Don't drink cow's milk ..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer drink cow's milk because I learned that the cellular structure of a cow's milk is not the same as the cellular structure in human breast milk from your mother so I no longer drink other animal's milk as for one big reason, I think for the cellular structure difference reasoning, I think it can cause cancer. I think goat's milk is not the same cellular structure as human milk also. I also am against drinking non-organic animal milk (cow, goat or any other) because I don't support farmers who inject in animals to produce milk all day. I think it's cruel, animal cruelty. I have even tried to be a vegetarian or is it vegan, but I found that I can't seem to ever be one while some others can, so each person's body seems to really be different in how they can make their diet but since I can't be a vegetarian or vegan, at least I can be the least cruel and try my best not to waste food. It's probably like no wonder I never liked cow's milk but was given false information about it that it was good for me. I hope as many people as possible will follow my advice in this thread and have compassion which is also in line with being Godly, and that you will have learned something new like I did. I am convinced and have stopped drinking animal milk like the cow's (and I don't drink any other animal milk anyway) for over a week now. Alternatively, I would only drink unsweetened organic soy milk, almond milk and oat milk (plant and nut milk). God bless!

edit.. Same as for dairy. I am skeptical! I am not much a fan for dairy anyway.
Soybeans have this toxin,(SBTX) which is a 44 kDa glycoprotein that is lethal to mice) . Undercooked beans are toxic. So you are substituting something I grew up with for something probably worse. Organic dairy is absolutely better and for some, no dairy good too. Soybean products may cause allergic reactions too: itchy skin, diarrhea, even vomiting ... I never felt that with a glass of milk.
I avoid all soy products, always have. Tofu ... yuck!

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of most common meats, I think pork is the one most susceptible to parasites and diseases, which is why I mentioned it.

I think you are misquoting God with the reference to allowing fathers to sell daughters as sex-slaves. Are you referring to a particular passage? I know there were financial penalties for sex outside of marriage, but nowhere does God condone or permit sex-slavery. He required the death penalty for the worst cases of rape, and even for adultery, so hard to envisage the same God allowed sex-slavery.

Definitely agree sugar is a toxin, and cannabis (in correct dosages for the correct reasons) is a better medicine than most of what can be bought at a pharmacy. But I think modern "science" errs more on the side of being wrong, than being right.
The Mosaic Law regulated the selling of daughters into concubinage which were not wives but essentially sex slaves.

“When a man sells his daughter as a concubine, she is not to leave as the male slaves do. Exodus 21:7

“If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. Exodus 21:10

And I disagree with you on sugar and pot. Kids eating cereal and candy is fine...giving them pot....I do not think so.

Besides all the problems that pot use can cause, people with prescriptions for pot generally believe that it gives them the right to drive stoned....buzzed or whatever.

Jan 11, 2023
Barbosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're going to find out how harmful marijuana actually is after a few more years of legality.

People used to laugh at moralists re: "Reefer Madness," etc., but new links to nihilism and psychosis are being discovered more and more as time passes.

The alarm arising from the increasing frequency of senseless mass shootings (that are now beginning to proliferate worldwide) has caused some to research the conveniently immediate blood test results and pathology reports on the deceased offenders which have shown THC to be prevailing substance onboard.

An unpopular view, to be sure, but folks generally only want to hear good news about their bad habits and time will tell the true story regardless of what we think.
a) It's not marijuana that these mass shooters are on (or at least, causing the psychopathy) - it's serious prescription medication, and that definitely is harmful.
b) All medicine is bad when abused, but cannabis is actually one of the least harmful for overuse. I'm not saying it's not harmful, but try abusing most prescription drugs and you'll end up dead much sooner.
c) Cannabis has far more health benefits and far fewer side effects than most prescription medications.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno. I still think God prohibited bacon for a reason, and I'm not convinced of any health benefits. Modern "science" gets a lot of things wrong.
A little old school there on pork.....old country boy.....I was raised with people that thought that. Now a days you are more likely to get ill or die from lettuce.

Reactions: Nancy
Jan 11, 2023
Barbosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosaic Law regulated the selling of daughters into concubinage which were not wives but essentially sex slaves.

“When a man sells his daughter as a concubine, she is not to leave as the male slaves do. Exodus 21:7

“If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. Exodus 21:10

And I disagree with you on sugar and pot. Kids eating cereal and candy is fine...giving them pot....I do not think so.

Besides all the problems that pot use can cause, people with prescriptions for pot generally believe that it gives them the right to drive stoned....buzzed or whatever.
A concubine is like a wife, but without the title and some of the benefits. The biblical reference is effectively to an arranged marriage (for the purpose of bearing children), not sex slavery. If you equate being a concubine with sex slavery, you likely aren't familiar with the human trafficking going on today?

Being a concubine in those times is probably similar to being a surrogate mother today (the woman rents her womb for the development and birth of the child), but concubinage was probably more moral, as the arrangement was permanent (rather than temporary, for the woman to be later used by other men).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A concubine is like a wife, but without the title and some of the benefits. The biblical reference is effectively to an arranged marriage (for the purpose of bearing children), not sex slavery. If you equate being a concubine with sex slavery, you likely aren't familiar with the human trafficking going on today?

Being a concubine in those times is probably similar to being a surrogate mother today (the woman rents her womb for the development and birth of the child), but concubinage was probably more moral, as the arrangement was permanent (rather than temporary, for the woman to be later used by other men).
Rather than debate this with me....because you will lose....you need to look into how concubinage worked in the Hebrew culture.....they were sold and not having sex was not an option for them. In other words sold into sexual slavery.

And the big difference between concubinage and human trafficking.....fathers generally do not sell their daughters into human trafficking.....as far as I am concerned concubinage and human trafficking are evil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy
Jan 11, 2023
Barbosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than debate this with me....because you will lose....you need to look into how concubinage worked in the Hebrew culture.....they were sold and not having sex was not an option for them. In other words sold into sexual slavery.

And the big difference between concubinage and human trafficking.....father generally do not sell their daughters into human trafficking.....as far as I am concerned concubinage and human trafficking are evil.
I'm not so interested to debate, 'though I doubt I'd lose. However were we to do so, we'd have to define our terms first. For example, I don't consider marriages (even arranged marriages for money) to be slavery. I don't believe God would promote sexual slavery either, and given it was God who ordained the practice you describe, perhaps you'd be better off debating God? I'm certain you'd lose that one.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not so interested to debate, 'though I doubt I'd lose. However were we to do so, we'd have to define our terms first. For example, I don't consider marriages (even arranged marriages for money) to be slavery. I don't believe God would promote sexual slavery either, and given it was God who ordained the practice you describe, perhaps you'd be better off debating God? I'm certain you'd lose that one.
Don't have to debate God.....I am not Jewish. Because of that I do not have to justify or agree with a lot of things that went on in the Old Testament----Old Covenant. And as a Christian with Christian morals and standards I can say that a lot of what went on in the Old Testament was immoral.

And if you do not consider arranged marriages for money slavery, then you are probably one of those that try to mix Judaism with Christianity and Christ warned about that. At that we are on two sides of the fence....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the big difference between concubinage and human trafficking.....fathers generally do not sell their daughters into human trafficking.....as far as I am concerned concubinage and human trafficking are evil.
Has anyone mentioned "just Lot" and how he was ready and willing to give his virgin daughters to those men. Go did not seem angry at that. Wow, if my father ever did that to me or my sisters, I would rather have died! I've had run ins with men at an early age, and then even more filthy pigs at grammar school, 6th grade. I will not even mention the things they did to us girls. Horrible and teachers (yes, even back in the 60's and 70's, turned a blind eye.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) It's not marijuana that these mass shooters are on (or at least, causing the psychopathy) - it's serious prescription medication, and that definitely is harmful.
b) All medicine is bad when abused, but cannabis is actually one of the least harmful for overuse. I'm not saying it's not harmful, but try abusing most prescription drugs and you'll end up dead much sooner.
c) Cannabis has far more health benefits and far fewer side effects than most prescription medications.

We shall see.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have issues with plant based milks. Cows milk eases my heartburn. Not going to give it up.

No need to give up anything against your will. Heartburn rarely occurs due to a dairy deficiency, however. There are other remedies that can often heal gastrointestinal tracts so thoroughly that easing is no longer necessary. One of the best is Slippery Elm Bark. :)

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to give up anything against your will. Heartburn rarely occurs due to a dairy deficiency, however. There are other remedies that can often heal gastrointestinal tracts so thoroughly that easing is no longer necessary. One of the best is Slippery Elm Bark. :)
I am on blood pressure medication. I cannot take remedies like this. They don't interact well with the medication.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had to drink goats milk as a baby. Probably why I am so hard headed.

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer drink cow's milk because I learned that the cellular structure of a cow's milk is not the same as the cellular structure in human breast milk from your mother so I no longer drink other animal's milk as for one big reason, I think for the cellular structure difference reasoning, I think it can cause cancer. I think goat's milk is not the same cellular structure as human milk also. I also am against drinking non-organic animal milk (cow, goat or any other) because I don't support farmers who inject in animals to produce milk all day. I think it's cruel, animal cruelty. I have even tried to be a vegetarian or is it vegan, but I found that I can't seem to ever be one while some others can, so each person's body seems to really be different in how they can make their diet but since I can't be a vegetarian or vegan, at least I can be the least cruel and try my best not to waste food. It's probably like no wonder I never liked cow's milk but was given false information about it that it was good for me. I hope as many people as possible will follow my advice in this thread and have compassion which is also in line with being Godly, and that you will have learned something new like I did. I am convinced and have stopped drinking animal milk like the cow's (and I don't drink any other animal milk anyway) for over a week now. Alternatively, I would only drink unsweetened organic soy milk, almond milk and oat milk (plant and nut milk). God bless!

edit.. Same as for dairy. I am skeptical! I am not much a fan for dairy anyway.
You mentioned you can't be a vegetarian vegan?
do you eat animal meat?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used oat milk, for similar reasons.

Did you know that they kill the calf of a cow, to make her produce more milk (after the calf's birth)?

There will be a day of reckoning for people who treat animals, this way!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl
Jan 11, 2023
Barbosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't have to debate God.....I am not Jewish. Because of that I do not have to justify or agree with a lot of things that went on in the Old Testament----Old Covenant. And as a Christian with Christian morals and standards I can say that a lot of what went on in the Old Testament was immoral.

And if you do not consider arranged marriages for money slavery, then you are probably one of those that try to mix Judaism with Christianity and Christ warned about that. At that we are on two sides of the fence....
God is a Holy God. There is no hint of immorality with Him, and I don't believe a Christian can accept any other position.