos are at http://www.youtube.com/winterband
Bible study videos are at http://www.youtube.com/BroSteveWinter
Bro Steve Winter

#trinity #religion #christian #christianity #philosophy #oneness #pentecostal #apostolic #bible #biblestudy #religious #jesus #trinitarian #accursed

BrainofJT

Apr 10, 2014
United States
The fact that you are calling people "vilest of parasites" shows a little something about your own character. Kindness, gentleness, and patience are fruits of the spirit that you may need to work on.

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
False preachers are the vilest of parasites. To the devil's man or woman the only thing that would appear as kindness etc would be if they heard more of the sugar coated lies that they are comfortable with. There is nothing to guess about the character of those who would KNOWINGLY defend the devil's ministers and attack a real preacher for telling the truth.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Bro Steve Winter said:
False preachers are the vilest of parasites. To the devil's man or woman the only thing that would appear as kindness etc would be if they heard more of the sugar coated lies that they are comfortable with. There is nothing to guess about the character of those who would KNOWINGLY defend the devil's ministers and attack a real preacher for telling the truth.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

A good day sir,, You condemn yourself with your own words. But you are correct on certain points, but still a teacher of darkness if you teach a literal hell. The only ones I have ever encountered that teach such a sadistic lie against the God of love, are ones who do not know God or his son.

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
Some are so blinded by the devil that they serve!

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There will be no shortage of fools in the Lake of Fire.

Other than that, have a nice day.
Regards,
Bro. Winter

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Hard to say how serious is your videos, sir. I laughed however. Couldn't help it. Sorry if I it was especially not tongue-in-cheek.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Bro Steve Winter said:
Some are so blinded by the devil that they serve!

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There will be no shortage of fools in the Lake of Fire.

Other than that, have a nice day.
Regards,
Bro. Winter

Yes second death= eternal destruction, not eternal suffering.
Jesus taught--those who walk the broad and spacious path to destruction( eternal)
Fact--Gods justice scales are balanced. Thus rendering an eternal place of suffering as an impossibility.

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
The ignorance of some really astounds me. The deceiver is betting more than he can afford to lose that God is just kidding about stuff.

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

I only reply for the sake of any honest hearted who might be deceived by the devil's lies.

Bro. Winter

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Bro Steve Winter said:
The ignorance of some really astounds me. The deceiver is betting more than he can afford to lose that God is just kidding about stuff.

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

I only reply for the sake of any honest hearted who might be deceived by the devil's lies.

Bro. Winter

There isn't a worm in existence that can survive more than 1/2 hour in heat, let alone a firey place of torment-- proving its symbolic.

The devils lie is that Gods set of justice scales = this unbalance--- on one side--70-90 years of unrepented sin--- on the otherside--trillions x trillions x trillions, etc, etc of never ending years of eternal suffering as punishment-------- these are satans illusion scales, not Gods---every mortal that knows God--knows his justice scales are perfectly balanced---an eye for an eye.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Bro Steve Winter said:
I understand that the Apostle Paul or Jesus Christ would not be allowed on here but possibly quoting them will be...
They might be allowed here.

After all , there are men in blue , red , and purple dresses with beards who play their music here

Now that's tolerance !!!!!!!

Hashe

Mar 1, 2014
Although done in a poor way, the idea that false teachers should be given tolerance is certainly Biblical.
Unfortunately today, tolerance, and the internet, have paved the way for all sorts of dodgey doctrines.
There appears to be very few people who understand what is key in historical Christianity and was is a side issue.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Hashe said:
Although done in a poor way, the idea that false teachers should be given tolerance is certainly Biblical.
Unfortunately today, tolerance, and the internet, have paved the way for all sorts of dodgey doctrines.
There appears to be very few people who understand what is key in historical Christianity and was is a side issue.

The most important thing for Christianity at any time is this---This is my son the beloved, whom I have approved, LISTEN TO HIM.

Never was done in historical Christianity, not until these last days.
Arnie Manitoba said:
They might be allowed here.

After all , there are men in blue , red , and purple dresses with beards who play their music here

Now that's tolerance !!!!!!!

This seems like a personal attack to one who came here to share out of his heart what he believes is truth.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Brother Steve...I first read the responses to your post when I came in. I didn't read it first because it was really long, so I went back up and read the whole thing.
It is said....you will know my (God's) people by their fruits.
I got radically saved alone in my mothers garage 26 years ago, Christ came into that garage and freed me of all my sins.
The Holy Spirit which has been in me, jumped for joy at your words which you shared.

A lot of Christians just can't seem to man up and just do what Jesus spoke of. The flesh still wants to be the King.
Many get into the details of Christ...BC...AD...etc etc....and they have only been on this planet 20,30,40,50 years.
We all know who is in the details....post trib, pre trib...big deal. Just focus on knowing Christ better.

I've told many men over the years, when your done debating and debating and debating and you are still no better off.
Get in your car drive to a secluded place (no food or water) and don't leave even until death. Stay until you hear from God.
And many have...even warlocks...(true Warlocks) and one by one they came back 3 to 4 days later....and yes....screaming
HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH Jesus is alive....Now they personally know him...and realized debating all the time stunted their growth.

Anyway Steve...Good job..........
Rick
Oh...one more thing....YES, THERE IS A HELL

You guys disabled Steve's account.....Hmmmmmmmm...I hope it wasn't because of this post. Because he was truly right on.
Of course this is the only post I have read of his....I find that interesting.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
This seems like a personal attack to one who came here to share out of his heart what he believes is truth.
I would certainly appear that way at first glance

Until you read all the vile words he used to describe normal Christians here

He started it

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
I would certainly appear that way at first glance

Until you read all the vile words he used to describe normal Christians here

He started it

(Jesus taught-- return evil for evil to no one.) He sees an illusion of what appears to be Christianity. We all think the others are wrong, There is no doubt there are a lot of wicked humans on earth that think they are doing what they should. But we don't have the right to judge individuals--bad teachings is ok. God seems to think the wicked deserve death like in Noahs day and Sodom and Gommorah. I believe every city, town and suberb on earth is a Sodom and Gommorah. Too many eat from the table of demons. Satans #1 tool--throughout mankinds history---getting parents to hand down to their children false god worship, and pagan practices, from generation to generation, so few have a clue. Most just follow the world.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
BrainofJT said:
The fact that you are calling people "vilest of parasites" shows a little something about your own character. Kindness, gentleness, and patience are fruits of the spirit that you may need to work on.
Tolerance of deceivers is tantamount to being in league with them. Allowing deception to flourish is the same thing as being partners with the devil.

Not for nothing does the scripture advise us to be separate from these.

Do not deceive yourself for whatever a man sows, that shall he reap. If a man sows deception and agrees to it where it is found he himself is a also a party to it and will not avoid judgment.

Actually I believe the term 'vilest of parasites' is rather polite. I can think of a few four letter words that would be more descriptive, albeit not appropriate to these pages, but I think you get my drift.

You write of kindnesses undeserved. Respect, my friend, is a thing one earns. It is never a gift.

And it is wise to respect a poisonous snake, for of such are those who promulgate evil.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Nicely put Choir....We are men of God!...we are on the front lines...we are in full battle daily for our Lord, fighting not against flesh and blood. And going around all lovy dovy will not cut it. There's is a time to be passive and show God's love. But we are where we are today by the hands of past Christians who came before us...who never took a stand. It's time now for the man of God who is not ashamed of his name, take his strength and prevail. People have sat back long enough hearing what they want to hear. It's time to enter their ears with truth whether they want to hear it or not.

God Bless all the men in here Lord.....and the armor they prepare to robe. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Tolerance of deceivers is tantamount to being in league with them. Allowing deception to flourish is the same thing as being partners with the devil.

Not for nothing does the scripture advise us to be separate from these.

Do not deceive yourself for whatever a man sows, that shall he reap. If a man sows deception and agrees to it where it is found he himself is a also a party to it and will not avoid judgment.

Actually I believe the term 'vilest of parasites' is rather polite. I can think of a few four letter words that would be more descriptive, albeit not appropriate to these pages, but I think you get my drift.

You write of kindnesses undeserved. Respect, my friend, is a thing one earns. It is never a gift.

And it is wise to respect a poisonous snake, for of such are those who promulgate evil.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Actually Gods word councils one to wipe the dust off of ones feet--not return evil for evil. Either you desire to help those who are lost, or one shouldn't bother.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
RANDOR said:
Nicely put Choir....We are men of God!...we are on the front lines...we are in full battle daily for our Lord, fighting not against flesh and blood. And going around all lovy dovy will not cut it. There's is a time to be passive and show God's love. But we are where we are today by the hands of past Christians who came before us...who never took a stand. It's time now for the man of God who is not ashamed of his name, take his strength and prevail. People have sat back long enough hearing what they want to hear. It's time to enter their ears with truth whether they want to hear it or not.

God Bless all the men in here Lord.....and the armor they prepare to robe. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truth RANDOR!! Whether they refuse or hear...Let us speak the truth even if it takes the hide off backs...Too many softies. Prissy and sissified. Where are the true warriors? Soldiers of the cross of Christ.. Let us hate sin but love the sinner. True love is correction.

You don't see many like the martyrs who went before us.

Let us not ever become watered down. Let us stay uncut and pure. No chaser. Strong in the Lord!! Stand firm!

God bless the true soldiers... Salute!!!