Don't swim in this lake in China?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
China Flooding Frees 70 Crocodiles From Farm - Videos from The Weather Channel
"Dozens of crocodiles are missing after torrential rain in Southern China brought flooding to a farm. Authorities are using sonar to try and locate them, but say they are hiding in a deep lake."

220px-Lake_placid_ver2.jpg

Reactions: Debp and marks

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was playing golf as the last four on the TPC Course in Tampa. The following day the Senior tour would start a tournament. The last four holes were the most interesting. The Club Pro and Jack Nicholas joined us. Grand Stands in place around specific holes. Number 18 almost surrounded. We tee'd off ....I was on the left of the fairway for a straight shot to the pin on 18. The club pro whispered "Look at your buddy on the other side of the fairway. Tom was on the right side next to the large pond. Over his shoulder was the head of a 14 foot gator about thirty feet from him. "This is George's last day on the course." "Why remove the gator?" Imagine Jack Nicholas on that bank getting ready to hit to win ......the last thing the TV cameras see of Jack ......George dragging him into the water .......The PGA would never come back ......I imagine George is a set of luggage somewhere in a airport right now ....

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We spent summers at grandmas in the mid 60's at Sun City Center Tampa Florida and I was like 6 -10 yrs old.
My brothers and I would fish, bike, and run around the place and there were lots of waterways and ponds. In the ponds could be found some gators and large snapping turtles. One day, a small duck we frightened shot out into the water and it vanished. Something gulped it down super quick. That was a shock to witness. I think it was a large snapper now. We would hear stories of little pet dogs eaten by Gaters there from the old folk, and maybe a few old ladies were eaten too, after being warned not to get close to the gators to feed them.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My uncle near Orlando pulled a gator out of his pond back in the 50's. They are a real threat to people. A child at Disney was nabbed by a gator and gone! The place where I used to swim is now a shark attack danger. Florida is beautiful but I'm glad I left! Hurricanes, gators, sharks and lots of deadly snakes!

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
China Flooding Frees 70 Crocodiles From Farm - Videos from The Weather Channel
"Dozens of crocodiles are missing after torrential rain in Southern China brought flooding to a farm. Authorities are using sonar to try and locate them, but say they are hiding in a deep lake."

220px-Lake_placid_ver2.jpg

Did anyone see the true story about a crocodile in Australia that capsized a small tour boat?

A few tourists were stranded in the deserted swamp and had to climb into low hanging trees. And the crocodile was waiting below for them.

It's a good movie called Black Water. (There's another movie with the same title but different subject.). Tubi used to have Black Water, maybe still does. YouTube might have it.

Reactions: dev553344

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone see the true story about a crocodile in Australia that capsized a small tour boat?

A few tourists were stranded in the deserted swamp and had to climb into low hanging trees. And the crocodile was waiting below for them.

It's a good movie called Black Water. (There's another movie with the same title but different subject.). Tubi used to have Black Water, maybe still does. YouTube might have it.

Wow! I'm gonna watch that.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My uncle near Orlando pulled a gator out of his pond back in the 50's. They are a real threat to people. A child at Disney was nabbed by a gator and gone! The place where I used to swim is now a shark attack danger. Florida is beautiful but I'm glad I left! Hurricanes, gators, sharks and lots of deadly snakes!
I remember the child being snatched by the gator at Disney World.

Also, I hear the Pythons or Boa Constrictors are propagating a lot in the Everglades. Don't they pay people to hunt for them?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the child being snatched by the gator at Disney World.

Also, I hear the Pythons or Boa Constrictors are propagating a lot in the Everglades. Don't they pay people to hunt for them?
Disney should have paid MILLIONS! But even MILLIONS is not worth the life of a precious child!

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've seen lake Placid but not black water. Maybe I'll check it out. They recently put some pretty good free movies on Youtube so I've been watching those.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen lake Placid but not black water. Maybe I'll check it out. They recently put some pretty good free movies on Youtube so I've been watching those.

I did check Tubi and they still offer Black Water. Just go to "explore" and type it in.

However, there are a couple of other movies called Black Water....so look for the crocodile one. It's good and true.

Tubi is free. I've had it for years on my tablet and like it alot. They have tons of movies...most with trailers.
@Jack

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
China needs to hire this guy, the only martial arts master that is known to train with crocs:
NINTCHDBPICT000849672707-2.jpg

Reactions: Jack

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
China needs to hire this guy, the only martial arts master that is known to train with crocs:
NINTCHDBPICT000849672707-2.jpg
Actually that looks like animal abuse.

I could understand if he was really being attacked in the wild. But it seems like abuse for some kind of show. One could root for the Crocs in this case! :D

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that looks like animal abuse.

I could understand if he was really being attacked in the wild. But it seems like abuse for some kind of show. One could root for the Crocs in this case! :D
So you're rooting for the crocs instead of the humans in the fight? Hmmm.

Last edited:
  • Haha

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Don't swim in this lake in China?​

oky, I won't tell you to jump in the lake!

• Haha

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Florida law ......No one is at fault when wildlife kills someone.

On another site, we got into a huge debate when that child was killed on Disney property. I explained that the family finally sat down with Disney and a Foundation was formed. Simply to get the event off the headlines. Someone popped off and said that the lake should be cleared of all alligators. I explained there are 300,000 acres of which 30,000 acres is developed. There are about 2500 lakes on that property. Funny thing about gators .....they sense that a nearby lake is suddenly lacking in gators .....The lake would be repopulated in days.

I inspected a house on a lake. purchased by a couple from Michigan. Retired .....I walked around to the back of the house at the pool cage. Her two little Yorkies were in the cage. Walked back to the front and asked the owners and truck driver to come to the back. Along the back of the cage was a ten foot alligator. Told them .....he is sizing up the cage and lunch. If he gets in, all you hear is one squeal ....Do not leave the dogs unaccompanied in that cage ....do not leave Grandkids unaccompanied in that cage. The joke around here is that the best bait for alligators is Poodle on a string with grannie attached.....