Don't read this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer." John 19:8-9

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer." John 19:8-9
So it's perfectly fine for a Christian to serve the silent treatment on somebody when necessary; even if that causes them psychological pain?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow my feelings in all situations. That's all I can say.
Well, your title got my attention. Now I know how to get others to read my threads, lol!

Follow your feelings? So...if you feel like punching someone, you do it??

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well, your title got my attention. Now I know how to get others to read my threads, lol!

Follow your feelings? So...if you feel like punching someone, you do it??
No. Because feeling aggressive keeps me from punching someone in the face, so long as I don't fight off that feeling :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Because feeling aggressive keeps me from punching someone in the face, so long as I don't fight off that feeling :)
Then you’re not really following your feelings, which means that your feelings dictate your actions.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Then you’re not really following your feelings, which means that your feelings dictate your actions.
You actually need emotional stimulus first to form a series of thoughts; then actions follow from there. If you don't know anything about your feelings then you will form inaccurate thoughts, and then your actions will bare that fruit.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You actually need emotional stimulus first to form a series of thoughts; then actions follow from there. If you don't know anything about your feelings then you will form inaccurate thoughts, and then your actions will bare that fruit.
I completely disagree. Emotions come from thoughts, not vice versa. The emotion can follow the thought so quickly that it seems like the emotion came first.

I agree that it’s important to be aware of what’s going on in our heads and our hearts (i.e. emotions). A disconnect can cause big problems.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I completely disagree. Emotions come from thoughts, not vice versa. The emotion can follow the thought so quickly that it seems like the emotion came first.

I agree that it’s important to be aware of what’s going on in our heads and our hearts (i.e. emotions). A disconnect can cause big problems.
Neurological research has not discovered the point of origin for the forming of thoughts. But there is always a precursor.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neurological research has not discovered the point of origin for the forming of thoughts. But there is always a precursor.
Yeah, I don’t think neurology would tell the whole story where thoughts and emotions are concerned since these are not material (having physical properties), and science deals with the material.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yeah, I don’t think neurology would tell the whole story where thoughts and emotions are concerned since these are not material (having physical properties), and science deals with the material.
It is our feelings that begin the process of thinking. They'll discover that soon enough.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you feel you are receiving the silent treatment?

I'll talk to ya..
I been trying but you just give me these one liners.
Not much to work with there.
It takes two to tango..
:)
Hugs
Is that #3 ? :confused: