Does this disprove that Jesus was physically resurrected from the dead?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt watch it yet . I wasnt talking about Risen i was talking more about the movies like NOAH
and like MOSES that they recently done . They really destroyed them . And they could have really
been good movies . But they put some new age junk in it . Notice near the beginning
those giant rock trees were fallen angels , and yet somehow they were defending the ark and when one died
it went right back to heaven . NOW that is some seriously messed up stuff right there .
Plus noah never tried to KILL his own grand children . Then they tried to turn it into a love over truth kind of movie .
THEY really butched noah big time . And Moses was not much better either .
i don't watch either. I started watching the Chosen series but gave up as it was too modern.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't watch either. I started watching the Chosen series but gave up as it was too modern.
Yeah , i am very happy to hear you ceased with the chosen . THEY have butched that one too .
I am seeing this love stuff that seems to contradict the LOVE OF GOD , the LOVE OF CHRIST all over todays movies .
Its sensual love is what it is . NOT the love that comes From GOD . AND as always they gonna mix in TRUTH as well .
Its how one decieves . NO false prophet preaches all lies . THEY can preach truths too , and yet they are false .
IT makes them very deceptive . I mean look at how kind this pope we have is . HE always talks about caring for the poor ,
AND YET look at the other things HE has implied . NO false teacher always speaks lies , it comes blended with truths
so as to make the appearance seem geuinue .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
You did just make a real good POINT my friend . Most of the movies are not portraying things accurate as according to Scripture .
And worse more and more of these newer films are turning the image of JESUS into a new age JESUS that even DENIES
some of the teachings of THE JESUS in that bible . SO my advice is let us learn well those bibles and test all things .
You are correct

Reactions: amigo de christo

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I agree, but 'Risen' isn't really biblical but it's thought provoking.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Yeah , i am very happy to hear you ceased with the chosen . THEY have butched that one too .
I am seeing this love stuff that seems to contradict the LOVE OF GOD , the LOVE OF CHRIST all over todays movies .
Its sensual love is what it is . NOT the love that comes From GOD . AND as always they gonna mix in TRUTH as well .
Its how one decieves . NO false prophet preaches all lies . THEY can preach truths too , and yet they are false .
IT makes them very deceptive . I mean look at how kind this pope we have is . HE always talks about caring for the poor ,
AND YET look at the other things HE has implied . NO false teacher always speaks lies , it comes blended with truths
so as to make the appearance seem geuinue .
Did you say "pope we have?" Those who believe in God do not have a pope...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
He did say others things as well but you seem to have homed in on just one word without taking in the context.
I took in the context and made no objections except to something that was not scriptural. I am in this discussion, so when I see "We" I take it that I am included...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you say "pope we have?" Those who believe in God do not have a pope...
Correct with a capital C my friend . I should have just said THIS POPE . But since we are on the note of This pope ,
my advice is heed NONE of them . Tested against the WORD of GOD that institution and leaders have been and let me tell ya
they failed the test big TIME .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a peek at some of this . The churches have failed the peoples .
We must return to those bibles and fast . learn that JESUS . These social clubs aint saving anyone they are decieving them .
The lambs must make our stand and make it now . STAND ON CHRIST , STAND ON BIBLCAL TRUTH and move not away from it .
Take a stand now or fall for the delusion . We have a choice to make . I HAVE MADE MINE LONG AGO .
And no matter the cost of that choice and what is has already cost me and will cost me even more
I REFUSE TO BE MOVED FROM CHRIST , FROM that BIBLE , FROM THE TRUTH .
No matter the cost . IS it cause i love the peoples not , NO its cause I DO LOVE the peoples that i do warn and do remind .
No matter how much many hate me for it . THE LOVE OF GOD , the LOVE OF CHRIST compels me to not only continue
to exhort but TO INCREASE . THIS will more than likely cost me being banned here as well .
But maybe not . But i do it out of LOVE for the peoples . TO REMIND US , WE MUST LOVE CHRIST ABOVE ALL
THEN our brethren as our self . IF WE DONT LOVE CHRIST above all , OUR LOVE will be false towards even the brethren .
JUST like todays love i see in many churches is false . IT wont correct , it wont point to CHRIST , it omits truth for sake of unity .
ITS ALL A DELUSION my friends . BUT GO YE and learn those bibles and see if i lie or is it the social club pastors LYING .
As for me , ITS CHRIST no matter the cost .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Hmmm....I get your disbelief in the resurrection being a real event. So it sounds like you do not accept Scripture as even a historical document since you discount the person Jesus being a real person.

Do you discount the non-Scriptural accounts of Jesus also? Do you believe Aristotle ever existed?
You are funny. Here you are discussing with an atheist and asking him about the son of God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are funny. Here you are discussing with an atheist and asking him about the son of God.
No, I am not asking you about the son of God. I am asking you about the PERSON Jesus. Throw out the testimonies that he was the son of God and performed miracles and rose from the dead! Was he a real person?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
No, I am not asking you about the son of God. I am asking you about the PERSON Jesus.
The person Jesus is the son of God. Therefore you are asking about the son of God.
Throw out the testimonies that he was the son of God and performed miracles and rose from the dead! Was he a real person?
You are not making any sense ...if you throw out what Jesus did, then you are throwing out Jesus. We know Jesus because of what he did. Jesus the son of God is a real person. It is just silly to be asking an atheist about Jesus the son of God while trying to establish that he be accepted as not being the son of God. If he is not the son of God, what is the point of the question? It would be no different than asking if Peter was a real person.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person Jesus is the son of God. Therefore you are asking about the son of God.

You are not making any sense ...if you throw out what Jesus did, then you are throwing out Jesus. We know Jesus because of what he did. Jesus the son of God is a real person. It is just silly to be asking an atheist about Jesus the son of God while trying to establish that he be accepted as not being the son of God. If he is not the son of God, what is the point of the question? It would be no different than asking if Peter was a real person.
Nope, if we deny the testimony of what Jesus did (the miracles, raising from the dead) that is not "throwing out Jesus". That is just throwing out the fantastical things that he allegedly did. If I deny that the magician David Blane can really make himself float that does not deny the actual existence of David Blane!

The point of the question is that Jesus was either a madman, magician or who he said he was; the Prophet. You have clearly rejected him as the Prophet. So, was he a madman or did what the witnesses testify about him performing miracles done by magic?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Nope, if we deny the testimony of what Jesus did (the miracles, raising from the dead) that is not "throwing out Jesus".
But that is exactly what it is...You are assuming that there is a Jesus Christ apart from the Jesus who is the son of God...
That is just throwing out the fantastical things that he allegedly did. If I deny that the magician David Blane can really make himself float that does not deny the actual existence of David Blane!
You are conflating two different arguments. Denying the existence of a person has nothing to do with what they did. It has to do with your belief of their existence. If a man believes Jesus never existed, that is his belief. It has nothing to do with Jesus doing miracles.
The point of the question is that Jesus was either a madman, magician or who he said he was; the Prophet.
That point has nothing to do with if another person believes Jesus never existed.
You have clearly rejected him as the Prophet.
Show where I rejected Jesus as the prophet. You are a liar.

So, was he a madman or did what the witnesses testify about him performing miracles done by magic?
What rubbish are you spewing? Did you witness Jesus doing miracles? It is people like you who turn others from the gospel of Jesus. Instead of being compassionate to those who are yet to believe, you treat them as outcasts. You are acting as though you were always a believer.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few years ago, a controversial documentary was made about the Talpiot Tomb. I've never actually watched it myself. I read that it claims that Jesus's ossuary was found in the tomb. Most scholars have dismissed the findings. However this study seems to raise the chance that the Talpiot Tomb may indeed be Jesus's burial place. Jame's ossuary seems to share chemical similarities with ossuaries from the Talpiot Tomb. The study therefore seems to cast doubt on Jesus's resurrection. Here's the link:New Evidence on the James Ossuary and its Probable Connection to the Talpiot Jesus Tomb
The Tomb of Jesus? Wrong on Every Count

What is the Jesus Family Tomb? Has the lost tomb of Jesus Christ been discovered? | GotQuestions.org

"
At the time of the documentary, many experts in archeology (some Christian, some Jewish, some with no particular beliefs) examined the claims that the Talpiot Tomb contained Jesus and his family, and they roundly rejected it. Their main reasons:

• All of the names found in the tomb are very common in ancient Israel. Some estimate that during the three-to-four generation period that the tomb was in use, there were about 1000 men with the name “Jesus son of Joseph” living in Jerusalem, and many more outside Jerusalem. Archeologists have catalogued three other ossuaries with the name “Jesus son of Joseph.” Mary / Miriam, along with spelling variants, was the name of 21% of Jewish women! A papyrus find from the early second century gave evidence for another family with the names Jesus, Simon, Mary, Jacob and Judah, so this combination of names is not strange.
  • Jacobovici made much of the DNA evidence showing that some of the males in the tomb are related, but Mariamene is not related to Jesus. He claimed that this was proof that the two were married. It doesn’t take much to see the silliness of this claim. Mariamene could have been the wife, daughter, half-sister, or cousin of any of the males in the tomb; the DNA test only proved that the two did not share a mother.
  • Ossuaries were often reused. Amos Kloner, the archeologist who oversaw the initial find, estimated that the ten boxes contained the remains of 17 people, and that the surrounding tomb contained another 30 sets of remains. In particular, the ossuary labeled “Mariamene e Mara” may have contained the bones of two women who died at different times (it may also have been a name and a nickname). So there is no way to tell if any of the bones tested correspond to the names on the boxes. In addition, since the ossuaries and remains were handled by several people after the discovery, it is even possible that the DNA tested came from a modern archeologist.
  • Jacobovici heavily relied on statistical work: what were the odds that this clustering of names was just coincidental, rather than being connected to Jesus’ family? A statistician quoted in the documentary, Andrey Feuerverger, estimated that the odds were 1 in 600 that the collection of names was mere coincidence. But Feuerverger based this on multiple faulty assumptions that were given to him by Jacobovici. Among the faulty assumptions: Jesus’ family had a tomb in Jerusalem (begging the question!); Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene; the name Mariamene is highly likely to refer to Mary Magdalene; a son of Jesus named Judah is historically plausible; and others. Since all of these assumptions are highly suspect, the resulting odds are not worth much."
  • New Claims Regarding the “Family of Jesus” Tomb
Have We Really Discovered the Tomb of Jesus? | Cold Case Christianity

The Tomb of Jesus? Wrong on Every Count