Don't drink cow's milk ..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Odd but true: In 1973, I ruptured my Achilles tendon. A very respected surgeon in San Francisco who repaired it went on an absolute rant about how cow's milk should be "outlawed" because it contains an "enzyme intended for the calf" that is dangerous to humans. Since I'm not much of a milk drinker, it just went in one ear and out the other, but I've always remembered it because he was so adamant.

Stick with Guinness Stout. You can't go wrong.
interesting.. And how is it dangerous?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't drank cows milk in decades. Organic or otherwise is cruelty. Because for the cow to produce milk she has to be kept perpetually pregnant so to produce milk.

And that provides meat for the veal industry. The baby is taken from her at birth and fed a milky gruel so that the calf gets no iron or minerals. They're called, milk fed veal , later after being butchered at less than 3 months of age.

They are kept in tiny crates so they can't build muscle and make their meat tough.

As is the case with regularly fed calves .

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Generations of human beings have drunk cows milk and come to no harm. How could an "enzyme" in the milk possibly hurt us? (1) It would be inactivated by the pasteurisation process and (2) it would be quickly destroyed as soon as it entered our stomachs.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't drank cows milk in decades. Organic or otherwise is cruelty. Because for the cow to produce milk she has to be kept perpetually pregnant so to produce milk.

And that provides meat for the veal industry. The baby is taken from her at birth and fed a milky gruel so that the calf gets no iron or minerals. They're called, milk fed veal , later after being butchered at less than 3 months of age.

They are kept in tiny crates so they can't build muscle and make their meat tough.

As is the case with regularly fed calves .
What are your views on cheese, butter and yogurt? Thanks.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your views on cheese, butter and yogurt? Thanks.
I go the soy route for cheese and butter. Though I keep it at a minimum for any soy products because soy is high in estrogen.

I love Greek yogurt, so I go with the dairy Stonyfield brand there.

From my understanding, Stonyfield keeps the calves with their mamas.
And in this way they can cycle the heffers pregnancies so the whole of the herd isn't perpetually pregnant.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm going to try not to drink cow's milk again then. :(
It's the way the cow is bred and bred for production and given hormones, etc ...and what they are fed. God created cattle to eat grass. And He didn't intend for us to drink pasteurized milk that has had all of it's natural enzymes killed. If the cow is eating things they're not created to eat (like grains and meat, which they do in feed lots) it is passed through their milk to you and you can have a histamine reaction ...plus, all the enzymes are destroyed by pasteurization and you can't digest any of it. The enzymes aren't harmful. They're necessary for digesting milk proteins and sugars. Organic raw milk, or at least low-temp pasteurized milk is better than the junk you buy at most grocery stores.