Don't saddle it if you can't ride it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please cite Scripture which states Old Testament morality is to be cautionary.

As well, please find how Old Testament morality is used by churches to develop members' egos. This is very interesting.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well, looks like you'll end up just having a semantics argument there. Is the "mount" the "path" or the "steps" iow?
I am still laughing at how the OP cannot give any Scripture about "God choosing the mount to saddle." I did not realize God was a rodeo fan. Especially as Jesus never rode saddle, but only on a donkey. Lol.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please cite Scripture which states Old Testament morality is to be cautionary.

As well, please find how Old Testament morality is used by churches to develop members' egos. This is very interesting.

There are so many!

How about Lot offering his daughters to be gang raped?
How about Abraham lying about his wife being his sister - twice?
How about Lot's daughters sleeping with their father?
How about Elisha calling out a bear to devour people who called him 'baldy'
How about Jacob stealing his brothers blessing and tricking his blind father?
How about Joseph messing with his brothers?
Etc, etc, etc........

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7849-1425x2533.jpeg There is no competition for last place. If Jesus were to return in the flesh today and walk freely among us He would not be noticed. He made Himself of no reputation and had no form or comeliness. God has blessed me by never placing me in a position of leadership of any fashion. It is His will for me and I am grateful beyond expression. I have observed man after man be placed in some office in a church and watch as they allowed their foolish pride, which was alive and thriving, to bring about a hint - or more - of superiority. Instead of becoming a servant to the body they became arrogant and unapproachable.

A church we used to attend under a different pastor now has a pastor that delegates everything to "teams" and and committees. At the close of a church service when all that need prayer come forward the pastor leaves the pulpit and calls for the prayer team to come forward and pray. The church in America needs revival. So many stand to minister in the name of the Lord Jesus that don't even know Him.

Once He told me "pride is a golden chain, the brighter it shines the tighter it binds". I was so glad, so overwhelmingly glad when Jesus came to the Rural place we live and saved me. No church people led me or spoke with me. He just came and got me, saved me and baptized me with his Holy Spirit. I was a wretch. I was 33. I had to get into the Bible to discover what had happened to me. That I had been born again, become a new creation.

He made me do many things that dealt with my human pride. I went before strangers as He led me and confessed that I'd sinned against them by stealing from them or whatever my sin was.

We must turn back He says and cover that which came from us.

Deuteronomy 23:13-14 KJVS
And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee: [14] For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.

If we yield ourselves to Him truly He will deal with our pride. He will not force you you can submit to His correction or resist. Our growth ceases and is stunted if we refuse His chastening, correction and scourging.

Though He were a son yet learned He obedience through the things that He suffered.
I make no claim as to having arrived in any one area of my life. The more He changes us the more we see that is in need of change. The closer we draw to Him and His perfect light the more flaws we can see. The cross of Jesus must forever be in view to us. The blood of Jesus and cross of Jesus in the midst of our life always.

So many churches have backslidden and find the preaching of the cross, the blood of Jesus offensive. Many have removed all worship songs that mention TV e blood or the cross.

In colonial America as a church was being built a workman was shaping a wooden beam going into the steeple tower. One of a group of children watching the men construct the church asked what the man was doing. He replied "I'm shaping this member down here so that it will fit in up there", pointing to the steeple above them. So it is the Lord shapes us. Whittling away useless material will always be painful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not yielding to Jesus and being baptized in the Holy Spirit is a dead end road block for continuing with Jesus after being born again. Denominational religion has planted seeds of fear in the hearts of those attending the dead dry services. Not having the spirit brother Jude says.

Jude 1:17-20 (NKJV)
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

When those that are born of the Spirit but not being baptized in the spirit continue in life it is by natural, fleshly wisdom and not the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Rather than seeking God until praying through and finding God's specific will in a thing the natural mind of man decides on the course of action. Until men yield themselves to Jesus and letting Him baptize them in His Holy Spirit they will continue to operate in the flesh.

Only the I dwelling power of the Holy Spirit is able to subdue the ego, the pride of life, in man. Being born again is indeed being born of the spirit but is not the same as being baptized in, filled with, the Holy Spirit. Attempting to defeat the flesh by means of the flesh is a fruitless effort.

Reactions: Helen and pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Frank....Amazing post, makes one want to weep. I too have seen a similar thing, where our Pastor went off the deep end, because he thought he had been chosen by God to bring all the churches together, which we didn't know when we first joined. He went as far as saying that he believed he was the Michael spoken of, in the book of Revelation, which the rest of us had thought to be speaking of the Archangel Michael. He too had gotten hold of the Americanized version of the Gospel, about God wanting us all to have everything........I have noticed that our enemy has two basic tricks up his sleeve. He either does all he can to make a person believe there is NO God, and if he can't do that, he just gets people to completely pervert the Truth, either way they become unfruitful in the earth.
Thank our Holy Father that He always has a remnant hidden in Him........:)

When I first came to the alter, and received the GIFT, there was no doubt in my self that Jesus was TRUE, then the Pasteur started to tell me that God had a GREAT work for Me, all I needed to do was receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and speak in tongues, and be slain in the Spirit. He started to show favor to me, all I can say is that I was not one to be looked up to, nor did I want that. I saw things that had to be of the Spirit, the Spirit showed Him things, then something changed, anger began to show itself, I didn't stay long after that, there is a saying " bring them in the front door, get em saved and loose them out the back door. Yes we all should Thank God that he has and always will have a Remnant. I haven't been in a Church for 13 years, yet I have still grown and matured! Oh their method of trying to get the Spirit was in my experience, agonizing, and fearful.

Reactions: Pisteuo and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't been in a Church for 13 years, yet I have still grown and matured! Oh their method of trying to get the Spirit was in my experience, agonizing, and fearful.
I started out without it, then joined ( or tried ) various fellowships, but like you, I found the same thing. THEY made me afraid of God for a time and it took Jesus a lot of work with me for many years to see why they had not been correct. Praise His Faithfulness forever more ! Haven't been to any kind of service since 2001/02, but like you have grown much, with Him guiding it all. MUCH better...I could have NEVER made it without His help ( the Father, Jesus and the Holy spirit ).
Many have zero clue, nor are they interested in knowing the REALITY of our Lord or the reality of receiving His Holy Spirit.
Oh boy, if only they knew what they were missing out on :) Peace and blessings in Him Pia

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started out without it, then joined ( or tried ) various fellowships, but like you, I found the same thing. THEY made me afraid of God for a time and it took Jesus a lot of work with me for many years to see why they had not been correct. Praise His Faithfulness forever more ! Haven't been to any kind of service since 2001/02, but like you have grown much, with Him guiding it all. MUCH better...I could have NEVER made it without His help ( the Father, Jesus and the Holy spirit ).
Many have zero clue, nor are they interested in knowing the REALITY of our Lord or the reality of receiving His Holy Spirit.
Oh boy, if only they knew what they were missing out on :) Peace and blessings in Him Pia

It is funny that you used the word Reality, recently a teacher made the statement, " I am the Way, The Reality, and the Life" speaking about Jesus of course! Some times I get Envious when people talk about the infilling of the Spirit, I have had experiences that I believe were from our Savior, but Never spoken in the Holy Language, But the Spirit has always lead me to Truth, the very thing I prayed for. And there are some on this sight that seem to be on such a high plateau Spiritually! that I hope I never reach. I love God, I love our Savior, and I truly love the Words between the Bindings of the book, its the only thing I read, except the reply's on this sight.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is funny that you used the word Reality, recently a teacher made the statement, " I am the Way, The Reality, and the Life"
Hello 'Truth'.......Sounds like you may have a humble person as your teacher......Our Lord doesn't NEED all to speak in the heavenly language, or have visions and alike...He just want us to BELIEVE in Him, as when we do we also believe in the Father.....Once we believe and seek after His truth, He will add the things we need as we go, also we are welcome to ask Him questions....He can answer with His still small voice.... or with a voice you may get to recognize...... or a rather 'full' authoritative voice, which you cannot mistake for anyone other than The Highest...........He can use the Bible, or other believers or even a science show........My point is....He can and does look after each and every person who believes, He is right there by us, whether we can see Him or not, and He knows how to guide a person and what they need, to do whatever He has for them to do, and not everyone will have a specific task......To all of us He just wants us to go and tell others that He loves them, what they do with that is up to them, but we MUST go in THE Spirit of Love, Peace and Joy .
Receiving the Holy Spirit is easy, as it is a promise from God from on old.........Living IN the REALITY of being infilled with His Spirit and going about things accordingly............. that is another matter........... Praise Him forever ! Pia

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 'Truth'.......Sounds like you may have a humble person as your teacher......Our Lord doesn't NEED all to speak in the heavenly language, or have visions and alike...He just want us to BELIEVE in Him, as when we do we also believe in the Father.....Once we believe and seek after His truth, He will add the things we need as we go, also we are welcome to ask Him questions....He can answer with His still small voice.... or with a voice you may get to recognize...... or a rather 'full' authoritative voice, which you cannot mistake for anyone other than The Highest...........He can use the Bible, or other believers or even a science show........My point is....He can and does look after each and every person who believes, He is right there by us, whether we can see Him or not, and He knows how to guide a person and what they need, to do whatever He has for them to do, and not everyone will have a specific task......To all of us He just wants us to go and tell others that He loves them, what they do with that is up to them, but we MUST go in THE Spirit of Love, Peace and Joy .
Receiving the Holy Spirit is easy, as it is a promise from God from on old.........Living IN the REALITY of being infilled with His Spirit and going about things accordingly............. that is another matter........... Praise Him forever ! Pia

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU, and I Love you Lady, with the Love God has given ME

Reactions: pia

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not yielding to Jesus and being baptized in the Holy Spirit is a dead end road block for continuing with Jesus after being born again. Denominational religion has planted seeds of fear in the hearts of those attending the dead dry services. Not having the spirit brother Jude says.

Jude 1:17-20 (NKJV)
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

When those that are born of the Spirit but not being baptized in the spirit continue in life it is by natural, fleshly wisdom and not the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Rather than seeking God until praying through and finding God's specific will in a thing the natural mind of man decides on the course of action. Until men yield themselves to Jesus and letting Him baptize them in His Holy Spirit they will continue to operate in the flesh.

Only the I dwelling power of the Holy Spirit is able to subdue the ego, the pride of life, in man. Being born again is indeed being born of the spirit but is not the same as being baptized in, filled with, the Holy Spirit. Attempting to defeat the flesh by means of the flesh is a fruitless effort.

well Mr. frank it looks like you've been there done that, or you wouldn't know the difference. what you say here is true. no doubt about it. to me the use of "God's Judgement of what is good for you" is exactly the same as you describe here. men think to be saved by confessing Jesus, but never experience the Life of Christ because they never surrender their own judgement of what is good for themselves. they trust their own judgement, as A&E did, over God's Judgement and clearly set themselves superior to God.

that's that freewill they love to go on about, clouding and blinding themselves to the fact that any other judgement other than God's Judgement will result in death, because only God's Judgement is Life and the result is Life, Life everlasting Amen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There was nothing in your reply which identified how churches actually cultivate egos. It simply illustrated how they attract egos, which is quite easy to observe.

If you wish, I do know many of the ways churches in fact do cultivate egos. They are often quite good at doing so.
I'm just reading along.

I hope you do tell us later on...