Don't Be Fed By Temptation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
"Don't Be Fed By Temptation"
By Zach Wood
Galatians 5:16
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Out of all the times I used to visit zoos when I was a kid, I very well remember signs that read "Please Do Not Feed The Animals" on many of the cages and fences. As I child, I would wonder why I couldn't. I always wondered what would happen if I put food through the fence or hole of the cage. Not only did the signs tell me not to feed the animals, the workers and my parents told me as well. Not until I was older do I remember seeing news casts on TV about kids and adults who were injured because they ignored the signs and fed the animals, only to their horror of the aftermath of doing so.
When I think of our life with Christ, I see temptations and sinful things trying to make their way into our path and lifestyle. Satan tries to feed us lies and make sin seem very appetizing. We, just like the animals, grab the food and sometimes go completely crazy with the temptations we just took in.
The Apostle Paul is very clear that we cannot live both by the Spirit of God and by the sinful nature. If we want to have life by the Spirit, we must make a serious effort to not take in the temptations that Satan throws our way. We must be strong and steadfast, holding onto the very truth of God. I find it amazing and sad how fast I can be drawn to the sinful nature and not even realize what I am doing. The disguises Satan throws at me are unbelievable. I am sure most of you feel the same way when you are attacked.
If we truly desire to live by the Spirit, we will make a conscious effort to do things in our day that will not make us easy prey with temptation. We must be smart and keep God's Word in our hearts so we can be strong. If we live by the Spirit, the desires of the sinful nature will grow on us less and less. We simply cannot do it alone. We must allow God to guide us and help us be strong.
My encouragement to you and to myself is "Don't Be Fed By Temptation".