• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So yes I have been dwelling on how to increase my faith, what to believe, how to believe it: what I have come up with, is that taking up the cross, is about more than just sin and the confession of it. What I have come up with, is that faith itself, needs to face the cross. Jesus went to the cross, yes, but He did it with scripture - "My God, My God, why Your Abandonment", quoting the Psalms. This is important, because we can become too heavily focussed on our sin, when God wants us to do something about it "Yes", but He wants us to do something with it - "if you know what to do, blessed are you if you do it" (gospels, from memory). This is by the power of God - which God (He) is fully willing to yield.

I can feel myself charging up, as I write this! There is something about the power of the scripture, that makes the cross that much more powerful - we can lean in to it, make better decisions by it, this is the desire God and His Son Christ Jesus. "He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor" (OT, from memory), we have His discretion, if we keep His word, that is a powerful thing. Imagine then, that we keep His Word, to the end? There is something super-natural about this. If it is written on our hearts, our hearts will be saved - all we need to do, is keep a space for God to work. The more space we keep, the more room He has to have worked.

Creativity, under guidance, is a strong combination - I think that's what God expects when He gives us scripture, not that we believe it, like automatons, but that we suffer for it, even as we die, to minimize the suffering we are going through, yes, but also to protract and extend the greater flourishing of the Spirit and His conviction in our lives. We will be stable. Even if the world drives us mad, we will be stable and effective and committed and resonant with the truth of the Word of God. We should all heed this and pick something, of scripture, that we knew was for the end, we face: we should know the scripture already, that means we should be reading the Word of God, until the scripture is revealed in us. The Holy Spirit, will give us power to do this.

I hope you are able to commit in the Holy Spirit, as He would have you do.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So yes I have been dwelling on how to increase my faith, what to believe, how to believe it: what I have come up with, is that taking up the cross, is about more than just sin and the confession of it. What I have come up with, is that faith itself, needs to face the cross. Jesus went to the cross, yes, but He did it with scripture - "My God, My God, why Your Abandonment", quoting the Psalms. This is important, because we can become too heavily focussed on our sin, when God wants us to do something about it "Yes", but He wants us to do something with it - "if you know what to do, blessed are you if you do it" (gospels, from memory). This is by the power of God - which God (He) is fully willing to yield.

I can feel myself charging up, as I write this! There is something about the power of the scripture, that makes the cross that much more powerful - we can lean in to it, make better decisions by it, this is the desire God and His Son Christ Jesus. "He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor" (OT, from memory), we have His discretion, if we keep His word, that is a powerful thing. Imagine then, that we keep His Word, to the end? There is something super-natural about this. If it is written on our hearts, our hearts will be saved - all we need to do, is keep a space for God to work. The more space we keep, the more room He has to have worked.

Creativity, under guidance, is a strong combination - I think that's what God expects when He gives us scripture, not that we believe it, like automatons, but that we suffer for it, even as we die, to minimize the suffering we are going through, yes, but also to protract and extend the greater flourishing of the Spirit and His conviction in our lives. We will be stable. Even if the world drives us mad, we will be stable and effective and committed and resonant with the truth of the Word of God. We should all heed this and pick something, of scripture, that we knew was for the end, we face: we should know the scripture already, that means we should be reading the Word of God, until the scripture is revealed in us. The Holy Spirit, will give us power to do this.

We born-again believers have the faith but are we willing to put it to use or does use unbelief and doubt to negate our faith?

Reactions: Gottservant

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Why would I crucify my faith?