Don't drink cow's milk ..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to give up anything against your will. Heartburn rarely occurs due to a dairy deficiency, however. There are other remedies that can often heal gastrointestinal tracts so thoroughly that easing is no longer necessary. One of the best is Slippery Elm Bark. :)
Barney , both you and brakelite have been missing . Let us beware of the common ground tatics of men .
Just a friendly reminder is all . I was worried about you my friend . I have not seen you nor brakelite .
Have you heard from brakelite .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soybeans have this toxin,(SBTX) which is a 44 kDa glycoprotein that is lethal to mice) . Undercooked beans are toxic. So you are substituting something I grew up with for something probably worse. Organic dairy is absolutely better and for some, no dairy good too. Soybean products may cause allergic reactions too: itchy skin, diarrhea, even vomiting ... I never felt that with a glass of milk.
I avoid all soy products, always have. Tofu ... yuck!
I used to like tofu, but now I also avoid all things soy. Estrogen-mimicking, and GMO.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God blessed it for food, good enough for me. Just nothing strangled or with blood left in it...and food offered to idols (not quite sure what that means other than, something like sitting at a table with say, a rock star, or a movie star who gets all kinds of praises and worship from lost humans)
I was picked up hitchhiking in my late teens by a vanload of Hare Krishna's on their Sunday feast day. They invited my friend and I to come feast with them. We did. It was one of the most amazing meals I'd ever eaten! So many different kinds of foods, and all absolutely delicious.

When everything was ready, we were invited to accompany the leaders as they assembled plates of food, a spoonful from every dish, which they took into their assembly hall, to the front where their idols stood, carved painted wood, in their niches with flowers and candles and incense. They set the plates in from of their gods, and offered their prayers and oblations.

When they were done, they removed the plates, took them back outside, and mixed each item back into the trays from which they came, stirring it through.

We were then permitted serve ourselves potluck style, and we proceeded to eat the food that had been offered to their idols.

Later that day, a wildfire headed towards their valley, and we had to evacuate. For my friend and I, it meant we could catch a ride to their Berkeley temple, furthering our progress.

The last I saw of them before we left was as they had removed their idols from their niches, and were wrapping them in blankets, preparing to bury them in the ground to protect them from the fire. I thought to myself, "Some gods!" Can't save themselves!

Much love!

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was picked up hitchhiking in my late teens by a vanload of Hare Krishna's on their Sunday feast day. They invited my friend and I to come feast with them. We did. It was one of the most amazing meals I'd ever eaten! So many different kinds of foods, and all absolutely delicious.

When everything was ready, we were invited to accompany the leaders as they assembled plates of food, a spoonful from every dish, which they took into their assembly hall, to the front where their idols stood, carved painted wood, in their niches with flowers and candles and incense. They set the plates in from of their gods, and offered their prayers and oblations.

When they were done, they removed the plates, took them back outside, and mixed each item back into the trays from which they came, stirring it through.

We were then permitted serve ourselves potluck style, and we proceeded to eat the food that had been offered to their idols.

Later that day, a wildfire headed towards their valley, and we had to evacuate. For my friend and I, it meant we could catch a ride to their Berkeley temple, furthering our progress.

The last I saw of them before we left was as they had removed their idols from their niches, and were wrapping them in blankets, preparing to bury them in the ground to protect them from the fire. I thought to myself, "Some gods!" Can't save themselves!

Much love!
Interesting story Marks. I thought they just hung out in airports! Lol, J/K. I asked Alexa t0 play some Christian music before I made any lists, the first song came up? My Sweet Lord by George Harrison from the Beatles. THAT is NOT a Christian song at all, it is about the Hare Krishna!

• Wow
Reactions: marks

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting story Marks. I thought they just hung out in airports! Lol, J/K. I asked Alexa t0 play some Christian music before I made any lists, the first song came up? My Sweet Lord by George Harrison from the Beatles. THAT is NOT a Christian song at all, it is about the Hare Krishna!
The first part where he's singing, "Hallelujah" (Hebrew, "Praise the LORD!") could be considered Christian. But when he switches to praising Krishna and Brahma and Vishnu and some of the other Hindu pantheon... Well, I've got some audio editing software that can take care of THAT little problem. <SNIP!>

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer drink cow's milk because I learned that the cellular structure of a cow's milk is not the same as the cellular structure in human breast milk from your mother so I no longer drink other animal's milk as for one big reason, I think for the cellular structure difference reasoning, I think it can cause cancer. I think goat's milk is not the same cellular structure as human milk also. I also am against drinking non-organic animal milk (cow, goat or any other) because I don't support farmers who inject in animals to produce milk all day. I think it's cruel, animal cruelty. I have even tried to be a vegetarian or is it vegan, but I found that I can't seem to ever be one while some others can, so each person's body seems to really be different in how they can make their diet but since I can't be a vegetarian or vegan, at least I can be the least cruel and try my best not to waste food. It's probably like no wonder I never liked cow's milk but was given false information about it that it was good for me. I hope as many people as possible will follow my advice in this thread and have compassion which is also in line with being Godly, and that you will have learned something new like I did. I am convinced and have stopped drinking animal milk like the cow's (and I don't drink any other animal milk anyway) for over a week now. Alternatively, I would only drink unsweetened organic soy milk, almond milk and oat milk (plant and nut milk). God bless!

edit.. Same as for dairy. I am skeptical! I am not much a fan for dairy anyway.

I much prefer breast milk, but there are so few volunteers!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How would someone keep their non-GMO crop from being cross-contaminated though? I have the same concern over corn. These are so widely grown, are anyone's crops safe?

Much love!
yes I've heard of that too, that there can be concern over cross-contamination of crops. I don't know about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes I've heard of that too, that there can be concern over cross-contamination of crops. I don't know about that.
I know that the GMO companies routinely sue farms that did not purchase their seed, yet their crops have the modified genetics. Bees, I would think, don't respect property lines, and cross-pollinate the crops.

Instead, the law should allow the farmers to sue the GMO companies for contamination of their crops!

Much love!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, why do people become lactose intolerant? because they can't digest what's not their own milk's cellular structure.
I can only drink ORGANIC milk.

But cannot imagine a life without ice cream.

But while you are watching out for milk... watch out for eggs. Many years ago I was eating eggs cooked here at home. They were the ones that have extra goodies like vitamin D that others do not (So the Vit D plus is added to the food) I got deathly ill and could not eat any eggs for 2 years. Now I will only eat the ones I buy that are a certain brand because all others afffect my stomach.

BTW... You are aware that you can buy human milk?

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW... You are aware that you can buy human milk?
Idk why anyone would except for an infant.

One of the main reasons people have trouble with digesting milk is the hybridization of cattle breeds for various reasons. Many people are going back to A2/A2 milk which comes from heritage breeds of cattle and finding that they are able to digest milk again. Goats also naturally produce A2/A2 milk.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As good as breast milk might be, I've stopped drinking it some time ago. Should I go back onto it?

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard any connection with cow's milk causing cancer. The biggest issue with cow's milk is all the hormones they pump into the cows, which finds its way into the milk. Raw milk is better but unless you live on or near a farm, it's impossible to get ahold of. Goat's milk tends to be easier to digest.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no longer drink cow's milk because I learned that the cellular structure of a cow's milk is not the same as the cellular structure in human breast milk from your mother so I no longer drink other animal's milk as for one big reason, I think for the cellular structure difference reasoning, I think it can cause cancer. I think goat's milk is not the same cellular structure as human milk also. I also am against drinking non-organic animal milk (cow, goat or any other) because I don't support farmers who inject in animals to produce milk all day. I think it's cruel, animal cruelty. I have even tried to be a vegetarian or is it vegan, but I found that I can't seem to ever be one while some others can, so each person's body seems to really be different in how they can make their diet but since I can't be a vegetarian or vegan, at least I can be the least cruel and try my best not to waste food. It's probably like no wonder I never liked cow's milk but was given false information about it that it was good for me. I hope as many people as possible will follow my advice in this thread and have compassion which is also in line with being Godly, and that you will have learned something new like I did. I am convinced and have stopped drinking animal milk like the cow's (and I don't drink any other animal milk anyway) for over a week now. Alternatively, I would only drink unsweetened organic soy milk, almond milk and oat milk (plant and nut milk). God bless!

edit.. Same as for dairy. I am skeptical! I am not much a fan for dairy anyway.

Interestingly...the "land of milk and honey" is one sort and land of promise, but no heaven. It's the Middle East--a hot and arid and dry land, having many enemies, a mere and lowly metaphor of heaven.

I too have limited my morning coffee to oat milk...but do love cheese.

But cows milk is not the real danger here. Which may very well translate meaning the foods of this world "suck" and are thick and "syrupy" compared with manna from heaven. Indeed, one should beware of what they eat.

Reactions: dev553344

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually I went back to drinking milk and what I said might just be something I made up myself about cow's milk and cancer, I'm not really sure but there just might be a link b/t dairy and cancer, I don't know. I still eat baked cheese puff chips occasionally, drink organic cow's milk as a part of my beverages along with organic almond and soy milk and freshly squeezed cold-pressed orange juice.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd but true: In 1973, I ruptured my Achilles tendon. A very respected surgeon in San Francisco who repaired it went on an absolute rant about how cow's milk should be "outlawed" because it contains an "enzyme intended for the calf" that is dangerous to humans. Since I'm not much of a milk drinker, it just went in one ear and out the other, but I've always remembered it because he was so adamant.

Stick with Guinness Stout. You can't go wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano