DON'T eat the bugs!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will happen if we maintain a diet of eating bugs?
It will make you sick!!
Our digestive systems were not created to digest bugs.
EDIT:

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will happen if we maintain a diet of eating bugs?
It will make you sick!!
Our digestive systems were not created to digest bugs.

If MEALS of ( FAKE FOOD ) Fake Meat, Bugs, Insects, Plastic... “APPEAR” to be consumed BY the wealthy, famous....(just like the vax)....People will lean to trying.
If its cheaper, “free”...People will buy it or take it.
If its a “food stamp” item...People will use their stamps for it.
If its a “School meal” .. Kids will eat it.
If its “marketed”...24-7 in Ads, TV, Flyers...People will buy it.

Many seeds are already sterile, farm land is already being bought up, they already control animals per acres, they already control gardening sizes, they already control water...
Every way possible they will ADVOCATE ... no hunger, healthy, blah, blah...
Every way possible the AGENDA ... is mass population reduction.
Remember...Children are the weakest, most vulnerable, curious to try anything. They are always the first target...and they have control of them nearly every hour of their waking day...and in many cases, breakfast, dinner and supper!

Reactions: Earburner

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear locusts are good with wild honey.

John was clothed with camel’s hair and wore a leather belt around his waist, and his diet was locusts and wild honey. (Mark 1:6)

Locusts are like grasshoppers, right? Probably takes a lot of wild honey to choke those down.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear locusts are good with wild honey.

John was clothed with camel’s hair and wore a leather belt around his waist, and his diet was locusts and wild honey. (Mark 1:6)

Locusts are like grasshoppers, right? Probably takes a lot of wild honey to choke those down.
In all actuality, there is the Carob tree, called a "locust tree".
Therefore, we should all stand corrected that John the Bapist did not eat the bugs, that are locusts.
Edit:
though I have said what I have said, it is I that stands corrected by "Taken" and "Michiah-Imla". Please see my correction in post #12.
Thanks, Earburner.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, we should all stand corrected that John the Bapist did not eat the bugs, that are locusts.
Darn!;)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Locusts (also called by other names ie cicada’s) can travel singularly or in swarms of millions. Some species emerge about every 17 years, others of smaller groups yearly.
The devastating swarms of millions can consume in a day enough crops to feed 30+ thousands of people. And they can travel enormous distances.

Personally I doubt John the Baptist ate bugs. John was in the wilderness.
Certainly the wilderness is often a reference to a dessert, especially in Arabia.
As well the wilderness is a reference to a forest....meaning either place not the usual habit of large groups of people.

Herbs and Plants in the plains and forests were a historical food source for the Hebrews, Tribesmen, Jews...ie ISRAEL.

I would suspect John was in a forest wilderness (also IMO, revealing outside of a town/city) and ate from plants.
And to add:
~ consideration of a water source. More likely a forest.
~ consideration of his tasked purpose to announce Jesus to Israel. More likely nearest Jews holy lands.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suspect John was in a forest wilderness (also IMO, revealing outside of a town/city) and ate from plants.
Jordan River area, probably near Galilee in northern Israel. (Mark 1:9, Matthew 3:13, John 1:28). According to Google maps, it looks relatively lush up in the north. Down south near Jerusalem and the Dead Sea, it's barren desert.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Further consideration:

Leviticus 11: gives a run-down on what men should not or may eat.

Regarding Locusts...

[21] Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
[22] Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

I would suppose, IF a man KNOWS which bug is sanctioned by God to EAT, and NOT to eat, he would elect his own choice to EAT insects.

On the other hand, IF a man TRUSTS men unknown to him to mass package and sell “insect food items”....eh...nothing new IMO, it would have nothing to do with Biblical consideration or prohibition.

Some cultures regularly eat....all kinds of bugs and creepy critters and sea animals....Personally I like cattle, a palatable taste of somewhere in-between mooing and leather.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Bapist did not eat the bugs

He ate locusts like the scripture says.

Don’t add “tree” to the text.

There’s more bugs you can eat:

“Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.” (Leviticus 11:22)

Reactions: dev553344

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He ate locusts like the scripture says.

Don’t add “tree” to the text.

There’s more bugs you can eat:

“Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.” (Leviticus 11:22)
Well said!!
it appears that I am the one that stands corrected. I forgot about the scripture that "Taken" had provided in Leviticus 11.

So then, according to the Greek word for "locust"- G200 in the Strongs, it is apparently describing the bug called a locust.

Thank you, to you and "Taken" for correcting me on that. :)

In any case however, don't eat the bugs!!

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said!!
it appears that I am the one that stands corrected. I forgot about the scripture that "Taken" had provided in Leviticus 11.

So then, according to the Greek word for "locust"- G200 in the Strongs, it is apparently describing the bug called a locust.

Thank you, to you and "Taken" for correcting me on that. :)

In any case however, don't eat the bugs!!

As I mentioned, there are a lot of creepy crawly things and critters on land, certain birds, sea life that people routinely eat .... not sanctioned by God for men to eat ... and if paying attention, Scripture reading is not a high priority...even among Believers. So caution would still stand to reason, bugs marketed as a typical food source or additive would not be so picky or necessarily beneficial for healthy nutrient resources.
Seriously look at the crap even now they market as “healthy”... pfff.

Yum...dried grub snacks.....eweee!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you tried Moreton Bay Bugs?

People pay big bucks to eat these bugs.