Draft

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One of my nephews just received a draft notice. Has anyone else here heard of your family receiving one? My sister is a wreck, but we just got finished praying...I don't think he would make it through basic, unless they just push him through...oh, but God.
It's a prank. The draft was abolished January 27,1973.

Does the notice ask for money?

Or to report to an address?

If so, tell your nephew to not comply with either request.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Some people wonder why I’m such a homebody. It’s because, when I was 19, I was doing things you can’t imagine.” - Alfred B. Luna, Vietnam veteran

Think twice before joining the military.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To serve one's Country is an honor and duty, when called upon.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think it's better to have a professional army of volunteers or a compulsory army? (I'm Canadian, BTW.)
I know you are Canadian, at the moment joining the Armed Services is voluntary, but if made mandatory in case of war, then I think it's every American's duty to serve their Country.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know you are Canadian, at the moment joining the Armed Services is voluntary, but if made mandatory in case of war, then I think it's every American's duty to serve their Country.
Do you admit for example that leaders can get it wrong about which wars to fight?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you admit for example that leaders can get it wrong about which wars to fight?
Yes I admit leaders can get it wrong, I also believe as according to our Constitution as written by our Founding Fathers, we should not get involved in Foreign Wars, but unfortunately the times have changed to where one needs to, in order to keep our Country safe.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I admit leaders can get it wrong, I also believe as according to our Constitution as written by our Founding Fathers, we should not get involved in Foreign Wars, but unfortunately the times have changed to where one needs to, in order to keep our Country safe.
Up here, Prime Minister Chretien just said no to joining the US and the UK in the Iraq War. (They didn't find WMD - the reason they gave for going to war.)

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Up here, Prime Minister Chretien just said no to joining the US and the UK in the Iraq War. (They didn't find WMD - the reason they gave for going to war.)
Yes Bush Jr. got that one wrong.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks brother. I think it is just a registration form as it came in the mail. I allowed my alarmist sister to upset me so I got right on here without thinking it through. I do not watch TV at all so, I wouldn't know if the draft was re-instituted. Thanks for the info!
could it be that the only draft is that window which didn't get closed well? o_O

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I served in the military, but I don't think people should be forced to serve in a war they don't approve of. It's immoral of the leaders to do that. As free agency is violated. Which is a God given right.

Reactions: Nancy

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I received information this week about a pastor who is a colleague of mine. He has been drafted. He’s a conscientious objector and he’s in serious trouble with the government. Where he lives, conscientious objectors aren’t tolerated. I’m not sure if he’s been imprisoned yet or not. He may be executed.

He lives and works in Russia.

Reactions: dev553344