I said, "Father! You be the One to define yourself!" and God started to relate to me! Praise God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there has been a bug bear in my mind, for some time: how do you define God? What about God do you share with the world? The answer to those questions is a bit of a trick, because even though there are many answers (from many people, actually), the truth is God can define Himself. The power of God is that God can tell you what to share with the world - you do not have to do it on your own. This is what it is to reckon with God, about your salvation, about His message that He wants to share with you, and the world. You can try to define God on your own if you want to, but it will always be inferior - because it does not turn to God, for the truth, it just gets muddied in the waters of the earth.

What does God tell you, if you let Him define Himself? That is a mystery, to begin with - but there is a definite change of relationship, from dependence, to friendship. The world may laugh that you have got a relationship with God, of God's making, but that is almost the point: they don't know how to relate to God on His terms, and only laugh. In their laughing they lose power, and need to sooth their itching ears by trying to make God more in their own image. This is not the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit does not deny the Father. The Holy Spirit shows us ways in which we can relate to the Father, how the Father would most like to define Himself. This is a defense in times of trouble, where the Holy Spirit is able to give an answer about God, which is not hindered by our own expectations of what God will do. It's that old adage: "if you love someone, set them free; if they come back to you, they are yours". The Holy Spirit works with us, to give God the Glory. There is no way to separate the Holy Spirit from God, the more you limit God, the more you limit the Holy Spirit. With this faith, come works - works that show God is the One True God.

This is what Jesus did, when He was on Earth: He let God define Himself. Jesus didn't come saying "this is what I have made God, worship my image" far from it, He came saying "God and I are One, you also join us!" This welcome we are at peril not to answer, the word of God will only ever be more mysterious, which will cause us to depart if we do not grow in it. It is our responsibility to wait, until we grow in faith. But waiting is not defining, we do not come to God saying "this is what I need you to be".

I hope this has been of some encouragment.

God bless.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great encouragement for those seeking for God to reveal himself.