Donald Trump says he will be a 'dictator'...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I almost dropped out of my chair with the morning news when George Stephanopoulos came up with this as I was settling in, as I am sure most people would. So I switched to the other news stations and found nothing on this so checked other sources and finally found some context. It was said in jest or mocking what some people have said about the former President, but without context it can be taken a long wait into much confusion...

Trump says he will be a dictator only on ‘day one’ if elected president​

Donald Trump says he will be a 'dictator' only on 'day one.' Then he'll focus on drilling.​

Trump: I won’t be a dictator ‘except for day one’​

And video proclaiming much the same...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I almost dropped out of my chair with the morning news when George Stephanou's came up with this, as I am sure most people would. So I switched to the other news stations and found nothing on this so checked other sources and finally found some context. It was said in jest or mocking what some people have said about the former President, but without context it can be taken a long wait into much confusion...

Donald Trump says he will be a 'dictator' only on 'day one.' Then he'll focus on drilling.​

The only media that tells the truth is Fox News, all of the rest of them are blatant liars.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only media that tells the truth is Fox News, all of the rest of them are blatant liars.
Nope. Even Fox is controlled media. They tell you what they are told to tell you.
Thats why Tucker left and Lou Dobbs left and many others walked away from Fox.
Anything in the main stream news is suspect.
Fox may be the closest but it's not fully transparent.
Neither is NewsMax or the one Steve Bannon is on.. America First news?
They so far behind in what they are telling you.
What they say today I knew a year ago.

So what Trump actually said is he will dictate on day one to close the border and drill drill drill.
That's not dictatorship, that's governance.

Hugs

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Even Fox is controlled media. They tell you what they are told to tell you.
Thats why Tucker left and Lou Dobbs left and many others walked away from Fox.
Anything in the main stream news is suspect.
Fox may be the closest but it's not fully transparent.
Neither is NewsMax or the one Steve Bannon is on.. America First news?
They so far behind in what they are telling you.
What they say today I knew a year ago.

So what Trump actually said is he will dictate on day one to close the border and drill drill drill.
That's not dictatorship, that's governance.

Hugs
Who are they 'controlled' by?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dictator on first day. He said of authorizing oil drilling likely on federal lands.
And he may pardon Jan 6 Defendents.
Dictatorial powers are also known as Executive orders. And he said only on DAY ONE. not from DAY ONE.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dictator on first day. He said of authorizing oil drilling likely on federal lands.
And he may pardon Jan 6 Defendents.
Dictatorial powers are also known as Executive orders. And he said only on DAY ONE. not from DAY ONE.
Thing is, it all depends on who is reporting it...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much!

It blows my mind that there is such a rabid following for him.
It must be a worry for Americans. Just keep praying. Our politics in the UK are all over the place with a weak leader and self-serving politicians instead of those with integrity who have a true social conscience.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God save the USA from this maniac who thinks he's God.
So who should lead America, Biden, Harris, they are unfit to say the least. But it seems as I told my close friend, we have been given the proverbial Gordons Knot, how we can unravel it to find a good leader. We had the same type of choice in the island, and we are suffering to this day from it...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must be a worry for Americans. Just keep praying. Our politics in the UK are all over the place with a weak leader and self-serving politicians instead of those with integrity who have a true social conscience.
We had some good presidents. The current two party selection is a bit muddied by the media on both sides.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I almost dropped out of my chair with the morning news when George Stephanopoulos came up with this as I was settling in, as I am sure most people would. So I switched to the other news stations and found nothing on this so checked other sources and finally found some context. It was said in jest or mocking what some people have said about the former President, but without context it can be taken a long wait into much confusion...

He probably meant dictating, like as in giving word to a secretary to be taken down.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But the thing is the world is going to get worse and worse, according to Matthew 24. There will be an opening for Antichrist under the guise of peace, when there is none.
Since, the antichrist is both political and religious, I am having a whale of a time trying to figure in where trump is in all of this. the only thing I can think of is that he is making way for more tyrannical laws, and perhaps leading to a a forced religion. Look how many people he got to say the election was a fraud. Even though several of his assistants have taken that back, there are many others who believe that. Many evangelicals Remember all of the "prophets" who said trump had won, and that God was with him. He was never kind, always retributive, no eloquence at all.There are many that don't like him, but many that do. As for the Make America Great again thing, he didn't do it the first time, did he? And being mean to some of the world leaders. Everything was always about him (I alone can fix this) Putting inexperienced people in places of power, Betsy and Ben.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He probably meant dictating, like as in giving word to a secretary to be taken down.
Its just the way he is, the my way or the highway line of thought. And I feel he is going to put aside anything or anybody that keeps him from winning the election, so their will be much conflict coming...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are they 'controlled' by?
Will you watch?
Sometimes people ask the questions but they don't want to hear the answers.
So I'll put this here and you decide if you want to hear it or not.
Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I saw the interview with Hannity. I think Hannity asked Donald if he was going to be a dictator. Donald jokingly stated there were a couple of things he wanted to get done on Day 1, like close the southern border. I suppose the media will twist that into saying Donald wants to be a dictator.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I saw the interview with Hannity. I think Hannity asked Donald if he was going to be a dictator. Donald jokingly stated there were a couple of things he wanted to get done on Day 1, like close the southern border. I suppose the media will twist that into saying Donald wants to be a dictator.
It is called executive orders, All POTUS can dictatorially do that, and they all do it. Democrat's MSM must be brain dead or think all people are brain dead morons to believe the kinds of fear mongering they dredge up all the time.

I see some are saying they will leave the US if Trump is elected, that is a good sign, and good riddance.

Reactions: Taken and marks