Does this disprove that Jesus was physically resurrected from the dead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a man - Frank Morrison - who set out to write a book disproving the Resurrection. By the time he got to the last page of the book he wrote, he believed in the Resurrection.

(The book is called: "Who Moved the Stone?")
Great book i remember reading it in the early 80's. I still have that small book in my library.

Reactions: farouk

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we learn and appreciate years ago tends to stay with us.....:)
Yes it was around the same time I read Evidence that demands a verdict by John McDowell. The Resurrection has always been one of my favorite doctrines and subjects of study since it is at the center of the gospel message.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes the Resurrection is undeniable when you examine the evidence. There are also secular sources that testify to Jesus crucifixion and Jesus followers seeing Him after His crucifixion. They boldly preached the Resurrection from Pentecost forward and gave their lives for Him because He Rose from the dead and was alive. They were transformed and literally turned the world upside down with the gospel which at its heart/center is the bodily Resurrection of Jesus.

Saul was killing the Christians until the Lord appeared to him personally and Paul gave his life up as a martyr because he was a witness to the risen Lord.
@Christophany Such a remarkable turnaround on the part of Saul/Paul.....

Hardly a matter of mere will-power; it was truly power of God seen in the risen Christ.....

I love the hymn: 'Thine be the glory, risen, conquering Son...'

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hmmm....I get your disbelief in the resurrection being a real event. So it sounds like you do not accept Scripture as even a historical document since you discount the person Jesus being a real person.

Do you discount the non-Scriptural accounts of Jesus also? Do you believe Aristotle ever existed?

Non scriptural accounts of Jesus are very limited and show only that some people believed in the existence of a man named Jesus. Hardly an earthshaking revelation. More evidence for Aristotle than Jesus.

would you die for something you know is a lie ?

or would you admit it was a lie to save your life ?

Are you unaware that Muslims kill themselves fighting the infidels? Why? To get imagined heavenly rewards. Same for the Christians.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non scriptural accounts of Jesus are very limited and show only that some people believed in the existence of a man named Jesus. Hardly an earthshaking revelation. More evidence for Aristotle than Jesus.

Are you unaware that Muslims kill themselves fighting the infidels? Why? To get imagined heavenly rewards. Same for the Christians.
Yes except they believe what they are doing it true and not a lie.

next

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmmm....well, that is not true. When you say things like that it is hard to take you serious when you don't accept facts. I assume you have looked at the historical evidence for the PERSON Jesus vs Aristotle or Plate etc. but maybe you haven't since you flat out say that there is more evidence for one than the other. That is simply and factually not true.

Reactions: ChristisGod