Don't read this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And you, why it would not in a case like mine.

As far as I'm concerned, it works. It helps a person wake up to see the wrong they are doing, I've seen it happen. That is something you can either believe or not.
But do you have the right to change another person on the basis of your beliefs?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do you have the right to change another person on the basis of your beliefs?

Again, I think you are getting my situation and yours mixed up. Does God have the right to show us our wrongs and expect us to change?

And my beliefs are God's beliefs so yes, I not only have the right but as a Christian, I am supposed to help them. The following is pretty much saying, not to talk to them:

1 Corinthians 5:11
New King James Version
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Again, I think you are getting my situation and yours mixed up. Does God have the right to show us our wrongs and expect us to change?

And my beliefs are God's beliefs so yes, I not only have the right but as a Christian, I am supposed to help them. The following is pretty much saying, not to talk to them:

New King James Version
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person
Jesus used to associate with those types. So who are you gonna believe?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

New King James Version
I am all those thing's, in a way.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used to associate with those types. So who are you gonna believe?

You need to pay closerattention to what you read.

I can safely believe both. Christ associated with unsaved sinners in order to bring them to Christ. Those I spokeof in the scripture were supposily saved who still lived sin...big difference.

am all those thing's, in a way.

Then you see right there in scripture what a problem that is, so I think, if I were you, I'd be making some changes pronto.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I can safely believe both. Christ associated with unsaved sinners in order to bring them to Christ. Those I spokeof in the scripture were supposily saved who still lived sin...big difference.

Then you see right there in scripture what a problem that is, so I think, if I were you, I'd be making some changes pronto.
@TheslightestID Separation and sanctification are also Scriptural. Being willing to identify with sinners in their predicament - sin apart - is also Scriptural.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TheslightestID Separation and sanctification are also Scriptural. Being willing to identify with sinners in their predicament - sin apart - is also Scriptural.

Identify, try to help, if they don't listen, dont even eat wth them is what I get from the bible on those who say they are Christian but are living in ongoing serious sin.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Paul is teaching not to remain in the company of believers of Jesus who behave that way.

So we're both wrong.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Entanglement, post: 899887, member: 8925"]Paul is teaching not to remain in the company of believers of Jesus who behave that way.

So we're both wrong.[/QUOTE]

No, that is exactly what I thought he was teaching.

(Deleted quote)

Last edited by a moderator: