Donald Trump says he will be a 'dictator'...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Qualifications to be a US President is not about LIKING the Person.

Curious…How did y’all in the UK “like” Obama?
I really liked Obama. I think most people did. I believe he is a Christian. I don't believe Trump is.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.
Seems you do not…why?
Look, I don't want to say anything that may offend you. You clearly like the man, so let's just leave it there.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really liked Obama. I think most people did. I believe he is a Christian. I don't believe Trump is.

I don’t know Obama…maybe he is a likable guy…however he claimed to be a college Constitutional lecturer…..and WAS NOT eligible according to the Constitution to Be a LEGAL US President.

How do you feel about people who with Intend commit FRAUD?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, I don't want to say anything that may offend you. You clearly like the man, so let's just leave it there.

I take no offense for disagreeing.
I think Bill Clinton appears as a likable sort of guy, but no doubt was a disrespectful scum bag regarding the People’s Office.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. I am not having a conversations with a tv program. Can you not answer for yourself?
Donald Trump's "narcissistic injury" from losing the 2020 election to President Joe Biden has grown into something much worse that threatens American democracy, according to psychology experts.

The former president has been presenting himself as a godly figure as he explicitly threatens to behave like a dictator if re-elected to another term, and several experts from various fields told Salon that was an alarming – if somewhat predictable – escalation of his authoritarian ambitions.

"It’s much too late for Republican voters and Trump supporters," said Joe Walsh, a former Tea Party Republican congressman. "Trump has moved from their champion to their cult leader, to a martyr, and now to some sort of deity. You combine the need for an authoritarian with the evangelical/fervent belief in God’s ordained plan, presto – you have Donald Trump."

"My engagement every day with these good folks has made crystal clear to me that this 'God complex' contagion had spread, its spread beyond the GOP base and it’s spread to lower information voters who really dislike either party and believe our political system is aloof and broken," Walsh added. "For them, Trump does not come from the normal political system, he comes from the world they come from, he’s been hugely successful, he’s enormously flawed, but who gives a damn, he’s chosen to turn the political system upside down and make it work for them."

Story by Travis Gettys

He says so much better than I can. And this sort of reporting is all over the internet here in the UK. I haven't read one thing about him that I admire.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are obviously a fan and he can do no wrong.
If you go back and read what I wrote in post #97 this is what I said and I meant it:

You know Friend,
I'm not so blinded by one party or the other to believe that we all could be being manipulated into the pens.
It could be a good cop, bad cop situation and eventually could trap us all.
I am not ignorant of Satan's devices. And sometimes what looks too good to be true actually can be.
I am not following Trump with my eyes closed. I am watching and listening and being precautious.

Having said that. I been watching this man since 2015. Maybe not enough history but enough current events, that so far I have not found anything which would lead me to believe he does not sincerely love this country and the people in it.
I have watched every rally, every speech, every conferance, every tweet, every action and reaction to the media.

Everyone says Trump lies, but I haven't heard a lie yet. I could be missing something and I would appreciate people pointing out exactly where he lied, when he said it, did he actually say it, provide evidence of him saying it, and look at it word for word in the context given.

Kind of the same way we disect the bible.

Show me, where, when, and who he was talking to or about... show me.
Because I admit I have some bias against the left's policies and where this country is heading under democratic leadership.
Is my bias blinding my vision. And if so, I want to see it.

So I ask.. PLEASE SHOW ME where Trump has lied. Not fudged a couple numbers or something stupid and irrelevant.
Show me a lie that has effected the nation as a whole.

Google it, copy paste articles, news stories.. whatever.. just provide some evidence so we can examine if it be truth or not.
Don't just say, Trump said or Trump did or people say.... SHOW ME.

Hugs

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know Obama…maybe he is a likable guy…however he claimed to be a college Constitutional lecturer…..and WAS NOT eligible according to the Constitution to Be a LEGAL US President.

How do you feel about people who with Intend commit FRAUD?
I'm not US citizen so don't know your constitutional laws. But it seems this discussion has stirred people up; this site hasn't been so active for months.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I ask.. PLEASE SHOW ME where Trump has lied.
He says he is a Christian. Do you believe him to be born again? Standing holding a bible isn't proof.

But this is all getting too emotional for me so I'll say good night, check out and hope we can all still be friends on other less intense threads.

Reactions: Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I watched a little of the MSN video saying Trump will be a dictator if placed in office. And looking back between Biden and Trump it looks like the MSN is trying to take the heat off Biden and put it on Trump in a way that is falsely fabricating and ignoring the truth.

The video was an obvious lie and an attempt to steer the ignorant public away from voting for Trump.

I really would rather see a better option for pres than what I think will surface, but that's me.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I watched a little of the MSN video saying Trump will be a dictator if placed in office. And looking back between Biden and Trump it looks like the MSN is trying to take the heat off Biden and put it on Trump in a way that is falsely fabricating and ignoring the truth.

The video was an obvious lie and an attempt to steer the ignorant public away from voting for Trump.

I really would rather see a better option for pres than what I think will surface, but that's me.
I made another thread called To my Democrat friends....

There I posted 2 videos from C-Span that were holding presidential candidates that are not on the Mainstream media.
The first video is of Democrat candidates and there are about 18 of them I think.
And the 2nd video is with about 5 republicans.
I haven't watched the 2nd one yet. But I did watch the 1st.
Now if your a moderate regardless of what party. You may find some of these candidates worth looking into.
I listened to all of them. And I found a few that had some of the same down the middle values that I believe a lot of people might be looking for.
The reason I posted those videos is because I believe that the DNC has opted out of having debates. And I didn't feel that was very "democratic" for those who are looking for other choices. So I posted it.
Everyone should have the right to hear anyone who wants to run for president.
That's the very reason why this is a republic. For the people and by the people.
I'll find them...

Everyone has choices.

Hugs

Reactions: dev553344

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may not be on the ballot, but that doesn't mean you can't write them in.
And they all have a website you can visit to get to know their views.

No one should prevent others from running for President.
ONLY DICTATORS DO THAT.

HUGS

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched this. the msnbc anchors and that man are accusing trump of what THE LIBERAL AGENDA has been guilty of all along .
I watched as he even said , he was not comparing trump to hilter but that
YET THAT IS WHAT THEY BEEN DOING ALL ALONG . they the ones USIING the SYSTEM to shut down any and all voices
that oppose them .

Biden has an agenda …
To “save the Democracy”….

And Trump has an agenda …
To “save the Republic”…

Every American citizen is under the authority of a Constitutional Republic and Every sovereign State is guaranteed a Republic form of Government.

And God has an agenda…
To “save Sinners”…

Over 130+ times IN Scripture a “TRUMP” is sounded to pay attention….

Oh wait…Some Trumps only believers “in Christ” can hear….and others can not.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will look up what this document is The Religious Tolerance Act and see what it says.
But remember, this IS America and the First amendment allows freedom of religion for all.
If this document says we shall all be ruled by the tolerance of a particular religion, then we got problems.
But if each citizen is allowed their freedom to have their religion and to worship or not worship how they see fit, (as long as it does not cause harm to other citizens) then it is a protected right under the constitution.
It may not be God's law, but it is the Law of the land.
I will find it and read it.
Thank you for sharing my friend.
Hugs
I can't find the Executive order regarding the Religious Tolerance Act, but I did find an article on it @amigo de christo

Donald Trump Signs Executive Order to Make Religious Freedom a Foreign Policy Priority​

Jun 03, 2020 at 8:47 AM EDT

President Donald Trump has signed an executive order declaring the effort to protect religious freedom both a domestic and foreign policy priority.

Trump quietly signed the executive order on Advancing International Religious Freedom on Tuesday, as nationwide protests over police brutality and systemic racism in the wake of George Floyd's death continued to dominate headlines.

The executive order dedicates $50 million for the State Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to fund programs that promote and defend religious freedoms abroad.

The order also calls on diplomats to work harder to hold partner countries to account over religious discrimination.

"Religious freedom, America's first freedom, is a moral and national security imperative," the order states. "Religious freedom for all people worldwide is a foreign policy priority of the United States, and the United States will respect and vigorously promote this freedom."

The president did not appear to hold any public ceremony for the signing, which, according to The Hill, took place after the president and First Lady Melania Trump visited the Saint John Paul II National Shrine in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday afternoon.

In a tweet, the first lady celebrated the executive order, noting that it came on the 41st anniversary of Pope John Paul II's first pilgrimage to Poland.

Vice President Mike Pence also tweeted in support of the order, writing that he was "proud to stand with [Trump] today as he continued to take decisive action to promote Religious Freedom around the world."

In a statement published online, USAID Acting Administrator John Barsa welcomed the order, saying the agency was "grateful for the President's leadership in advancing religious freedom around the world."

"Americans have always believed our first freedom is the freedom of religion, and it is a key component of our national security strategy," Barsa wrote. "Whether in response to genocide committed against Christians and Yazidis in Northern Iraq, or the ethnic cleansing of the Muslim Rohingya in Burma, the institutional culture regarding international religious freedom has become a top priority at USAID."

Trump's executive order comes following the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom's (USCIRF) annual report, which was published in April.

For the first time, the report recommended that India be designated a "Country of Particular Concern" due to its "sharp downward turn" in religious freedom in 2019, particularly regarding concerns over the country's treatment of Muslims.

For the first time, the report recommended that India be designated a "Country of Particular Concern" due to its "sharp downward turn" in religious freedom in 2019, particularly regarding concerns over the country's treatment of Muslims.

"This Executive Order encourages swift action by the U.S. government to hold accountable foreign governments that commit severe violations and substantially increases U.S. economic assistance to support programs that advance religious freedom around the world," Perkins said.

"USCIRF has long called on the U.S. government to develop an overall strategy for promoting religious freedom abroad, as well as country-specific action plans, and we welcome the fact that this Executive Order requires the State Department and USAID to do exactly that," USCIRF Vice Chair Gayle Manchin said in a separate statement. "We also appreciate the express reference to U.S. officials working for the release of religious prisoners of conscience, which is a high priority for USCIRF."

The day before signing the religious freedom order, Trump had walked from the White House to pose for photos outside the St. John's Episcopal Church, where he held up a Bible.

The president faced swift condemnation over the photo op, as protesters alleged police had used smoke canisters and pepper balls to force them to clear the area ahead of the gesture.

Rev. Gini Gerbasi, the rector at St. John's Episcopal Church of Georgetown, told CNN that she had witnessed police fire the smoke canisters and pepper balls at peaceful protesters so the president could make his way to the church without incident and pose for photos.

Gerbasi said that she herself had been forced to run from police out of fear after trying to help demonstrators.

The rector said she had not been aware of Trump's plans for a photo op outside the church and was left in disbelief after learning that protesters might have been dispersed in order for the event to take place.

"I was already stunned and shocked and deeply, deeply offended that they had taken what had become holy ground and had been holy ground for 200 years and literally desecrated it, turned it into not a metaphorical battleground, but a literal battleground," Gerbasi told CNN. "Just the aggression and the innocent protesters, driving them off of church property, for whatever reason. At the time I didn't know why," she said.

When she received a text message informing her that Trump was at the church posing with a Bible, Gerbasi said: "I couldn't believe it."

1702168106751.png

Actually the Bible he is holding is NOT upside down is it?
HMMMMM
Peaceful protesters... okay..

Anywho I can't find the EO.

Do you know that every EO from every President has been recorded in the National Archives?
Did you know they removed President Trumps EO's?

I find that rather odd.

I'll keep looking though.

There is also a lot of history regarding this same Religious Tolerance Act which goes back Bill Clinton in 1988.
I haven't read the article yet, just the caption. It's behind a paywall.. anywho. It originated in Europe some 200 years ago

Toleration Act, (May 24, 1689), act of Parliament granting freedom of worship to Nonconformists (i.e., dissenting Protestants such as Baptists and Congregationalists). It was one of a series of measures that firmly established the Glorious Revolution (1688-89) in England.

Apparently something new is afoot. I'll follow up later:

As the Religious Freedom Restoration Act Turns 30, the “Most Precious of All American Liberties” Is Again at Risk​

December 6, 2023

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As the Religious Freedom Restoration Act Turns 30, the “Most Precious of All American Liberties” Is Again at Risk​

December 6, 2023

SUMMARY

Consistent with America’s Founders’ view that the free exercise of religion is a preferred inalienable right, the Supreme Court interpreted the First Amendment to require strict scrutiny of government interference with religious practice. In Employment Division v. Smith, the Court reversed those priorities, allowing the government to restrict religious freedom with few limitations. Congress enacted the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) to undo the damage by restoring the strict scrutiny standard, leaving to courts how it should be applied in individual cases. Today, as the RFRA turns 30 years old, a campaign is underway seeking to restrict the RFRA the way the Supreme Court restricted the First Amendment, by blocking any protection for disfavored religious practices.

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

Government should be able to interfere with religious practice only as a last resort, and no more than necessary, because it is a preferred, inalienable right.

Congress enacted, with wide support, the RFRA to restore protection for religious freedom that the Supreme Court eliminated.

As the RFRA turns 30, a campaign is afoot to again make protection of religious freedom selective and political, rather than universal and consistent.

When unanimously enacting the International Religious Freedom Act
in 1998, Congress recognized that “[t]he right to freedom of religion undergirds the very origin and existence of the United States.

People began coming to North America to practice their faith without government interference long before the United States was born. By then, writes Professor Michael McConnell, “the American states had already experienced 150 years of a higher degree of religious diversity than had existed anywhere else in the world.

America’s Founders considered the right of conscience, which includes the right to freely exercise religion, to be what McConnell calls a “special case requiring special protection. The Supreme Court developed a protective legal standard suitable for a right that, it recognized, occupied a “preferred position.

Under this standard, often called strict scrutiny, the government “may justify an inroad on religious liberty [only] by showing that it is the least restrictive means of achieving some compelling state interest.

Strict scrutiny comports with the fact that, as the Senate Judiciary Committee noted in a 1993 report, the United States “was founded upon the conviction that the right to observe one’s faith, free from Government interference, is among the most treasured birthrights of every American.

The right to exercise religion is not merely one of many competing values but, James Madison argued, it “is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

As a result, Justice Antonin Scalia explained in a 1989 opinion, the Supreme Court held in a series of precedents “that the free exercise clause of the First Amendment required religious beliefs to be accommodated by granting religion-specific exemptions from otherwise applicable laws.

OK it's a LONG read, but the takeaway so far I found is this:

And now, as the RFRA turns 30 years old, a campaign is underway to limit it even further by blocking its application entirely from substantial areas of federal statutory and regulatory law.

The Equality Act. The Equality Act

Senator Jeff Merkley (D–OR) introduced S. 5 on June 21, 2023, and it currently has 49 Democrat co-sponsors. Representative Mark Takano (D–CA) introduced the parallel H.R. 15 on the same day, and it currently has 214 Democrat co-sponsors.

would amend seven federal statutes

These are the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Government Employee Rights Act, Congressional Accountability Act, Civil Service Reform Act, Fair Housing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and 28 U.S.C. § 1862.

to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in areas such as places of public accommodation, employment, housing, credit, and jury service. It provides that the RFRA “shall not provide a claim concerning, or a defense to a claim under, a covered title, or provide a basis for challenging the application of enforcement of a covered title.”

If the Equality Act becomes law, therefore, no one could claim that any federal government action under any of these statutes burdened their exercise of religion. The government could, either intentionally or incidentally, limit, restrict, or even prohibit religious practices without any regard for religious freedom whatsoever.

So basically if this passes and let's just say you don't want to bake a cake with a phallis on top...
too bad, your religious rights don't matter.

And who is introducing this bill?

Tells you right up there.. the democrats.

Anywhooo, nothing to see here folks, move along move along...

hugs

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is our government in the U.S., 1 day ago.They vetoed a ceasefire for humanitarian efforts put forth by the U.N.on the Israeli/ Hamas fighting; U.K abstained !

Praise God, that we trust in him rather than man, governments & man !

The U.N. chief stated he will NOT give up, today.

Reactions: Pearl

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we be aiding and abetting the enemy of the very people they say they are protecting?

I agree with humanitarian going to the people of GAZA..
But it's being consficated by hamas and the people are suffering anyways.
This is a travesty.

PRAY

Reactions: L.A.M.B.